The Looney Tunes Show

LostSon88

Superhero
Reaction score
Anyone else catch this? Pretty interesting show.

Its basically "The Odd Couple" with Bugs and Daffy. All the other Looney Tunes characters are their friends/neighbors.

Although for me, what I enjoy the most is their reworking of the Lola Bunny character...who I found to be extremely bland in the "Space Jam" movie.

In this show? Well...they made her completely--LOONEY.

[YT]1BcmszvitGc[/YT]

The clips don't do her justice. In the show, she's hilarious. :woot:

I haven't seen a show so content with being mediocre since Two and a Half Men.

The jokes are incredibly predictable and the writers are determined to make me hate Daffy. The only episode that I thought was genuinely well done was Casa de Calma. And apparently that was a leftover from before The Looney Tunes show was reworked into it's bland sitcom format.

I did enjoy Lola's stalker song though.

Ironcally, Daffy and Lola make the show for me.

They've made Daffy such a jerk that I can't help but laugh at how horrible he is...and Lola's just so freakin' nuts its hysterical.

Granted yes, the storytelling is pretty generic but I still find myself cracking up at the little nuggets of dialogue.

"I was wondering if you wearn't doing anything tomorrow night, which you probably are since you're not ugly..."--Daffy

:lmao:

I feel the same as nogap87. For a show starring the LOONEY tunes, it's quite dull. The whole sitcom thing doesn't do it for me, they need to use the other looney tunes characters more often instead of just Bugs and Daffy.

Granted i've only seen a handful of episodes since it came out but from i've seen they've had a few involving quite a few other Looney Tunes.

Bugs had a story with Yosemite Sam a few episodes back and Daffy had one with Foghorn where he played him in an autobiographical movie. Then you had the episode with Daffy and Granny where we learn that she fought in WWII. Even the latest one had Daffy, Porky, Martian and that tiger guy competing in a bowling tournament.

It's pretty good. I like the change of the format to more long form rather than shorts because we get to see Bugs and Daffy hang out, usually they just pop out of a rabit hole together in some weird locale at the begining of a short. I also like how they are working all the other people in and they feel like characters you would encounter in that world.

The art needs a little work, they all look a bit too short. I like the harder, straighter black lines they are using, some of that HB influence crossing over, but they should make them taller. HB characters like The Flintstones, Dexter, etc tend to come across shorter, but I always loved the really thick, black lines.

I've always preferred screwball Daffy over selfish/stupid Daffy. I can easily see this show fading away on Boomerang ala Duck Dodgers in a few years. Lola's ditzy stalker shtick is nowhere near as endearing as Babs Bunny.

Watched a bunch of episodes. It's actually pretty damn hilarious, and far more sophisticated than I was expecting, given Cartoon Network's downward spiral over the past few years.

I've been watching Looney Toons and I find the show quite funny.

This show's hilarious, really liking the new spin on the characters and the world so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"