A Better Start For Rogue in The X Movies

RaisingStorm

Civilian
Reaction score
I Love Rogue, she is not my favorite character, but she (in the comic) is such a cool character, I wonder how would she be if they only honored her better in the movies, here is my theory. Instead of having child Rogue run away from home and find Logan and blah blah blah, have Jubilee; lets say, Magneto's machine can be powered just by an specific group of Psionic mutants in which himself, Jubilee...or Psyloke (anyone??) are in, and follow the same plot of Magneto trying to use a mutant to power the Machine and so and so... and Have Rogue already an established X Men character like Storm and Cyclops, she could be some teacher or something like Storm was from the gate. Mybe in later movies touch a bit on Rogue's past or something. to me the fact of having a non Flying weak a$$ Rogue sounds stupid. I think Rogue could have been a better character if from the gate they made her the way she was in the comic. what do you guys think???

yeah i totally agree, its sad to see a kick ass comic figure being misused and being totatly disrespectful to the writers

RaisingStorm said:
I Love Rogue, she is not my favorite character, but she (in the comic) is such a cool character, I wonder how would she be if they only honored her better in the movies, here is my theory. Instead of having child Rogue run away from home and find Logan and blah blah blah, have Jubilee; lets say, Magneto's machine can be powered just by an specific group of Psionic mutants in which himself, Jubilee...or Psyloke (anyone??) are in, and follow the same plot of Magneto trying to use a mutant to power the Machine and so and so... and Have Rogue already an established X Men character like Storm and Cyclops, she could be some teacher or something like Storm was from the gate. Mybe in later movies touch a bit on Rogue's past or something. to me the fact of having a non Flying weak a$$ Rogue sounds stupid. I think Rogue could have been a better character if from the gate they made her the way she was in the comic. what do you guys think???
Sorry but not every character in the comics can have the most screen time. I want Gambit in these movies in starring role...but guess what...AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN any time soon! We also cannot have a team of 20 mutants flying around beating all the bad guys @sses. The team has to have some invulnerabilities within its members....or there would be no drama. Rogue(although I disagree with the movies as well)has a reason to take the cure and it added a great subplot and drama to her great character. Plus...the cure is obviously temporary! Hence, Rogue will likely come back and kick some serious butt.:)

I think that Rogue dealing with the misuse of her powers against another meta human (Miss Marvel) would have been a way better backstory to her moaning about not being able to jump in the sack with Iceman.

Also it could have had a kickass subplot between her and Mystique.

Rogue was wonderful in X-men but in X2 and X3 I wondered is this the Rogue I know? I was disappointed if her. Especially in X3 where she did nothing...just took the cure and became human.

Though it was far from her comic counter-part, I really enjoyed the character of Rogue in X1 and X2. It was good to see a mutant who wasn't alljoyous with their amazing super powers, and if she had her super strength and flight, then she woulda been. She was the emotional link that the audience could physically connect with.

True that, and we wouldnt have seen that amazing scene in X2 when they where in the X Jet and Rogue flew out of the jet after they got hit, I love how Nightcrawler saved her, wouldnt have hapened if she could fly, but they could have use someone else, they could have introduced Kitty or something, I know is too late but I was just wondering what you guys' opinion would be about my idea of a beter start for Rogue in the Film Series

I suppose if they had made her like the comic-book Rogue from the beginning, I would still love her character in the movies, I just like what they tried to do with her. very creative, I thought. It showed they actually took her character and thought hard about what they do with her which would be original and captivating, instead of just taking a storyline right off the page and sticking it in a movie.

I don't think the essence of Rogue really started off too differently in the movies than what was done with her in the comics.

She's a girl from the south who kisses a boy and puts him into a coma . . . thus her issues with her abilities become present. She then runs away from home, etc. and has trouble fully coping with her powers ever since . . . that's pretty much how it goes in both mediums.

I don't have too much of a problem with them not getting into the whole Destiny, Mystique, Ms. Marvel, Rogue issue . . . because that would take a bit of explaining to do, and this is not a Rogue movie, it's an X-Men movie. My problem is moreso that rather than become more comfortable with the control and use of her powers, in X3 she simply reverts back to the ostracized little girl that she was in X-Men (which granted, does work given the cure storyline . . . but I don't think they should have introduced the cure storyline yet). I would have liked Rogue to become increasingly confident with the use and control of her powers (and be a solid part of the team, as she seemed to be toward the end of X2--in the White House she seems at at home and secure in herself), realizing that perhaps they aren't the curse she once thought them to be . . . and therefore, she could become more akin to the latter Rogue in the comics . . . then after becoming more comfortable with her powers, if they wanted to still introduce the cure dynamic, it would have been a much more difficult, emotional struggle for her in deciding what to do.

I agree with you there BMM, I do think the cure storyline was introduced a tad early, at least for Rogue's sake, but I'm confidant that she will still play a part in future movies and I'm interested to see how her character progresses from now on. I think its pretty certain her powers will return. If not, major boo boo on the part of the writers.

Its true, there is similarities, it was just hard for me to get use to a weak Rogue, I dunno, I don mena for them to explain her days in the brotherhood and life with Mistique, just like Pyro was just an X Student, just have Rogue with her powers, but I guess its all about bringing something new and diferent, I just feel bad because Rogue is such a cool character, and she doesnt get to do anything, all we saw is what she "did" in the danger room, and that was actually Colosus...but maybe for X4 if there is any, they might give her a better role in the storiline

I must admit, I do wish they gave her something better to do. Though I suppose we were lucky to get her participating in the Danger Room at all. She was only there for the 'Bobby & Kitty' thing.

I'm so used to Anna Paquin as Rogue though. I hope they keep her.

Oh me too. Anna is perfect for the Rogue in the movies. Though, if they had brought her to screen has the southern ball-bustin belle then she wouldn't suit that role I think.

I would be ok with the Rogue as she is in the movies if she was like in X Men Evolution, more active, goth like girl that takes care of herself. I am coll with Anna, I just wish they gave her a chance to shine, making Rogues character a bit stronger, if not in powers at leas in character and more attitude in the good sense of the word.

Yeah if she was like the evolution character, she would be fine. Cept I'd rather she wouldn't. I'd prefer a Rogue with a bit of a brighter outlook to be honest :p

I have to admit that, I dont think Anna would look good looking like a vampire, but ya'll know what I mean LOL

Well i totally agree....but i loved Rogue in the movies....she was good only to bad that she went taking the cure and she could not fly

Here's my brief explaination of what would've made movieRogue way better form the start. I know this would've looked interesting to general audiences and this would've made her way more faithful to the 616 Rogue. She should've gone from being a runaway, to a brotherhood member and than to an x-women (a gradual transformation and subplot told in 3 parts). In X1 she would've run away from home after putting that boy in a coma than get recruited by Mystique in disguise and reveal she is a mutant too. X2 would've continued to focus on her as one of the brotherhood along with a hint or two that she'd switch sides someday. Near the beginning of X3 the brotherhood would've gone on some mission to rob a museum and Ms. Marvel would've showed up to stop them and this is where Mystique sends her to absorb Ms. Marvel and not let go. The rest of X3 would've showed Rogue going all crazy due to having another body trapped in hers so when she sees nobody in the brotherhood could help her, she decides to turn to Xavier and betray the brotherhood. While that newcomer role in X1 should've been Kitty Pryde's.

This idea didn't strike my mind until after I saw Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith last year. It may be too late for this but that doesn't mean it can't be done in a restart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"