The Last of Us The Last Of Us 2

I don’t have time to replay it but it’s a much more sensible way of doing it. People who have never played it can pay full price for an improved version. People who’ve already paid to play and own it can be rewarded with a nominal price to upgrade. I hope this is the system going forward. Full price for remasters isn’t fair if people have already paid full price for the original game.
I only just replayed Part II over the summer so I won't be doing another one any time soon but I'll definitely try out the deleted levels.

I'm curious what they are going to do when PlayStation 6 comes out aside from releasing or remastering the third game?

-The Last of Us (PS3)
-The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
-The Last of Us Part I (PS5)

-The Last of Us Part II (PS4)
-The Last of Us Part II Remastered (PS5)

I gave Sony and Naughty Dog a $10 spot and downloaded the remastered TLOU 2. As far as the main game, I replayed the first 10 minutes or so and while it looks better than ever, the PS4 version still didn't need much improvement. If anything, the shorter load times and full utilization of the PS5 controller are more worthwhile upgrades. What makes it worth the $10 for me is No Return. The new game mode is a lot of fun. The three deleted levels aren't anything too substantial but it's cool to be able to play through unfinished levels like that.

I'm curious what they are going to do when PlayStation 6 comes out aside from releasing or remastering the third game?

-The Last of Us (PS3)
-The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
-The Last of Us Part I (PS5)

-The Last of Us Part II (PS4)
-The Last of Us Part II Remastered (PS5)
I guess TLOU3 will be released at some point before this gen is done. Before the show came out and saw big success, I might have said that could be it for the series. Not sure what Naughty Dog prefers to do going forward (outside of never going back to live service!), but there might be some internal pressure to do more TLOU content in future if the show keeps getting bigger.

On remasters, surely they aren't going to remaster/remake all of these games for every generation? Seems a bit overkill.

I gave Sony and Naughty Dog a $10 spot and downloaded the remastered TLOU 2. As far as the main game, I replayed the first 10 minutes or so and while it looks better than ever, the PS4 version still didn't need much improvement. If anything, the shorter load times and full utilization of the PS5 controller are more worthwhile upgrades. What makes it worth the $10 for me is No Return. The new game mode is a lot of fun. The three deleted levels aren't anything too substantial but it's cool to be able to play through unfinished levels like that.
I see No Return is a "roguelike survival" game mode. Is it like a horde mode?

I see No Return is a "roguelike survival" game mode. Is it like a horde mode?
I haven't played enough of it to experience a ton of enemies yet but I don't think you get wave after wave of endless enemies like other horde modes.

I guess TLOU3 will be released at some point before this gen is done. Before the show came out and saw big success, I might have said that could be it for the series. Not sure what Naughty Dog prefers to do going forward (outside of never going back to live service!), but there might be some internal pressure to do more TLOU content in future if the show keeps getting bigger.

On remasters, surely they aren't going to remaster/remake all of these games for every generation? Seems a bit overkill.
My only hope apart from TLOU3 the game coming out sooner rather than later is that the show waits for the third game to come out before moving forward past TLOU 2's storyline (i.e. not pull a Game of Thrones). That said, things are different now with a few years going by between tv seasons these days as well as TLOU 2 being adapted over at least two seasons.

I haven't played enough of it to experience a ton of enemies yet but I don't think you get wave after wave of endless enemies like other horde modes.

My only hope apart from TLOU3 the game coming out sooner rather than later is that the show waits for the third game to come out before moving forward past TLOU 2's storyline (i.e. not pull a Game of Thrones). That said, things are different now with a few years going by between tv seasons these days as well as TLOU 2 being adapted over at least two seasons.
Ok cool, that might not suit the game so probably best.

I guess it depends if they are only going to use storylines from the game for the show or plan to go beyond that. I guess we don't know how successful/long-running the show will be or when TLOU 3 will come out, but if it's not too faraway and the show keeps going it might even outlast it (again if ND don't want to continue after TLOU3).

It seems Abby isn't going to be that muscular in the show, which I can take or leave. Also interesting they picked the most commonly fan-cast actor for Ellie to play her.

This is a unique opportunity to fix the story of part II. The question is does Neil think there's anything to fix or has he dug his heels in. Part II is his baby in a way that Part I quite wasn't.

It seems Abby isn't going to be that muscular in the show, which I can take or leave. Also interesting they picked the most commonly fan-cast actor for Ellie to play her.

This is a unique opportunity to fix the story of part II. The question is does Neil think there's anything to fix or has he dug his heels in. Part II is his baby in a way that Part I quite wasn't.
There is nothing to fix.

There is nothing to fix.
I mean the pacing was pretty bad, the attempts at retro-actively humanizing Abby and her crew felt kinda ham-fisted, and Joel carelessly giving away his name was plain dumb. Jesse was a bland nothing character too, basically there just to be the baby daddy and die.

At least Abby's dad won't transform from a black guy to a white guy. Like jeez, did they even check? I don't know about you but I need muh' basic continuity.

I mean the pacing was pretty bad, the attempts at retro-actively humanizing Abby and her crew felt kinda ham-fisted, and Joel carelessly giving away his name was plain dumb. Jesse was a bland nothing character too, basically there just to be the baby daddy and die.

At least Abby's dad won't transform from a black guy to a white guy. Like jeez, did they even check? I don't know about you but I need muh' basic continuity.
Disagree on all points :)

I disagree on everything else but I will give you Joel and Tommy giving their real names. Neil Druckmann gave his reason why they did that in the commentary for that scene in TLOU 2 Remastered in that there's a sense of trust they now have with Abby's group because if it weren't for them they'd be dead. That much I can understand but they still should have used fake names as aliases, especially since they would both be aware that the Fireflies could come looking for Joel. Still could have had the same outcome with Abby figuring out that Joel was the one who stormed the hospital and murdered her father.

ha is that true? I never noticed.
Yeah, I was like hyper-focused when I first played the final level and as I went for the close kill, the surgeon's sickly sunken eyes and dark complexion burned into my visual memory. My first thought when Abby's dad was revealed as the surgeon was "hold up, that's not the guy". I checked online, some modder had removed his mask and he was indeed a black man. He looked malnourished, especially compared to part II Jerry's round face.

It didn't ruin the story for me or anything, but I think it's funny cause I'm 99% sure they did it by accident.

Yeah, I was like hyper-focused when I first played the final level and as I went for the close kill, the surgeon's sickly sunken eyes and dark complexion burned into my visual memory. My first thought when Abby's dad was revealed as the surgeon was "hold up, that's not the guy". I checked online, some modder had removed his mask and he was indeed a black man. He looked malnourished, especially compared to part II Jerry's round face.

It didn't ruin the story for me or anything, but I think it's funny cause I'm 99% sure they did it by accident.
I never knew that. Was that only in the original PS3 version but changed for the PS4 remaster?

I never knew that. Was that only in the original PS3 version but changed for the PS4 remaster?
They didn't change it for part I until the PS5 remake. I just watched the PS4 remastered scene and it's the same model as PS3. The bleak lighting and surgical mask definitely make it a lot less apparent, I can see how some might've missed it even up close.

Its overkill but you never know with Sony. I think a remastered trilogy set for PS6, is probably possible, similar to Uncharted 1 to 3.

I'd laugh if Part II gets a remake, but who knows at some point (the 2030s) graphiX would look so much better than they were/are in 2020/2024.

For anyone interested in first-time playthroughs, Jettro Jettro just finished his for Part II and it's a must see.

Its overkill but you never know with Sony. I think a remastered trilogy set for PS6, is probably possible, similar to Uncharted 1 to 3.

I'd laugh if Part II gets a remake, but who knows at some point (the 2030s) graphiX would look so much better than they were/are in 2020/2024.
It's almost becoming a joke, but to be fair I'd take endless remasters and remakes of old God of War games, along with new games. For TLOU I'll be done with the latest batch and will have moved on after that - aside from TLOU3 if they remaster that one time (assuming it's the same quality as the prior games). For most games 1 time remaster/remake after a certain amount of time has passed is fine for me. I'll take more for RE, multiple for FF and endless for GoW/Mass Effect/Uncharted/Gears or FF 7-10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"