The Mandalorian Live Action Star Wars Television Series: The Mandalorian!

Haha, yeah. Can't wait to see more of him.

the-mandalorian.jpg

Fan art -

DoznqgSUUAEv2ys.jpg:large

hqdefault.jpg

Also great that he picked up you can tell by the butt of the rifle slung on his back, is like the one used by the original animated Fett

Can't wait for The Mandalorian With No Name.

Awesome new image from Favreau, confirms the look of the rifle.

DpWtV5GWkAEefIk.jpg:large

So does he get a dinosaur or some sort of motorcycle-type vehicle?lol

Any idea when this takes place? Is it "current" Star Wars?

Look at the first post.

Jetpack....
It’s called a Dewback .
That was no Dewback.
He (with others here) is referencing Fett's first appearance from the Holiday Special animated segment where Fett not only carried the similar rifle everyone is discussing, but also rode a "dino",
(As far as Fett's outlaw-chopper, there is no accounting for that?! LOL!.)

Brings me all kinds of joy knowing a whole new young gen of fans, unfamiliar with it despite Lucas' attempts, will soon be looking up the Holiday Special all over again.

Well played Favreau. ;)

Last edited:
That was no Dewback.
He (with others here) is referencing Fett's first appearance from the Holiday Special animated segment where Fett not only carried the similar rifle everyone is discussing, but also rode a "dino",
(As far as Fett's outlaw-chopper, there is no accounting for that?! LOL!.)

I see.
I am fortunate enough to not have seen the Holiday special :)

Let's get all the discussion in one place. There is a forum.

The Mandalorian
That's great! hadn't even noticed it, I'll definitely begin posting there.
Thanks to whoever suggested and created it!
I'td have been nice if whoever started it had asked the mods to move/merge all the relevant threads there too. Cause there is a few in the Star Wars specific forums too.
No one should see their input/discussion sidelined by a newer thread, that didn't bother to merge or at least link to the previous established threads.

Last edited:
I see.
I am fortunate enough to not have seen the Holiday special :)
LOL don't be afraid to check it out.
Granted it's a near unwatchable, painful and shameless sell-out by Lucas, which then spun-out of his control , into a musical variety show LOL!
Although some joke that's the best thing about it, others fast-forward through the musical numbers and skits, there is even an edit which just streamlines the "story" buried within; is a charming little story of Chewie and Han pursued by the Empire (and Boba Fett) , as they are trying to get to Kashyyyk and his family, for a cosmic 70's "Life-Day" celebration, which ends with Carrie Fisher belting out the Life-Day song.

Along with Wizard of Oz and it's a Wonderful Life, we regularly jokingly and to great delight, watch this edit every holiday season.
If nothing else, watch the animated segment (which contains Fett's first appearance) , posted on the previous page.

Last edited:
According to Favreau it takes place a few years after Return of the Jedi.
Which explains these guys still lurking about....
the-mandalorian-stormtroopers.jpg

As they do look like OT Troopers:

LOL don't be afraid to check it out.
Granted it's a near unwatchable, painful and shameless sell-out by Lucas, which then spun-out of his control , into a musical variety show LOL!
Although some joke that's the best thing about it, others fast-forward through the musical numbers and skits, there is even an edit which just streamlines the "story" buried within; is a charming little story of Chewie and Han pursued by the Empire (and Boba Fett) , as they are trying to get to Kashyyyk and his family, for a cosmic 70's "Life-Day" celebration, which ends with Carrie Fisher belting out the Life-Day song.

Along with Wizard of Oz and it's a Wonderful Life, we regularly jokingly and to great delight, watch this edit every holiday season.
If nothing else, watch the animated segment (which contains Fett's first appearance) , posted on the previous page.
I remember when the Holiday Special was aired over here some year or so after the first SW movie had premiered. I was around 12-13 yo I think, and of course thought it was really cool that something SW-related would be shown on the telly. Boy, were us kids both disappointed and confused afterwards lol! I had totally forgotten about it until I found some SW discussions on internet.

I still don't even remember that animated part with Bobba Fett, which I actually think looks kinda cool. Reminds me of some of the European sci-fi illustrations of that era. I've thought for some 20 years or so that it might've been interesting to revisit this thing again, but haven't dared yet. At least it would take some serious amount of wine to feel comfortable lol.

Well, regarding this Mandalorian show - that might be really fun.

I remember when the Holiday Special was aired over here some year or so after the first SW movie had premiered. I was around 12-13 yo I think, and of course thought it was really cool that something SW-related would be shown on the telly. Boy, were us kids both disappointed and confused afterwards lol! I had totally forgotten about it until I found some SW discussions on internet.

I still don't even remember that animated part with Bobba Fett, which I actually think looks kinda cool. Reminds me of some of the European sci-fi illustrations of that era. I've thought for some 20 years or so that it might've been interesting to revisit this thing again, but haven't dared yet. At least it would take some serious amount of wine to feel comfortable lol.

Well, regarding this Mandalorian show - that might be really fun.
Replying here - When you celebrate Life Day?- so as not to derail this thread more :D

Last edited:
I am so here for this.

The Mandalorian has its own sub-forum. Shouldn't this thread just be migrated there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"