• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Masters Of Horror Series

sinewave

Avenger
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching those Masters of Horror episodes? I've seen the first 8 or so. Some are pretty well done and some are kinda generic, but they're all original, at least, and you can tell that there's a lot of passion involved in this series. Anyone care to discuss them?

sinewave said:
Has anyone been watching those Masters of Horror episodes? I've seen the first 8 or so. Some are pretty well done and some are kinda generic, but they're all original, at least, and you can tell that there's a lot of passion involved in this series. Anyone care to discuss them?

I haven't seen any of them, but I'm highly tempted to buy the Carpenter one on DVD.

I bought Cigarette Burns. Not Earth-shattering, but not crap and better than most crap these days. I really liked the doughy face of the protagonist and Udo is a GOD!:eek:

I'll probably get the Stuart Gordon, John Landis and Takashi Miike ones, but I'm really getting sick of Miike always talking about how he doesn't even like Horror as a genre.
puh-LEASE.:rolleyes:

I liked Cigarette Burns a lot. Sick Girl and Deer Woman were both highly entertaining. You guys should check them out if you haven't seen them yet.

Only problem with Cigarette Burns, ( and it's such a novice-mistake :confused: ) is that they should not EVER'VE shown any of the footage from the movie, only reaction shots with the light flickering on the f***ed up faces of the viewers.

:confused: I don't know what he was thinking with that high-school quality, wannabe 9 Inch Nails video-quality crap.
Even he said it was stupid to show anything, in the commentary.

So, uh...why'd you do it?
I thought the awesome thing about these projects was the unprecedented freedom for the directors.

the only ones i liked at all were the cigarette burns one (even if it was more or less a ring rip off) and that one in the future with the young girl and biker gangs, and it has robert englund in it... with the zombie-dance thing. i forget what it was called, but it was interesting. and the girl who played the 'deer girl' was flipping hot! oh, and misty mundae was hot in the sick girl episode until she went all bat ***** crazy.

but for a show claiming to be the 'masters of horror' alot of the episodes are really pretty horrible. zombies that come back to vote? rats with human faces? a half deer half girl hypbrid? that chocolate episode? i mean, who really thought those were good ideas?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Only problem with Cigarette Burns, ( and it's such a novice-mistake :confused: ) is that they should not EVER'VE shown any of the footage from the movie, only reaction shots with the light flickering on the f***ed up faces of the viewers.

:confused: I don't know what he was thinking with that high-school quality, wannabe 9 Inch Nails video-quality crap.
Even he said it was stupid to show anything, in the commentary.

So, uh...why'd you do it?
I thought the awesome thing about these projects was the unprecedented freedom for the directors.

yeah, that part bugged me too. aside from that, i liked it. it reminded me of "in the mouth of madness", another carpenter movie.

Mr. Credible said:
the only ones i liked at all were the cigarette burns one (even if it was more or less a ring rip off) and that one in the future with the young girl and biker gangs, and it has robert englund in it... with the zombie-dance thing. i forget what it was called, but it was interesting. and the girl who played the 'deer girl' was flipping hot! oh, and misty mundae was hot in the sick girl episode until she went all bat ***** crazy.

but for a show claiming to be the 'masters of horror' alot of the episodes are really pretty horrible. zombies that come back to vote? rats with human faces? a half deer half girl hypbrid? that chocolate episode? i mean, who really thought those were good ideas?

i haven't seen the one with robert england in it, yet. deer girl was unbelivably hot. even my wife referred to her as "yummy". i just loved how f**ked-up sick girl was, especially the ending. i liked the homecoming episode with the voting zombies, but only because it eviscerated the neo-con philosphy and took stabs at anne coulter and karl rove. i think the deer woman episode was based on actual native american folklore.

sinewave said:
i haven't seen the one with robert england in it, yet. deer girl was unbelivably hot. even my wife referred to her as "yummy". i just loved how f**ked-up sick girl was, especially the ending. i liked the homecoming episode with the voting zombies, but only because it eviscerated the neo-con philosphy and took stabs at anne coulter and karl rove. i think the deer woman episode was based on actual native american folklore.

i really wouldn't mind seeing a sick girl(ish) movie, with a decent budget. i think it could be a good cheesy horror movie... with lesbians.

Mr. Credible said:
i really wouldn't mind seeing a sick girl(ish) movie, with a decent budget. i think it could be a good cheesy horror movie... with lesbians.

that would be very interesting. if you liked sick girl, you should check out a movie called "may". it's by the same director and stars the main girl, angela bettis and also that chick from scary movie, anna farris. they play coworkers at a veterinary office and there's a lot of sexual tension between the two. plus, it's a kickass movie with a ****ed up last 1/3. tons of blood and gore. check it out!

the only one I've seen is Jenifer, and that freaked me the hell out

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"