Chapter Eleven Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'The Mandalorian' started by DarthSkywalker, Nov 12, 2020.

1. herolee10 No More Miracles

Agreed.

Now, all that's left is for Hayden to reprise his role (via Flashback) and have him mention Ahsoka as well.

2. Loden Greatstorm Boba Fett

3. NHawk19 insert witty comment

Well this episode just goes to show how everything eats everything else is Star Wars. . . . .

Glad we got the pay-off seeing the Frog family and Baby Yoda seeing the eggs grow into beings. Bo-Katan and the introduction of the Child of the Watch as a concept were awesome. Hope we build on that. Bo's certainly aged well given that she was a part of the Clone Wars during the time of the prequels that literally ruined Din's childhood. Ahsoka being in the live action-verse now begs the question where was she in the sequel trilogy? Did Kylo take her faction out ahead of that movie?

Starting to wonder what's next for Din. Also wondering how if the Empire fell there are still Empire backed vessels. . . . .

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  4. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

The Empire fell, but there are still remnants of Imperial forces out there splintered into their own little factions like the one Moff Gideon controls, especially out in the boondocks where Mando spends most of his time where the New Republic doesn't have as much of a presence.

The First Order rose from one of those Imperial remnants.

5. NHawk19 insert witty comment

So Moff Gideon is just basically a war lord, or space mafia at this point utilizing abandoned Empire assets? Then at some point the First Order will rise as these factions come back together.

6. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Well, he was an Imperial officer in the Empire, so when the second Death Star got blown up and the Emperor was killed, he just took his forces and tried to maintain control of his own little corner of power. And the officers and Stormtroopers under him probably were already serving in the Empire too, given it's only been a few years since the Battle of Endor. So they're not so much abandoned Imperial assets that Gideon came along and took over, he and his men are just hardcore Imperials trying to hold a little splintered piece of the Empire together. But at this point, yes he's basically an independent warlord.

Presumably.

7. Bobber Registered

Am I the only one who's been really disappointed by season 2 so far?

8. KaijuDude1992 Registered

In comparison to Season 1 I could see why you would say this, but honestly I am still really enjoying this season. I haven't loved an episode as much as Chapter 2: The Child or Chapter 3: The Sin from Season 1, but they have been pretty solid so far and I'm expecting the second half of Season 2 to get much better.

9. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Tbh I haven’t been majorly disappointed in any episode yet. Some have been better than others and some have been obvious filler, but there hasn’t been one that I flat out disliked.

10. DarkKnight88 Registered

THIS.

I'm not particularly a TV guy to begin with, and this might be the first series over 30 mins long I haven't occasionally glanced at my watch. Definitely the most exciting show on TV at the moment.

CaptainWagner, Teelie, Iceman and 3 others like this.
  11. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

At this point, I think most of the Empire that survived Jakku have gone into the Unknown Regions. As for any connections to the First Order, it is unknown. While the Imps that became the First Order largely disappeared into the Unknown Regions, they were still operating in the rest of the galaxy. He could be an independent warlord, or he could have connections to the First Order. I guess we have to see what his fleet is composed of. I suspect Herzog was a warlord, and Gideon appears to have more and better resources.

12. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I wasn't crazy about episode 2, but I did still enjoy it and the premiere episode and this latest one were flat out great IMO. Just like last season I enjoyed pretty much every episode even if it did dip a bit for me with episodes 4 and 5. This season is off to a strong start, but I do feel its only going to get better as we get into the later episodes which is what I'm most excited for. Outside of The Boys Season 2 this is easily some of the most fun I have ever had watching a tv show though and really that's all I can ask for or expect, especially after how crappy this year has been.

13. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I’m watching Episode 3 for a 3rd time already. :D

14. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

This was a fun thrilling episode. Seeing the cameos is awesome even though I never saw the Clone Wars show, I just know of the events and some people. That being said Bo-Katan is one sexy Mando, I like her. Getting some insight into Din's sect of the religion is cool as well. I wonder if that might play some role later.

I will also say that this episode definitely would of had my younger self playing Mandalorian on the school playground. They're just awesome visual characters. They're the true badasses of Star Wars.

#164 BrollySupersj, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  15. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

16. Broseph44 Witness Me

Exactlyyyyyyy. People making a big deal over absolutely nothing.

DarkKnight88 likes this.
  17. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

People need to let the Baby Yoda eating frog egg things go. It paid off in the last episode where he saw that these eggs were not food but gave life.

You could even say the whole events around the eggs is Baby Yoda learning about the creation of life, as kids do.

18. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

People are seriously debating the morality of a baby who sticks things in his mouth?

19. Loden Greatstorm Boba Fett

20. Verbal21 Registered

Chapter 9 - Mando suddenly knows how to speak Tusken
    Chapter 10 - Baby Yoda eats eggs
    Chapter 11 - Bo Katan & Sasha Bank have armor with boob shapes

So far, so good this season, I'd say.

21. Teelie Jokerface (P)

It is not so much he ate the eggs. He is a toddler even if he is 50 years old. However, the writers wrote the story, they created the scenario where he keeps on eating the eggs well past a lot of people thought it was funny (those who initially did anyways) and it totally contrasted the plight of Frog Lady and her species.

That is the issue, the writers thinking this was a funny gag to keep repeating went well beyond baby Yoda eating an egg or two. Once was okay. We knew it was going to happen, even though it was bad thing for the Frog Lady. But then it kept going. And going. It got old fast and it turned into borderline genocide. They weren't fertilized and this is not some pro/anti life bull**** argument, but that was the set up the writers went with: this is the last of her line of a species that was nearing extinction and "hey, let's have the Child decimate her future spawn for laughs."

But it quickly turned into watching someone kick a guy in the crotch over and over again. It quickly loses it's humor when you see the guy writhing on the ground in agony after being repeatedly kicked. Jackass this is not but the joke kept going well past the punchline.

KRYPTON INC. and metaphysician like this.
  22. Broseph44 Witness Me

I still think it’s a big deal being made over nothing for no reason honestly, don’t agree at all. But it’s whatever :up:

DarkKnight88 and AVEITWITHJAMON like this.
  23. Broseph44 Witness Me

I’m ready to see Ahsoka :mrk:

24. DarkKnight88 Registered

It didn’t lose its humor to me and others as well. I think this is going to come down to taste in what people find funny. I like it for the same fact I love this. Funny, then overstays to not funny, then funny again. It worked for me.

[​IMG]

25. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

Honestly, it seems like the response to the criticism has been greater than what the actual criticism has been.

I have no idea about the Tusken stuff, since it was established in season 1 he could communicate with them. I saw a little bit about about not being happy by humanizing the Tuskens. And again, the egg stuff was mild criticism from people who have suffered trauma. I get it. Neck snaps are extremely, extremely difficult for me. And the armor stuff, I have seen one video exist. But, given who made the video, it gets a lot of response from the online trolls.