The Mandalorian Live Action Star Wars Television Series: The Mandalorian!

Bj9nBqt.jpg

Not exactly that shot. But they did show that pic to the D23 audience. I posted a low res version a few days ago. :D

Epic but we already saw that in the trailer.
Not exactly that shot. But they did show that pic to the D23 audience. I posted a low res version a few days ago. :D
Yeah that shot wasn't in the trailer, (I did see the sequence of pics you posted in the other thread though, thanks!)

There is however in the behind the scenes sneak, a shot of one of these guys getting a helmet put on his head.
Maybe that's what v v is thinking of?

EW lablles these .guys as Trandoshans
If these are Trandoshans (Bossk's species) they've gotten a slightly more humanoid looking face-lift?l
And shorter arms.

Has EW posted any others? I couldn't find them?

Last edited:
Pedro Pascal explains how his Mandalorian differs from Boba Fett

It’s easy to look at the new live-action Star Wars series The Mandalorian and assume the lead character is simply Boba Fett by another name.

Both the new Disney+ character and The Empire Strikes Back fan-favorite (who perished in Return of the Jedi) wear Mandalorian armor. Both are bounty hunters. And both are tough guys who are not exactly chatty.

But that’s where the similarities end.

As showrunner Jon Favreau, director Dave Filoni, and star Pedro Pascal explain, first of all, their Mandalorian is actually a real Mandalorian.

“Our guy is a Mandalorian, a true man, and we definitely explore the culture of the Mandalorian,” Favreau says.

Adds Filoni: “Boba Fett is a clone, according to Attack of the Clones, and by asking [creator George Lucas], he would say Boba Fett is not Mandalorian, not born on Mandalore. He’s more of a person indoctrinated into it, into the way of life, and gets a hold of the armor.”

Next, is how time and setting of The Mandalorian shakes things up. The Mandalorian is set during a period of chaos following the downfall of the Empire in Return of the Jedi (which also saw the demise of Boba Fett) and long before events in The Force Awakens.

“Our guy is operating in a much more unforgiving landscape,” Favreau says. “A place where survival is difficult enough, let alone flourishing in that atmosphere and the politics have dissolved. It’s ‘might is right.’ And how does somebody earn a living when there’s no structure to society anymore and everything is collapsing in on itself? How do you work your way through the world?”

A third aspect is that Boba Fett was more of a villain, while The Mandalorian — who has a real name, it’s just not been revealed yet — is more like a dark hero.

“Ultimately he wants to do the right thing,” Pascal says. “But his duties could very much be in conflict with his destiny and doing the right thing has many faces. It can be a very windy road.”

Two episodes in and I like that they aren't as bloated compare to a single Netflix episode, 1st episide was less than 40 mins, second ep was less than 40 mins....however, even with the shorter runtime, it is kinda boring because of the slow pacing and nothing much has happened! Other than of course
baby Yoda
ep 2 was pretty boring.

And even though the production value is great for a streaming show, it does look like a dated blockbuster film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"