The new Robin costume is catching on

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
I saw a Six Flags commerical where it shows Bugs Bunny, Green Lantern, Batman & Wonder Woman. When Robin was shown, the guy was wearing the costume from the comcis and it was the OYL costunme.

Guess its catchign on.

I like the costume. It's better than Tim's old costume, and much, much better than the pantless silver age Dick Grayson costume.

It is a great costume. Only thing that could bother me is the cape being torn at the bottom similar to Bats cape.

only thing that still needs a change is the yellow backing of the cape. Everything else seems great, but just seeing that every so often bugs me.

trustyside-kick said:
It is a great costume. Only thing that could bother me is the cape being torn at the bottom similar to Bats cape.

Personally, I like the scallops he's added. The scallops for Tim on his cape give more of an illusion of feathers than bat-wings.

Batman said:
Personally, I like the scallops he's added. The scallops for Tim on his cape give more of an illusion of feathers than bat-wings.

Ya I see what you mean. I wonder how that suit looks though with the normal Robin cape to it.

trustyside-kick said:
Ya I see what you mean. I wonder how that suit looks though with the normal Robin cape to it.

In Teen Titans #34, there was one page where Tony Daniel drew Robin with that similar cape. It looked good, but I still prefer this new one.

As an aside, did you notice the guy in that same Six Flags commercial wearing the Batman Begins costume? Is it just me or does that guy look HUGE in that suit? Looks to me he's as wide as a barn door!

Batman said:
In Teen Titans #34, there was one page where Tony Daniel drew Robin with that similar cape. It looked good, but I still prefer this new one.

That cape but the red and black suit?

trustyside-kick said:

The new cape seems to have a lot better flow when people draw it. Kinda like when Batman drops down his cape spreads and looks like wings, the same way.

5186_400x600.jpg

Yeah, it's a great looking suit. I like the small changes too, like the scallops (just like Batman) on his gloves, and even the scallop on his cape (like Batman).

trustyside-kick said:

I love that about the cape actually. There is a shot of Robin in the new Teen Titans where he is standing in the background engulfed by his cape, which gives off a shadowy effect on the ground, similar to Batman's. He also has that stern bat-glare going on. I think by darkening the costume, making him appear more menacing, DC is trying to send a signal as to just how much Tim is coming of age, and that he might just damn well be a rightful heir to the bat helm. He is clearly becoming more and more like Batman.

Bathead said:
As an aside, did you notice the guy in that same Six Flags commercial wearing the Batman Begins costume? Is it just me or does that guy look HUGE in that suit? Looks to me he's as wide as a barn door!

Hell Yeah! And so did John Stewart!

Ibn said:
I love that about the cape actually. There is a shot of Robin in the new Teen Titans where he is standing in the background engulfed by his cape, which gives off a shadowy effect on the ground, similar to Batman's. He also has that stern bat-glare going on. I think by darkening the costume, making him appear more menacing, DC is trying to send a signal as to just how much Tim is coming of age, and that he might just damn well be a rightful heir to the bat helm. He is clearly becoming more and more like Batman.

I would not like to see him become Batman. It would be just too wierd cause he is Robin.

trustyside-kick said:
I would not like to see him become Batman. It would be just too wierd cause he is Robin.

1. There will never be another Batman than Bruce.
2. I'd like to see something like Prodigal happen w/ Tim. I think that DC is sending us little hints about how serious of a detective and crimefighter Tim is about to become. He already appears to be following that brooding path that seems to eventually catch up to all bat-scion, which I think is hella cool. I betcha something big is about to go down involving Dick, Tim, Jason, and Ibn in this new "Batman and Son" by Grant Morisson *knocks on wood*.

I prefer the Robin costume Neal Adams designed.
1robin3adams.jpg

It's still green, yellow and red, Robin's colors. Not all red and black and not Batman junior.

^Well we have seen that suit so many times and all. This new one is great don't get me wrong. I was talking about the cape but not like I hated the design of him overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"