The most powerful villain on Heroes

ken smith

Civilian
Reaction score
Is Maury Parkman. But do you guys think Adam Monroe is more powerful than sylar, his only power is
Immortality

Is Maury Parkman. But do you guys think Adam Monroe is more powerful than sylar, his only power is
Immortality

It has to be between Sylar and Maury. Just think of Maury as Professor Xavier of the X-Men and limitless power Xavier is caple of doing. As of right now Adam Monroe has only shown one power but who knows what else he has up his sleeve. IMO I think he won't be that much powerful for other than what you mentioned on your 'spoiler' but he will be very tricky and manipulative.

I agree Maury would be more powerful villain at this point of the show, since he is more adept with his power - on which he can trap people in nightmarish visions. I am not sure Sylar or Adam Monroe would be able to stop it.

Since it appears that Sylar has lost his power (or temporarily), Adam Monroe would indeed be more powerful. However, if Sylar were to regain all his power, Mr. Monroe (assuming he is like Claire) would be no match. Sylar would able to use telekinesis and chop off Adam's brain.

If Sylar takes Monroe's power, would Monroe die? Either way, It would make Sylar the most powerful (once he regains his power, of course).

Maury to me is a more refined Candace, and he is killable. Monroe can be permanently stopped (ship him off into outer space or something). Sylar, however can gain all those powers and then some.

If Sylar takes Monroe's power, would Monroe die? Either way, It would make Sylar the most powerful (once he regains his power, of course).

Maury to me is a more refined Candace, and he is killable. Monroe can be permanently stopped (ship him off into outer space or something). Sylar, however can gain all those powers and then some.

sorry, who's monroe?

Immortality

I think that's how his ability started out but he can probably do more now. I bet he's like Apocalypse, able to alter his own body on a cellular level.

Maury, though, hopefully his power is limited, telepathy owns all other powers... who cares if you can chop of brains if you can't even control your own anymore?

I think it kind of depends on the situation. Look how easily Sylar took out Ted. If Ted had seen Sylar coming at him, he would of defended himself and maybe he wouldn't of died. If Sylar paints Maury and kind figure out what he can do, then he could get the jump on him. I guess Sylar is allowed some prep-time since he can paint the future. :cwink:

I think it kind of depends on the situation. Look how easily Sylar took out Ted. If Ted had seen Sylar coming at him, he would of defended himself and maybe he wouldn't of died. If Sylar paints Maury and kind figure out what he can do, then he could get the jump on him. I guess Sylar is allowed some prep-time since he can paint the future. :cwink:

Even without prep time, Sylar's original ability allows him to understand quickly what's going on. He could counter it with an illusion of his own by using Candice's ability ( when he's able to use this ability)

It's quality versus quantity.

One thing I will say in Sylar's defense, though, is that once Maury has used his ability on you, it loses its effect. What I'm saying is, if Maury put Parkman into a nightmare again, Parkman would KNOW that it's a nightmare...thus taking away that "X-Factor."

Maury's power really relies heavily on your mind overpowering your body. If you're strong enough to prevent that, you're strong enough to defeat him.

I have a feeling Bob's power goes way beyond turning stuff into gold.

Absolutely...but I doubt it'll turn out to be anything near Maury/Sylar's levels.

I don't know about that. If he could turn someone's blood into, say, liquid nitrogen, or stuff like that, he'd definately be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't know about that. If he could turn someone's blood into, say, liquid nitrogen, or stuff like that, he'd definately be a force to be reckoned with.
Duly noted.

But his powers could still require physical contact...whereas Maury and Sylar can attack from a distance.

Could. But that's hardly been explicitly stated.
Again, duly noted.

But I will concede that such a SEEMINGLY meaningless power has to serve a higher purpose. But on the other hand, Zane Taylor's power was pretty meaningless, and that turned out to be...well...meaningless. :woot:

One thing I will say in Sylar's defense, though, is that once Maury has used his ability on you, it loses its effect. What I'm saying is, if Maury put Parkman into a nightmare again, Parkman would KNOW that it's a nightmare...thus taking away that "X-Factor."

That only applies to Matt (you know they're BOTH "Parkman's" right?), and likely Peter too since thay both have (or at least the potential to have) the same mental powers as Maury. Nathan would have been stuck indefintely in his nightmare, if Matt hadn't been in it with him.

That only applies to Matt (you know they're BOTH "Parkman's" right?), and likely Peter too since thay both have (or at least the potential to have) the same mental powers as Maury. Nathan would have been stuck indefintely in his nightmare, if Matt hadn't been in it with him.
Again, if Nathan gets attacked by Maury again, he'll know it's a dream. That's my point.

Once you know what Maury's capable of, he loses all his power over you.

EDIT: Duh, they're both Parkman. But I've been calling Parkman Parkman long before Maury showed up. I mean, they even call him Parkman in the little subtitles now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"