It's Official: Hulk heading to Toronto!!!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
'Hulk' Heading to Toronto for Flim Shoot
Monday February 26, 1:08 pm ET 'The Incredible Hulk' Heading to Toronto for Summer Film Shoot

TORONTO (AP) -- Torontonians beware! The Incredible Hulk is coming.
The city has been chosen as a principal filming location for the upcoming Marvel Studios production of "The Incredible Hulk."
"The Hulk" is to be directed by Louis Leterrier ("Transporter" 1 & 2, "Unleashed").
The film's executive producer Jim Van Wyck ("Lemony Snicket," "Armageddon"), shot in the city two years ago on the action flick "16 Blocks" and said he found the Toronto film community to be "exceptional," lauding the co-operation from the city and the province.
"The Incredible Hulk" is expected to begin shooting this summer for about four months. The cast has yet to be announced. Marvel Studios is a subsidiary of Marvel Entertainment Inc., which publishes characters including Spider Man, X-Men Captain America and Ghost Rider.
The announcement gives a boost to the local film industry which is still suffering the after-effects of a six-week strike by Canadian performers. A tentative deal between ACTRA and producers was reached Feb. 21.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070226/hulk_in_toronto.html?.v=1

AD, isnt the money thing today?... where Avi talks about the movies and stuff

... This is good news anyway...

Avi's not at Marvel anymore. Though he's a producer he doesn't work under Marvel. He's at Avi Arad Productions. Yes Marvel did have there earnings today. Beat estimates by 40%. Only real news is:

Hulk has a new video game publisher to be announced soon.
Iron Man casting has been completed as far as main roles.
Hulk shoot starts in 2nd QTR 2007 (June from what Avi said before)

Wow.

Hulk in Toronto.

Cool.

The film community here needs some support. :)

Avi's not at Marvel anymore. Though he's a producer he doesn't work under Marvel. He's at Avi Arad Productions. Yes Marvel did have there earnings today. Beat estimates by 40%. Only real news is:

Hulk has a new video game publisher to be announced soon.
Iron Man casting has been completed as far as main roles.
Hulk shoot starts in 2nd QTR 2007 (June from what Avi said before)

well that just sucks ass... i was hoping for some god damn cast announcements :mad:

well that just sucks ass... i was hoping for some god damn cast announcements :mad:

The announcemnets are coming. They usually do this where they do earnings and watch how the stock reacts then start trickling in news like that have just started doing. Hulk casting news will be soon I imagine no later than March.

lets hope you are right man

It's only Monday. I'd expect something else from MVL before end of week. See my sig for entire earnings annoucement towards end of thread.

i know they're filming in Summer, but I wonder will there be any Hulk winter-time smashing.. fights in the snow.. (on a glacier!)
in the rain..

well as said before, location has nothing to do with the environment in the movie but I would love to see a broad range of HULK battles from the forests of canada to the sewers/subways of a city to an underwater scene...

A battle climax of Abomination with Thunderbolt in-tow would be phenominal... The army chasing as these 2 goliaths are tearing apart cities, forests across a series of miles up to the final climactic stand...

Some kind of Hulk news here. The title leads me to believe this is regarding it coming to Toronto but the headline said more in the search box. It's not loading because I don't think the whole story is ready yet. Weird:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Entertainment/561550.html

Hmmmm. The link has been removed and the story's done. Doesn't even show up in my e-mail or blog searches anymore and has been removed from site. Must have posted something that was meant to be exclusive for somebody else. Damn. Now it's gone. I know one of the producers Zwyk or something was chatting in it.

Is this movie even still getting made? It's the end of March and Bruce Banner has yet to be cast. Why is the casting taking so long? :huh:

The movie will start filming in June and wrap in October. Have patience. ;)

hmm.. maybe its an adaptation of the "Countdown" storyline..
I predict that the casting announcement will come around the time that the Spidey 3 film hits theaters..

yay toronto!hmm anyone know theexact location they are shooting?maybe i can visit the set lol

still no casting news??

I'm sure it will happen any day now.. good news comes to those who wait.. :)

They must still be negotiating if they have not yet made any type of announcements. I am guessing one actor is driving a hard bargain which could mean it is Bana given that any other would probably be a quick no or yes. That is assuming there is no big star in the running.

They must still be negotiating if they have not yet made any type of announcements. I am guessing one actor is driving a hard bargain which could mean it is Bana given that any other would probably be a quick no or yes. That is assuming there is no big star in the running.

really, i dont see why Bana would hold up the film so much. Unless Marvel are trying to f**k him up with Money and sequel contracts. Bana has said many times he'll come back and that they should go with a more lighter film next time around. I dont think its Bana anyway, LL pretty much said it wont be Bana and that he was looking to recast Banner. I think it might be Brody, Abrams seems to want him for Star Trek and Marvel might be in a tough of war situation

Is the Hulk Production Too Big for Toronto?
Source: Playback

Playback magazine has published a good article on the upcoming shoot for The Incredible Hulk in Toronto. Here's a clip:

While TFS president Ken Ferguson - who is also heading up Filmport - won't confirm anything, sources indicate Hulk has booked four of TFS' largest soundstages for permanent sets.

The film's three cameras and accompanying crews will do much location shooting in and around Toronto, and require additional office space.

http://www.playbackmag.com/articles/magazine/20070319/tostudios.html

Click the link above for the full article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"