Which character should Marvel Studios use next?

I would be up for a Doc Strange film, or Namor.

A Luke Cage flick holds alot of potential for being good as well.

Honestly, unless they get a helluva crative team/lead actor, I'm not overly interested in any of those except Dr. Strange.

my ideas

fox-deadpool

all in this order

(-marvel studios-ironman 2 :im:-release april 31, 2010, filming start- june 2009

marvel studios-the incredibe hulk 2 :bh:-release december 17 or 24, 2010 , filming start- june 2009

marvel studios-captain america: the first avenger -release may, 2011 , filming start-november 2010

marvel studios-avengers -release july, 2011 , filming start-november 2010

marvel studios-thor -release feb. 2012

marvel studios-henry pym -release may 2012)

marvel studios-luke cage: hero for hire

marvel studios-black panther

sounds good to me, what do you all think ? :word:

I go with Heroes for Hire. Superhero buddy movie done right = $$$.
Doctor Strange is a little tough to wrap around for casual fans. Panther is awesome and would be my #1 if it weren't worrying how they would do it (Preist > Hudlin.)

I'm all for a series of street level movies like Luke Cage,Iron Fist and Shang Chi with some of the characters occuring in several films.

Doctor Strange is a little tough to wrap around for casual fans.

No, he isn't.

Doctor Strange is very easy to grasp.

The technology definitely exists to make him work in live action.

Last edited:
It's gotta be Doctor Strange with Adrien Brody and Stephen Chow.

Brody could pull off the cocky-doctor turned humbled superhero who's still kinda cocky. And he could hang with guys like Robert Downey Jr., Edward Norton, etc.

Doctor Strange is very easy to grasp.

The technology definitely exists to make him work in live action.

I'm afraid I still disagree. The technology works, sure. But this isn't likely to be a Michael Bay type of deal. The origin of Doctor Strange is a good one, but he still doesn't have a lot of pathos. I've never been able to get into him very much in a solo book and I doubt Joe Likes-movies-but-never-read-a-comic-in-his-life will fare too differently.

I'm afraid I still disagree. The technology works, sure. But this isn't likely to be a Michael Bay type of deal.

Dr. Strange doesn't have to be a Michael Bay action flick to work.

He's a thinking man's hero. A good film maker could make an interesting film from his premise.

Plenty of ground to cover to make Strange's mythos fascinating to watch in a story that is smart.

The origin of Doctor Strange is a good one, but he still doesn't have a lot of pathos.
Stephen Strange lost his talent as a doctor in a car accident, dedicated his life into mysticism for a cure, wants to redeem himself for being an arrogant jerk when he was a doctor and ended up being the protector of humanity against things no-one else can fight.

There's plenty of pathos and depth in that.

I've never been able to get into him very much in a solo book

I was the same with Blade. They still made good movies out of him.

Strange would be a walk in the park for a director like del Toro.

You should read the BKV's mini-series The Oath, Englehart's A Separate Reality and Stern's Triumph and Torment. Good Strange in that.

and I doubt Joe Likes-movies-but-never-read-a-comic-in-his-life will fare too differently.

The public don't need to read the comics to understand Strange. It's a hero's journey with magic in it. They love movies with that type of stuff.

Last edited:
I gotta agree that a Doc Strange movie is almost tailor-made for a director such as B. del Toro! If only his plate wasn't so full at the moment with The Hobbit & a possible Hellboy 3...

How about Marvel fires up a series of off-world movies to compliment the 'big guns'

Nova
Silver Surfer
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain Marvel
Hell - I'd even see a Quasar movie

The intro of these characters could lead to crossovers

Silver Surfer belongs to Fox.
Captain Marvel won't get made because DC has a much more famous character by that name, who has a movie due out.

Really the only ones listed I'm super interested in are Dr. Strange, Namor and Black Panther.

Fox is going to ruin Deadpool, and for the others, I'm really sick of street level vigalantes. I'm ready for some unique backdrops; Africa, Asgard, Atlantis...places that aren't your typical NYC superhero film.

Really the only ones listed I'm super interested in are Dr. Strange, Namor and Black Panther.

Fox is going to ruin Deadpool, and for the others, I'm really sick of street level vigalantes. I'm ready for some unique backdrops; Africa, Asgard, Atlantis...places that aren't your typical NYC superhero film.
Yes completely agree I want something different. Give me some real scifi and fantasy already, we get it in the comics why not live action.

1. Black Panther
2. Namor
3. Dr. Strange
4. Deathlok
5. Luke Cage
6. Nova
7. Moon Knight
8. Ms. Marvel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"