The Moff (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' started by MurkeNyou, Dec 15, 2016.

1. bubbadoom

bubbadoom Registered

2. Consona

Consona Registered

Yea, same with me, the first scene looked CGI-ish, but after that I was like... "hm, why does he look much better now?" to the point that I was like "I cannot believe this is CGI".

Leia looked more CGI than Tarkin. Face of old Peter Cushing is much more CGI friendly than face of young Carrie Fisher.

Story-wise, I loved Tarkin. His ruthless behaviour towards Krennic, etc.

#77 Consona, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  3. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I thought the CGI for Tarkin was great, there were a few brief moments where I could tell it was CGI, but mostly it was brilliant and didn't take me out of the movie at all.

I thought Leia looked CGI from the off and even more so when she said her line/word.

4. bubbadoom

bubbadoom Registered

I can not get the imgur thing to work to attach a photo of the SITH Tarkin, but it looks as good or better than the cgi one and at a fraction of the cost...

5. bubbadoom

bubbadoom Registered

[​IMG]

still not working...

6. Kahran Ramsus

Kahran Ramsus Registered

It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty damn good. I wasn't expecting it and I thought it was convincing enough. Tarkin was always one of my favorite characters, so it was nice seeing him again.

I think the biggest problem was the voice. It was somewhat off. It was a bit awkward looking at Peter Cushing, but not having Cushing's distinctive voice.

7. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight NCC-1701

Brilliantly executed design & effect IMO.

8. Infinity9999x

Infinity9999x Registered

It was cool to see the technology, but I never believed I was looking at a real person. It took me out of the film a bit to be honest, though I enjoyed seeing more of Tarkin. I feel like in another 10 years or so this tech will be almost perfected.

9. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Registered

You have to put .jpg at the end of your link. Imgur doesn't put it at the end

[​IMG]

10. Pennywise

Pennywise Registered

I admire that they attempted to use CGI to recreate Cushing. However, it was very noticible to me every time he was on screen. Still, it was nice to see Tarkin return.

11. LEOZZTT

LEOZZTT Registered

[YT]xMB2sLwz0Do[/YT]

12. chintai80

chintai80 oh hi.

i felt it might've been better if they just used makeup, prosthetics, and camera angles to make guy henry look more like peter cushing for tarkin.

henry already looks like a cushing a bit too.
    the same for the actress who played leia at the end.

the cgi was good, way better than tron legacy now, but still has something off about it - so the uncanny valley effect took me out of the movie a little bit.

still, i thought the movie was great. it's probably within my top 3 star wars movies now.