The music

Seen

It's Been Seen
Reaction score
I think an interesting discussion topic is that of the music, or score, for The Incredible Hulk. Danny Elfman, superhero composer maestro, scored the music for Ang Lee's Hulk. I think it's unlikely that Elfman will return, since this film is oft-considered as a reboot or reimagining, and is probably going to be as different as possible from Lee's film, which I imagine also includes Elfman's score.

Now, as a fan of Lee's film, I also adored Elfman's score, but I can understand why director Louis Leterrier would want a different composer for a fresh musical approach. Now the issue of composer ... Leterrier's past three films (Transporter, Transporter 2, Unleashed) have all had different composers, so Leterrier obviously doesn't have a "pet composer" like Tim Burton does (who is ironically Elfman) or Paul Greengrass (which is recently John Powell). That opens up the composer search.

My suggestions? John Powell, for one. He's done the work for all three Bourne movies and most recently the score for X-Men: The Last Stand. Those scores proved he can do the quaint, dramatic yet kinetic building cues for the action sequences and dramatic parts, but also the lavishly epic and orchestral sound that a movie like The Incredible Hulk requires. I'm thinking a mesh of those sounds -- the electronics and the classic sound of pure orchestra -- might be a good musical balance for The Incredible Hulk. And if anything, Powell can write music really well for action sequences with guys on the run, which Bruce Banner seems to be in this film.

Any other suggestions? Ideas on the musical direction for the film, etc etc?

Since Liv Tyler who plays Betty in the new movie is the daughter of the lead singer of Aerosmtih I was thinking that maybe they could be talked into doing an original rock song for the movie. Hulk kicking ass to a few heavy metal songs wouldn't be half bad either.

There was an original rock song released for the last movie. Hands down the worst song on the soundtrack.

Norton mentioned the tv series and Bill Bixby...I'd pee myself if they managed to work Lonely Man into the movie somehow.

[YT]eMbzSdf0_oQ[/YT]

I know it's unlikely but damn it would be cool. Especially if it played during the closing credits.

Only one composer can do justice to this film. Joseph Harnell. :cwink: Well, at least his music. The guy's dead.

Incorporating his music would be a nice tribute indeed and keeping it mellow would be a nice contrast to the big pounding music I reckon will accompany the fighting scenes. I hear Basil Poledouris' "Bugs!!" from the Starship troopers soundtrack when I picture HULK and the Abomination brawling downtown.

Incorporating his music would be a nice tribute indeed and keeping it mellow would be a nice contrast to the big pounding music I reckon will accompany the fighting scenes. I hear Basil Poledouris' "Bugs!!" from the Starship troopers soundtrack when I picture HULK and the Abomination brawling downtown.
that's what we need...
too bad he's dead :csad:

that's what we need...
too bad he's dead :csad:

I know, I forgot about it. :csad:

But it was more a reference to the intensity certain scenes require. Big thundering percussion and tubas in contrast to that piano-theme. :hyper:

John Powell would be a good choice, his score for X3 was LITERALLY the only good thing about the movie.

John Powell would be a good choice, his score for X3 was LITERALLY the only good thing about the movie.

Yeah, that actually was an ok score. The first desent X-men theme. But I dont think Powell can be "violent" enough. James Newton Howard could...

Would also be cool to hear what Elfman could do this time now that the tone is more fun and action-packed.

the less music the better the movie. i came to watch an action film, not a musical.

Not a fan of Ang's Hulk at all but loved the Elfman score. I think getting Elfman to score superhero movies is a thing of the past. He's good but alot of his scores sound alike.

Wouldn't mind hearing Hans Zimmer, John Debney or Steve Jalonsky scoring TIH.

the less music the better the movie. i came to watch an action film, not a musical.

Watching an action film without an accompanying score/ any music even if just some sort of generic rock. Wouldn't be much of an action film, it'd be watching people hit eachother without any "feeling" or intensity behind it.

Just like a horror film without the music would be like "Meh."

that might be one of the dumbest things i have ever heard, second only to "a cow is an animal and a chicken is a bird, so chicken isnt meat"

that might be one of the dumbest things i have ever heard, second only to "a cow is an animal and a chicken is a bird, so chicken isnt meat"

so you want more music...lmao? watch sound of music or some other fruitcake movie. you are either gay or female.

so you want more music...lmao? watch sound of music or some other fruitcake movie. you are either gay or female.

aa23e769-5174-40ea-a160-3f097f852a71

We need music in a movie, it doesn't have to be Hulk singalong :wow:
but yes music plays an important part in a movie experience, no matter what you say...
Now the music can be good or bad, affect the movie in + or -

We need music in a movie, it doesn't have to be Hulk singalong :wow:
but yes music plays an important part in a movie experience, no matter what you say...
Now the music can be good or bad, affect the movie in + or -

i never said it couldn't contain music. i said less music than the first movie. it seems people in this thread want more music. in fact they are so adamant about it they are actually becoming upset...lol.

i never said it couldn't contain music. i said less music than the first movie. it seems people in this thread want more music. in fact they are so adamant about it they are actually becoming upset...lol.
Well the idea of the thread wasn't like:
does the incredible Hulk needs more Music in it? but
What music for the Incredible Hulk? Who to compose?

Tell how there was too much music in the first hulk?

(whooa, i've only asked question here :oldrazz:)

I think they (Marvel) should approach John Murphy.

Anyone unfamiliar with his work should check out the 28 Days Later (and 28 Weeks Later too) soundtrack. He wrote the tune 'In the house in a heartbeat', and what an immense song it is. Real tension and not an orchestra to be heard. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing a well composed and conducted orchestral piece but having thought about this, I think John Murphy would do an amazing, timeless piece.

I urge everyone to find some of his work, amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"