• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Matrix Resurrections

I'd be pumped for another Matrix movie. Yes, the sequels were bloated and confusing at times compared to the first film, but you know what? They were still awesome. Great stunts and action, and I actually liked the story and how it panned out. Agent Smith is one of the great villains of movies, and the Wachowskis were certainly broad in their scope.

Everyone was wondering if Neo was really dead after #3, so it looks like he may not be.

I'd be pretty excited if the whole story was set some time ahead of the last film (maybe 50-100 years) and there was a new 'One' ............ and Neo somehow interacts with him.

Yeah indeed.

There is so many areas they can expand on. Nothing is happy ever after when a war ceases. Time is irrelevant to a machine, and especially a program. Characters would still harbor the same feelings just as humans do now. And just like in the real world when governments are toppled, you would have a power grab, the Merovingian would certainly try to take advantage of the situation.

If it's good, I'm all for it. If not, it's only two hours....

I think there's two options:

He can come back as a program--that bird in Reloaded, the one with the nice ****, she said her husband, the Merovingian, was 'once like you' to Neo. Maybe he'll come back something like him. Maybe the Merovingian was one of the 'ones' (they said there'd been six) that came before Neo. Who knows?

Either that or jump forward 50-100 years and the anomaly is back in the system.

She was talking about how he was once in love with her and would do anything for her like Neo would do for Trinity. That is why she wanted a passionate kiss.

I thought the second one was mediocre and I mildly liked the third one (mainly because of the action scenes), but nobody asked for a fourth one.

She was talking about how he was once in love with her and would do anything for her like Neo would do for Trinity. That is why she wanted a passionate kiss.

I wish she wasn't kissing my lips.

I thought the second one was mediocre and I mildly liked the third one (mainly because of the action scenes), but nobody asked for a fourth one.

I hated the real world action and the matrix fighting was too anime.

I'm also in the minority here that did enjoy them . I'm not sure where they could go with a new Matrix but I think it could be good.
My thoughts exactly :up:

If there is a fourth film, I think Neo shouldn't be the main character.
I enjoy all the Matrix movies.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought the freeway scene in The Matrix Reload, how about a van full of orphans is being flipped over and explodes upon impact. I know WE know, but the citizens don't. So image the horrific imagery from the news talking about this homicidal freeway chase that left hundreds dead. heh.

photo-rel_architect.jpg

Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the fifth time we have rehashed this story, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

photo-rel_architect.jpg

Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the fifth time we have rehashed this story, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

Why?

Unfortunately , The brothers ended the story so poorly imo, that its really tough to do a sequel to the Matrix films unless they :

A) Basically retcon the 3rd and make the 4th as if the Revolutions never happened which would be awkward or problematic at best
B) Bring back characters from the dead like Trinity, Neo (who is easier to bring back then everyone else) and even Agent Smith.
C) The do a new story with new characters in the Matrix world unrelated to Neo, Morphius etc. In which case the question would be , who cares to see a Matrix film without Keanu or Fishburne.
D) They do a prequel set of films about the creation of the matrix which could be quite boring and be so far in the past that once again Neo wouldn't be a factor at all .
Or
E) They do the new" in" thing in Hollywood : Reboot with younger actors playing Neo and Co which at this point would be a pretty hard sell since reboot Matrix would be like rebooting Bladerunner or the Godfather saga Imo.

Since the rumor has been debunked this arguement is moot , but even if it were true , I say its best to leave well enough alone.

I am so excited for this! i had already accepted the franchise was over and i have moved on. but the fact that the brothers who created the other 3 movies already wrote out an idea that plays out for 2 movies again much like the 2nd and 3rd sounds exciting.

i have No clue as to how they would do this or why neo would be involved but i sure cant wait to find out

im actually hoping agent smith is not coming back tho

I am so excited for this! i had already accepted the franchise was over and i have moved on. but the fact that the brothers who created the other 3 movies already wrote out an idea that plays out for 2 movies again much like the 2nd and 3rd sounds exciting.

i have No clue as to how they would do this or why neo would be involved but i sure cant wait to find out

im actually hoping agent smith is not coming back tho

it's just a rumor!

I've spent the last 7 years trying to forget those original sequels happened now they want to re-open the wounds?

come on!

I loved Reloaded and Revolutions. :awesome:

Not surprised this is false. The entire story reads like a fanboys wet dream.

Honestly, I liked the sequels.

Not sure how I can feel at this point.

I'm also in the minority here that did enjoy them . I'm not sure where they could go with a new Matrix but I think it could be good.
My brothers!!! :word: ...I guess I'm in this minority too. Obviously sequel are nowhere near the original but if you watch them together and see them both as one big movie...they're definitely not that bad.

^ that would be interesting expanding on the "ones" before Neo
This is exactly what I was thinking. Sequel sounds terrible. All story arcs were completed. Prequel however is a whole 'notha story. Look how brilliant some of the animatrix shorts were! I'd love to see them dive deeper into the matrix universe.

My brothers!!! :word: ...I guess I'm in this minority too. Obviously sequel are nowhere near the original but if you watch them together and see them both as one big movie...they're definitely not that bad.

:up: :woot:

This is exactly what I was thinking. Sequel sounds terrible. All story arcs were completed. Prequel however is a whole 'notha story. Look how brilliant some of the animatrix shorts were! I'd love to see them dive deeper into the matrix universe.

I would be so down for a live-action "second renaissance" matrix.

The sequels took on so many terrific and interesting themes. Overall I even enjoyed Reloaded but Revolutions was awful. I couldn't stand the fight scenes, it was like 90 minutes of CG filler.

It was just a rumor so at least the Wachowski's know their limits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"