• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Matrix Resurrections

Something's off about this scene. It looks like commercial, not Matrix movie. And Keanu act like "Ted", not Neo.

The trailers are kinda cool. The new clip I just watched with Keanu acting all freaked out was hilariously bad. I was a better actor in my Grade 3 school plays. We still love Keanu but HOW has this guy not improved in 30 years lmfao. It's like he's gotten worse over the pandemic.

I'll definitely watch this movie but I'm not expecting it to be good because the Wachowski's haven't made a decent movie in 22 years. Just my opinion but only their 90's work holds up. I barely remember getting through the second and third Matrix they were that bad. So I don't really know why people are so hyped for a fourth movie. Last time I checked the sequels weren't beloved films. And as cool as the action looks, everything feels so convoluted already.

I hope it's the bees knees though. But that clip was really bad.

It can always go either way, but these days I'm honestly just happy whenever I get to see a filmmaker swing for the fences with one of these types of movies. That in itself is its own victory to me, even if not everything works. Because you know that decisions are being made from an artistic point of view-- what another human being finds inspiring or interesting. Not what a corporate board room thinks has the best chance of selling. Every so often those two things align and you get lightning in a bottle like the original Matrix, but as a sci-fi franchise like this moves into the future, it becomes more and more important to bring interesting and ambitious ideas to the table. Otherwise what's the point?

When it comes to The Matrix, I would much rather a flawed and interesting ambitious swing of a film than a boring, paint by numbers 'competent' film that doesn't bring enough fresh ideas to the table. Then again, I'm a big fan of the sequels.
You took the words right out of my mouth, like always! It is ironic though, because people complain about nostalgia, yet it's always the ones that rely on nostalgia that make the most money. Matrix has an uphill battle, both with how it's received critically and box office wise. My only hope is, good, mixed, a let down, that it allows this franchise to live on in some form.

Last time I checked the sequels weren't beloved films. And as cool as the action looks, everything feels so convoluted already.

The sequels have been getting somewhat of a reappraisal in recent years. They are flawed, but admirably ambitious and I think people are appreciating that more these days.

And they're beloved by ME, dammit! :word::oldrazz:

Keanu’s acting seems better in that clip with Carrie-Ann. Not sure what’s up with him in the Morpheus clip though. Hopefully that scene plays better in the actual movie but as-is… LOL.

Keanu does seem a little weird in that clip with Morpheus lol. Yahya seems awesome as Morpheus though. A lot to live up to but I’m not seeing any shortcomings in that clip.

It can always go either way, but these days I'm honestly just happy whenever I get to see a filmmaker swing for the fences with one of these types of movies. That in itself is its own victory to me, even if not everything works. Because you know that decisions are being made from an artistic point of view-- what another human being finds inspiring or interesting. Not what a corporate board room thinks has the best chance of selling. Every so often those two things align and you get lightning in a bottle like the original Matrix, but as a sci-fi franchise like this moves into the future, it becomes more and more important to bring interesting and ambitious ideas to the table. Otherwise what's the point?

When it comes to The Matrix, I would much rather a flawed and interesting ambitious swing of a film than a boring, paint by numbers 'competent' film that doesn't bring enough fresh ideas to the table. Then again, I'm a big fan of the sequels.

Yeah, I do see what you're saying although I would counter by saying a Matrix sequel that so far seems to be relying on all your nostalgia and the same 2 leads isn't as big of a swing as they probably could have made. If we're being honest, it's a much safer swing than say, an entirely new cast or a completely new story/spin off universe etc.

I loved the original sequels too, which is why my biggest concern would be that this film cheapens my favourite part of Neo's journey which was the ending. They blinded him, killed Trinity and he sacrificed himself to an uncertain fate. So however they explain or justify him being back, there's absolutely a risk of cheapening that sacrifice.

Also, as a side thought... I'd put it to you that every film is being made from somebody's strong, artistic point of view. Even the most corporate motivated franchise flick, when it comes to script creation, is still being funnelled through multiple creative visions. But I'll always back a bad movie that tries something bonkers and ambitious over a "fine" movie that plays it very safe. So as I said, just hoping this film will be more of the former over the latter.

Something's off about this scene. It looks like commercial, not Matrix movie. And Keanu act like "Ted", not Neo.

Keanu’s acting seems better in that clip with Carrie-Ann. Not sure what’s up with him in the Morpheus clip though. Hopefully that scene plays better in the actual movie but as-is… LOL.
Its revealed in the trailers whats going on.

Neo has been seeing a therapist for mental issues and is being medicated. He nearly commits suicide at one point by trying to step off a building at a party.
So in this meeting with Morpheus he's terrified he's really going insane. The other meeting with Morpheus is the second attempt with nostalgia to comfort and remind Neo of the truth.

I will say about the Morpheus clip, it did help me understand why we keep seeing the one guy look like he is in Zion clothes and tech. I really am looking forward to the new rules for hacking into the Matrix.

I will say about the Morpheus clip, it did help me understand why we keep seeing the one guy look like he is in Zion clothes and tech. I really am looking forward to the new rules for hacking into the Matrix.

I'm curious to know how the operators, who were natural born humans in the trilogy, are now entering the matrix and cant be seen by the plugged in humans.

I'm also wondering how the humans gained access to the back doors. Neo had to have the key maker to do it, but now it seems any operator can set up or find and operate back doors on their own.

I'm curious to know how the operators, who were natural born humans in the trilogy, are now entering the matrix and cant be seen by the plugged in humans.

I'm also wondering how the humans gained access to the back doors. Neo had to have the key maker to do it, but now it seems any operator can set up or find and operate back doors on their own.

I mean, we always see the operator in that rig of his, so that is clearly how he is projecting himself into the Matrix. I'm not entirely sure he is being seen by Neo either, but Neo of course could be an odd case if he can see him. I feels like an extension of their cells connecting to the operator.

No. I love Keanu, and I even kinda like the Constantine movie, but I want an accurate adaptation of Constantine for once. Not one where he’s an Americanized action hero or watered down for network TV.

One reviewers reaction is out on Twitter. it contains swears, so I can't post, but he said he ******* loved it, it's meta, and reminded him of New Nightmare.

No. I love Keanu, and I even kinda like the Constantine movie, but I want an accurate adaptation of Constantine for once. Not one where he’s an Americanized action hero or watered down for network TV.

Isn’t WB creating a multiverse too? I would be completely fine with Keanu reprising his role with another, separate, Constantine having his own show or limited series.

It’s hard to gauge how this will stack up against other franchises that waited two decades or more to make a sequel. Blade Runner 2049, Mad Max Fury Road, and Tron Legacy weren’t bad follow-ups, but Coming 2 America, Space Jam 2, Dumb and Dumber To, and Kingdom of Crystal Skull were trash so we’ll see.

One reviewers reaction is out on Twitter. it contains swears, so I can't post, but he said he ******* loved it, it's meta, and reminded him of New Nightmare.

Was New Nightmare good? Did people like it back then? I just remember seeing the trailers and thinking, “Well; I guess that’s what you do when you run out of ideas.”

New Nightmare is one of the best ones. It did the meta thing before Scream even. Very ahead of its time.

Was New Nightmare good? Did people like it back then? I just remember seeing the trailers and thinking, “Well; I guess that’s what you do when you run out of ideas.”
I loved it haha, but I was about 1 years old when it dropped, so I don't remember well how it was received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"