The Last of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfwood

Shasta McNasty
Reaction score
(12/10/11) VGA Trailer:

Synopsis from Playstation Blog:
The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/10/naughty-dog-reveals-the-last-of-us-at-2011-vgas/

(12/4/11)
So there's going to be an announcement of a new IP for Sony at the VGAs, but on their site they have the date 12/7/11 marked, so we may get info then.

Here's all that's available right now:

[YT]csubsCk86sw[/YT]

Is it just me or does the narrator sound like the one from Bastion?

Last edited:
Ha, that's what felt familiar!

Anyways, rumor has it this is the Move horror game that was teased long ago. I hope it is personally.

Move horror game? Ehhhh, I'll be open-minded, but I'm not a huge fan of the Move.

To be honest, when I first heard the narrator I thought it sort of sounded like Shane from The Walking Dead. Maybe the zombie motif was affecting my perception of the guy's voice. But now that you mention it, he does sort of sound like Rucks.

I really hope this is some sort of really unique survival horror type game, but i have a funny feeling its just going to end up being a bland FPS.

This game better be worth all they hype it has surrounding it

The only hype is that we don't know what it is. You could pull that off for a new brand of cereal.

Pretty interesting find. I mean, sure it could just be a crazy ass coincidence, but what if it was Naughty Dog's nod towards a new IP?

I'd be pretty awesome to take Drake's gameplay mechanics and apply them to a survival horror game.

I doubt ND is working on this. They don't have enough people for that and they just finished U3...unless they took the same road with this game, showing a teaser of what is to come but nothing is done yet.

That's cool if it really is a reference, but it seems like kind of a stretch to me. This new game didn't invent deadly fungi.

It didn't, but if it's not in reference to this I wonder why they went out of their way to put in a newspaper that talks about deadly fungi. Like I said earlier though, could just be one of those weird coincidences.

Ah, so it appears that Naughty Dog was behind this afterall. It looks just as good as Uncharted, graphics wise.

Here's the short synopsis:

Abandoned cities reclaimed by nature. A population decimated by a modern plague. Survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on.
Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together if they hope to survive their journey across the US.

Joel

Joel is a ruthless survivor with few moral lines left to cross.

Ellie

Ellie is a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years.

6484070331_4f2851fdaf_b.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2011-the-last-of/724686

I doubt ND is working on this. They don't have enough people for that and they just finished U3...unless they took the same road with this game, showing a teaser of what is to come but nothing is done yet.
Willing to take that back now? :oldrazz:

Here's the short synopsis:

Abandoned cities reclaimed by nature. A population decimated by a modern plague. Survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on.
Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together if they hope to survive their journey across the US.

Joel

Joel is a ruthless survivor with few moral lines left to cross.

Ellie

Ellie is a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years.
That girl is clearly based on Ellen Page.

Possibly, but remember that everyone thought Marlowe was modeled after Helen Mirren. It was actually an actress named Rosalind Ayres.

I see some people upset about "another zombie game" (even though we have very few details about it), but this is ND. They will rock this for sure.

Possibly, but remember that everyone thought Marlowe was modeled after Helen Mirren. It was actually an actress named Rosalind Ayres.
I still say it was Mirren's face with another voice actress. :o
I see some people upset about "another zombie game" (even though we have very few details about it), but this is ND. They will rock this for sure.
I personally am not a fan of zombie or apocalyptic games. But I definitely got flashbacks of the supernatural stuff from the first two Uncharted games. But the UC-like graphics and the fact that ND is behind it makes me curious to see where this goes.

I'm not upset by the zombie theme, just uninterested.

Another synopsis:

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/10/naughty-dog-reveals-the-last-of-us-at-2011-vgas/

Ellie is voiced by Ashley Johnson.

https://twitter.com/#!/TheVulcanSalute
Yeah,I still say the character is modeled after Ellen Page even though its not voiced by her, just like Marlowe looks a lot like Mirren even though it wasn't voiced by her.

I wonder if ND will do what they did with UC, where its not necessarily a new style of gameplay ,but more of a compilation of game styles that are effectively put together to create a great experience.

I also find it interesting how they took the basics of the original Tomb Raider and made it awesome with Uncharted, and now that the reboot is trying to focus more on survival and action, ND is doing something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"