The NEW 2014/2015 NBA Thread: Warriors Win the War - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the Heat are being crazy overrated going into this season. I know a lot of pundits are picking them as a legitimate threat to the Cavs. I don't see it. They have a lot of big names, but they are old, injury prone and don't have much outside shooting. The Cavs are the class of the east.

My surprise team in the East are the Bucks. Jason Kidd has done an amazing job with that young core, they get Jabari Parker back from injury, added Greg Monroe and retained Middleton in the offseason. And the Greek Freak just continues to get better, that dude has crazy potential. I can see them as a surprise 3 or 4 seed in the East.
Eh... I don't know about "overrated".

Heat, Cs and Jazz all closed out the business end of the year strong.

Eh... I don't know about "overrated".

Heat, Cs and Jazz all closed out the business end of the year strong.
The Heat didn't finish the year strong. They choked away a playoff spot away to Boston and Brooklyn. I mean, I think they can be a 4 or 5 seed, but pundits are predicting them to challenge the Cavs and make it to the ECFs.

"Choked away" whilst chasing from behind...

Clearly your fanbase thinks otherwise on SB Nation and Bleacher Report. Fans over there actually believe Thompson is a crucial piece in being a championship caliber squad and worth the contract.

Oh he is a crucial piece to a championship squad, he's just not worth that contract.

If the Cavs are healthy they will blow the doors off the Heat healthy or not. Come on man. If healthy Cavs can beat the Spurs.

I think that's a much bigger "if" than people give credence to. Kyrie has a history of being hurt as it is, along with Shump & Varejao. And LeBron's starting to feel the mileage as well.

It's going to be interesting to see how he is when his physical advantages really start to dwindle, I've always been of the mind that at least 70% of his game is predicated on athleticism. Like D-Wade before him, he'll have to adapt and adjust or risk a precipitous fall...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back