Rogue One The Moff (Spoilers)

czHNP

I thought the CGI on him was amazing, they did a fantastic job. For me the first scene with him was the most obvious CGI but then after that I couldn't really tell.

Yea, same with me, the first scene looked CGI-ish, but after that I was like... "hm, why does he look much better now?" to the point that I was like "I cannot believe this is CGI".

Leia looked more CGI than Tarkin. Face of old Peter Cushing is much more CGI friendly than face of young Carrie Fisher.

Story-wise, I loved Tarkin. His ruthless behaviour towards Krennic, etc.

Last edited:
I thought the CGI for Tarkin was great, there were a few brief moments where I could tell it was CGI, but mostly it was brilliant and didn't take me out of the movie at all.

I thought Leia looked CGI from the off and even more so when she said her line/word.

I can not get the imgur thing to work to attach a photo of the SITH Tarkin, but it looks as good or better than the cgi one and at a fraction of the cost...

It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty damn good. I wasn't expecting it and I thought it was convincing enough. Tarkin was always one of my favorite characters, so it was nice seeing him again.

I think the biggest problem was the voice. It was somewhat off. It was a bit awkward looking at Peter Cushing, but not having Cushing's distinctive voice.

It was cool to see the technology, but I never believed I was looking at a real person. It took me out of the film a bit to be honest, though I enjoyed seeing more of Tarkin. I feel like in another 10 years or so this tech will be almost perfected.

I admire that they attempted to use CGI to recreate Cushing. However, it was very noticible to me every time he was on screen. Still, it was nice to see Tarkin return.

i felt it might've been better if they just used makeup, prosthetics, and camera angles to make guy henry look more like peter cushing for tarkin.

henry already looks like a cushing a bit too.
the same for the actress who played leia at the end.

the cgi was good, way better than tron legacy now, but still has something off about it - so the uncanny valley effect took me out of the movie a little bit.

still, i thought the movie was great. it's probably within my top 3 star wars movies now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"