The Lovely Bones

Wow, this makes me more interested. Love Jackson.

i really like the lead actress she was great in atonement just caught city of ember today and she was quite good there as well

Damn, Stanley Tucci looks creepy as ****...

I didn't recognize Stanley Tucci until the closeup. Didn't sound like him either.

The trailer gave me chills....it looks like the makings of a really moving and haunting and imaginative movie....I had doubts about how the "Heaven" visuals would be translated, but Jackson is an amazing visual director...looks really well-done.

Stanley Tucci is definetly playing one hell of a good creeper. If he were my neighbor I would probably move

Fatastic trailer...I can't wait for this to come out!

Interesting trailer... but I have to ask it. I never read the novel this was based on, but it seems obvious to me
the boyfriend is the murderer
going by the trailer. I mean they practically give it away. Hope I am wrong though.

So do they leave it completely open to speculation until the very end of the book? Seemed like the family members were trying to solve the crime.

We know it because Saoirse Ronan's character knows it. I havent actually read it, but this is what everybody says.

Interesting trailer... but I have to ask it. I never read the novel this was based on, but it seems obvious to me
going by the trailer. I mean they practically give it away. Hope I am wrong though.
You're very wrong I'm afraid.

FaT_tONle, they show in the trailer who the killer is:huh: (played by Stanley Tucci)

Putting this in spoilers, just in case. Stanley Tucci's character rapes and kills her, and from the afterlife, she tries to help her family realize who the killer is. I think that's how it works, anyway. It's been a few years since I read the book. PJ looks like he's going to do a great job translating it to film.

I finally saw the trailer and it looks really good. Probably going to be one of the year's best. As for "figuring it out," the trailer pretty clearly states who the killer is because she knows who killed her. It's not a secret.

Yep, you're wrong. The murder happens at the beginning of the book and you know who it is then.

and it's not the boyfriend, it was the creepy neighbor

It's not a mystery story at all, and there's nothing to give away. It's about Susie's time in the 'in-between' after she's murdered and how she watches over her family and her killer in the years that pass.

1z1fia9.jpg

2j2yn2u.jpg

9igsat.jpg

152kgva.jpg

maxzcx.jpg

dyu71k.jpg

FaT_tONle, they show in the trailer who the killer is:huh: (played by Stanley Tucci)

Usually in the cliche murder movie trailers the guy who looks like the pedophile/psychopath is actually just some innocent introverted geek who just happens to be a little eccentric, so that when they reveal it's the good looking boyfriend who was supposedly in love with her, everyone is shocked. If you take out the monologue and just showed the serial killer aspects from that footage, I would have guessed the boyfriend. Guessing the novel didn't even bother with the distraction of "who did it".

Last edited:

you know who the murderer is from the beginning of the book...and you are wrong.

Usually in the cliche murder movie trailers the guy who looks like the pedophile/psychopath is actually just some innocent introverted geek who just happens to be a little eccentric, so that when they reveal it's the good looking boyfriend who was supposedly in love with her, everyone is shocked. If you take out the monologue and just showed the serial killer aspects from that footage, I would have guessed the boyfriend. Guessing the novel didn't even bother with the distraction of "who did it".

The novel didn't have to. It was entirely told from Susie's point of view, and she was killed by Mr. Harvey (Tucci's character) in the first chapter.

"Who did it" is actually a big part of the book, but not in the way you're thinking of it. While Susie knows who killed her and where her body was dumped, no one else does. They suspect Mr. Harvey and get into all kinds of trouble trying to prove it was him. Susie spends the years watching her family and friends struggle with trying to find closure with it. And she's looking for her own closure with it so she can go on to heaven and be at peace herself.

In the book, the boyfriend is an early suspect, but he had a solid alibi and he was quickly dismissed. But we already know it's not him because we already saw Susie's murder. The boyfriend becomes friends with a girl who Susie's ghost 'passed through' when she left this world (that is in the trailer), and in the years that pass that leads to an important moment between them.

In the trailer, Susie narrates about her own murder, so it's obvious that we're going to know everything that really happened from her point of view in the film.

Paramount has pulled a date switcheroo with The Lovely Bones -- it will now open nationwide January 15, 2010.

SOURCE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"