The Last of Us The Last Of Us Remake

Reaction score
The Last of Us Remake: Everything we know so far

According to bloomberg
-development started in early 2019 by Visual Arts Service Group
-was supposed to come out with The Last of Us Part 2
-Naughty Dog is now in charge while Visual Arts Service Group is now just assisting
-may concide with the premiere of the TV series?

I'm guessing the gamemodels from the second game are being used here especially with Marlene, younger Joel/Tommy/Ellie.

I was initially going to pass on this as I just played the remasterd version in 2019. However I enjoyed Part 2. I still think this is a bit redundant but it is 1 game and Naughty Dog doesn't release new games that often. And it is interesting to see how it differs from the first game. I thought the first game was much harder than the 2nd game. Hopefully no more grainy look similar to the second game.

Will be nice to have the experience again in an improved version but I’d prefer Naughty Dog focus on new cutting edge games. They are one of the very best studios so having to wait longer for the best experiences from them is a downside of these kinds of projects (which admittedly make lots of money for less work).

My current feeling is still 'I don't need this'.

Really enjoy the original. Will certainly watch how this is released and received, to see what has changed and how it has impacted the experience. Fresh paint can't hurt I suppose, and it's an excuse to play it again.

I wonder if that long rumoured multiplayer mode will end up being bundled with this.

Good to see Naughty Dog took over development if it was in trouble. I will play it again. I have beaten the first like 6 times, why not one more go, with much better graphics? Little Ellie in TLoU2 is my soul.

Good to see Naughty Dog took over development if it was in trouble. I will play it again. I have beaten the first like 6 times, why not one more go, with much better graphics? Little Ellie in TLoU2 is my soul.
By comparison I've only beaten the first game twice but it really isn't a chore to get through at all. Google says that it takes about 15 and a half hours to complete the main story by itself but it didn't feel that long to me at all. Whereas TLOU2 took me 24 hours to complete and it certainly felt like it, not because I didn't enjoy it but because of how dark it was.

Will be nice to have the experience again in an improved version but I’d prefer Naughty Dog focus on new cutting edge games. They are one of the very best studios so having to wait longer for the best experiences from them is a downside of these kinds of projects (which admittedly make lots of money for less work).
I'm not so sure it will make as much money as they hope. Probably a lot less, since it is an old game that already had a remaster. Then you gotta factor in that many people were left with a bad taste from LoU part 2. I thought that part 2 was pretty good and I adored the first game, but regardless I'm not at all interested in a remake. All resources should go into an actual new game, be it part 3 or a new IP, which I would totally be down for

I'm not so sure it will make as much money as they hope. Probably a lot less, since it is an old game that already had a remaster. Then you gotta factor in that many people were left with a bad taste from LoU part 2. I thought that part 2 was pretty good and I adored the first game, but regardless I'm not at all interested in a remake. All resources should go into an actual new game, be it part 3 or a new IP, which I would totally be down for
I think a bunch of those who have the remaster will hold out for a lower price at least. It can’t be too common a recent game getting a remaster and remake in a short space of time.

They're probably hoping the new generation will refresh its sales potential. It's why so many bought the remaster. I doubt it'll have the same turn-over this time around, but lets face it the game will sell plenty of copies, and is probably the safest option after part 2 was divisive.

The TV series Xpecially if it turned out to be good, should boost the sales of this remake.

Interested to see how it looks hopefully we get a trailer soon

From Playstation channel:

Release Date: 9/22/22

Side by side comparison:

Last edited:
Wish they'd rebuild Uncharted 2 like this.

i don't know. I thought it would look so much better. But I only noticed the differences in the direct comparison video. The same game with a fresh paint.

I just played Part 1 in 2019 so this is not a must have for me.

If its a reasonable price, $50 or less, I'll buy it. If its $70 I'm just going to laugh at their arrogance, and wait for a sale.

it is mostly like a full priced game as it was built from the ground up.

Not interested in this remake and the multiplayer. I just need Part III.

My love for the original means I will certainly play this at some point, but as nice as it looks I'm still not all that excited.

Yikes that’s pretty steep I wish they give those who have the ps4 remaster the option to upgrade for $10 like they have for uncharted

Not only launching at 70, there's two deluxe editions going for 80 and 100 as well. That is greedy af.

I'm guessing the multiplayer isn't part of it either. So you're paying more for less game than the first time around and the second time around on the third release of the game. Modern gaming, baby.

Don't know why people are rubishing on the graphics for this one so much. I for one am pretty chuffed to be able to play the original game through again with graphics on par with TLOU2.

I know they already released a Remastered for PS4, but I still think each generational upgrade has been of high quality compared to the rushed out twaddle that we usually get. I mean how many times as Skyrim been released now and that still basically looks like the same game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"