Okay seriously...what the hell happened to you 'Cartoon Network' ?

Oh ok, happy to know I'm not crazy, I still love the movie, but not on Cartoon Network.

what's next on CN,the adam west BATMAN series as robin might say, holy wrong network

"Holy rusted metal, Batman!"

:batman::...

":huh:The metal... it's holey and rusted."

:lmao:Sorry, got a movie flashback.

It's funny because Holey's not a word.

I think show's like sPider-Man and Batman make more sense then, say, that time they aired Jurassic Park 3. That was weird.

I know Toon Disney airs both B:TAS and S:TAS with regularity....CN seems to be more about airing their own stuff or just throwing on anything in the WB library....I really only watch 'Adult Swim' there now....

I miss the days when Scooby Doo was actually spooky & sometimes even scary. Hell, the vampire episode scared the **** outa me & gave me nightmares for weeks. These 'new' adventures (or whatever) they've been pumping out in the past few years, are just sugar-coated fluff.

Most cartoons these days seem overly child friendly. Back in the day, Voltron, Battle for the Planet, & Star Blazers were considered to be kids shows, whereas today they'd probally be considered to violent for kids.

I'm glad I grew up in the 80s, though the Bruce Timm Batman/Superman animated series' were the saving grace of the 90s (along with Dexter & the Powerpuff Girls).

I miss the days when Scooby Doo was actually spooky & sometimes even scary. Hell, the vampire episode scared the **** outa me & gave me nightmares for weeks. These 'new' adventures (or whatever) they've been pumping out in the past few years, are just sugar-coated fluff.

Most cartoons these days seem overly child friendly. Back in the day, Voltron, Battle for the Planet, & Star Blazers were considered to be kids shows, whereas today they'd probally be considered to violent for kids.

I'm glad I grew up in the 80s, though the Bruce Timm Batman/Superman animated series' were the saving grace of the 90s (along with Dexter & the Powerpuff Girls).

as one who grew up in the era of space ghost and birdman i see what you mean

When was Scooby Doo ever scary? You knew the "monster" was always going to be [BLACKOUT]a local disguised to scare people away.[/BLACKOUT]

When was Scooby Doo ever scary? You knew the "monster" was always going to be [blackout]a local disguised to scare people away.[/blackout]
I love how after 30 years of the same plot you still put up something for spoilers. Now that's dedication my friend :up:

Well I wouldn't want to ruin it for any "Newbie Doos" out there.

Last edited:
i wonderwho got sicker of those super-villian wannabe's ,fred and the ladies or shag and scoob?

When was Scooby Doo ever scary? You knew the "monster" was always going to be [BLACKOUT]a local disguised to scare people away.[/BLACKOUT]

Even though it always turned out to be Old Man [insert name here], it was still kinda creepy & dark (for a cartoon), whereas today the new version is all brightly colored. The KISS-inspired record studio 'ghost' also comes to mind. Even though I havent seen it since I was a kid, it definately made an impression.

I'm pretty sick of the Total Drama Island(even though I liked it) reruns and the new show 6teen just isn't funny at all (it isn't even new or or even inspired by TDI because it was on CN's website as a short toon for while before TDI).

...Personally Flapjack and Chowder are the only shows I like..

3D animated movies I could live with but they need to stop airing live action movies IMO.

I don't know what people see in Flapjack or Chowder. I've tried several times to watch them, and the appeal escapes me. Chowder's boring, and Flapjack's most notable characteristic is that it can occasionally be grotesque.

I don't know what people see in Flapjack or Chowder. I've tried several times to watch them, and the appeal escapes me. Chowder's boring, and Flapjack's most notable characteristic is that it can occasionally be grotesque.

Ren and Stimpy was grotesque majority of the time and we all loved that show....

Correction: The rest of you loved that show. I liked it, but never loved it. I've never made a connection with most Spumco animation.

I didnt realize until last night that I dont even have a show to watch on CN anymore an that all I watch is Adult Swim. Man how the times have changed

Even Adult Swim isn't as great as it was once. Venture Brothers and Metalocalypse are about the only things worth watching now. Minoriteam showed a lot of unfulfilled promise.
What do they got now? Assy Mcgee, The Tim and Eric Show, Fat Guy on the Internet. Just a bunch of crap.
They need some Spawn TAS type shows. Not all this bad animation and rehashed gross out comedy. Something violent and action packed outside of Anime that will appeal to Americans.

Anime does appeal to Americans. That's why there's so damn much of it on our airwaves.

I agree, though. Venture Bros. is the only thing I still watch on Cartoon Network as a whole, let alone Adult Swim.

I truly didnt realize that that all I watch is Venture Brothers and w/e I can find Mission Hill. Its sad for a network that I use to watch almost 21 hours a day

I used to watch Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends before that, but I don't know where it went. I thought it got canceled, but there was a special on around Christmas just now...

If they had more anime, I still don't think things would get better. I watched the anime on Toonami not because it was foreign but because it was good. Same goes for the classics. I was devoted to Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack because they were awesome. I don't care where the animation comes from- heck, I've some really good European cartoons that deserve to be mainstream- I just want a return to quality programming. All these commercialized duds do is remind me why I hardly ever watch Cartoon Network save for the Adult Swim block.

It's not like the creative spark is gone, either...if they can make a cartoon like Superjail, they can scratch together some ideas for a good kid-oriented series for this new generation of viewers.

Scooby Doo on Zombie Island was pretty scary. :o "This time the monsters are real!"
I'm pretty sick of the Total Drama Island(even though I liked it) reruns
Can't say I blame CN for constantly airing TDI, that show has gotten some high ratings even beating out new episodes of South Park and the premiere of A Colbert Christmas.
...Personally Flapjack and Chowder are the only shows I like..
:up:

You think cartoon network's bad? What about MTV? The M's sposed to stand for Music not Mediocre...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"