The music

i loved elfmans score

very epic and memorable, too bad the actual film didnt match its level

Only one composer can do justice to this film. Joseph Harnell. :cwink: Well, at least his music. The guy's dead.

This is a no-brainer. The Lonely Man theme is something practically everyone knows from the show, even those who didn't watch it religiously, simply because it played at the end of EVERY episode. Anyone flipping through the channels on a Friday night was bound to hear it sooner or later. It's also a very simple and memorable piece. It complimented the TV Banner perfectly, and if the powers behind the upcoming film are steering the movie Banner in a direction that's in keeping with the tone of the show, it would be very appropriate, as well as a nice homage. If Universal's releasing this it should be no problem, since they own the rights to the TV series, too. (Although I don't know if the music rights are part of that package.)

But I feel that the only TV music used should be Harnell's "Lonely Man" theme, and then only very sparingly (perhaps to introduce Banner if we first see him hitching into the scene, and/or especially at the end of the film - las it was in the series). For the Hulk's fights we need big, pounding music, like much of the score from the first 'Conan' film. At least keeping in that spirit. Low, deep instruments and a driving bass percussion would be good sounds to represent the massive size and power of the Hulk.

I would prefer a traditional orchestral score over electronic synth beats. And few or no songs, please. The inclusion of modern music, from any genre, inevitably dates a film. Besides which, it's usually nothing more than a cheap-jack way for uber-greedy studio execs to milk a little more money from the public by convincing/forcing film makers to layer in a handful of lame, crappy songs to justify the release of a pisspoor "original motion picture soundtrack!" = Yuck! This especially goes for the no-talent "b"-side garbage they include to fill out enough songs on an album. You know, those musical turds that we are told were 'inspired by' the movie. Man, that is the absolute lowest!!

Anyhoo... that's my $.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"