Which character should Marvel Studios use next?

Djimon H. should play Black Panther

Black Panther is my pick. I also 2nd Djimon as a choice.
It could be very cool and dark. I also agree with whoever said the Defenders. It could also be interesting movie wise, the reason being it could introduce characters who probably couldn't have their own movie otherwise (Namor, Hercules, even Dr, Strange) Also it could be good for the Hulk franchise if they stick him in there as opposed to the Avengers. I've always thought of him as a Defender anyway.

in order:

Black Panther
Luke cage
Heroes for Hire
Moon Knight
Power Pack

get Reggie Hudlin involved with Panther or Luke Cage, especially since Mr. Reggie resigned from BET recently, he's now a free agent to produce & direct films--

Power Pack could be Marvel's "Harry Potter" franchise, if handled correctly, and they don't wait several years between sequels.. you could hire a group of talented unknowns, get solid scripts and filmmakers, and make more than a typical trilogy out of this..

Moon Knight could be Marvel's "Dark Knight" if they had the right script/director/actor combination.. the drawback would be the inevitable comparisons to Batman..

in order:

Black Panther
Luke cage
Heroes for Hire
Moon Knight
Power Pack

get Reggie Hudlin involved with Panther or Luke Cage, especially since Mr. Reggie resigned from BET recently, he's now a free agent to produce & direct films--

Power Pack could be Marvel's "Harry Potter" franchise, if handled correctly, and they don't wait several years between sequels.. you could hire a group of talented unknowns, get solid scripts and filmmakers, and make more than a typical trilogy out of this..

Moon Knight could be Marvel's "Dark Knight" if they had the right script/director/actor combination.. the drawback would be the inevitable comparisons to Batman..

I always wanna compare Daredevil and Batman...

Power Pack could be interesting...

in order:

Black Panther
Luke cage
Heroes for Hire
Moon Knight
Power Pack

Priest's influence is needed for BP, keep Hudlin way from it.

Reggie would suit Luke Cage on BET, though.

Moon Knight could be Marvel's "Dark Knight" if they had the right script/director/actor combination..

Agreed.

the drawback would be the inevitable comparisons to Batman..

They'll get that with any hero similar to Batman. Marvel has plenty good character's influenced by him.

MK does have many interesting and unique hings to distance himself from Batman, too.

Last edited:
In Marvel's last presentation they said they were looking at the viability of a live action TV series. For me, Heroes for Hire, Moon Knight and especially Daredevil would make for a great TV series.

I think Universal still has the rights to Namor but I'm not sure.

So, I voted Black Panther. That story/character would adapt perfectly to the silver screen.

With a modest budget of $50 million to $75 million, Dr. Strange and the whole 'dark arts' would kick major @$$.

After the Avengers...I honestly don't know. I wouldn't mind seeing more underground comic characters like Deadpool or the Runaways getting a film. There's probably more of an audience for their unique adventures than the studios are willing to consider.

A Deadpool movie is probably gonna be done by Fox after Wolverine. Unless, Marvel can have a lawyer say Deadpool's technically not a mutant. :grin:

I think they should do Luke Cage or Black Panther, I want a good black super hero on-screen. *Glares at Hancock*

I don't count Blade as a super hero, because he's half vampire.

Moon Knight could be pretty good too.

Nova,

Marvel Studios should get the first superhero movie with an intergalactic outerspace theme and backdrop out there before DC/Warners does Green Lantern.

Nova,

Marvel Studios should get the first superhero movie with an intergalactic outerspace theme and backdrop out there before DC/Warners does Green Lantern.

It's not going to happen.

GL became a much higher priority to WB since JL is now delayed. They'll get that released before Marvel gets to their space heroes.

It's not going to happen.

GL became a much higher priority to WB since JL is now delayed. They'll get that released before Marvel gets to their space heroes.
Yeah but we all know what "higher priority" means to Warner Bros comicbook movies, it means we'll only have to wait until 2014 to get Green Lantern instead of 2015.

If it's not Superman or Batman those guys take forever to get their top tier comic properties off the ground.

Yeah but we all know what "higher priority" means to Warner Bros comicbook movies, it means we'll only have to wait until 2014 to get Green Lantern instead of 2015.

If it's not Superman or Batman those guys take forever to get their top tier comic properties off the ground.

True.

My heart wanted to vote 'other' and suggest Captain Britain - then reality got the better of me - it would make no financial sense whatsoever for Marvel to film a big-budget CB movie. :csad:

Voted for Namor.

Marvel should really try to get LUKE CAGE going asap. Here's why, EVERY character in their A/B list requires a budget of at least $70-120 mill (or more). Luke is the ONLY character that has a name, a following and has a script that actually ready to go. Also we have 3 contenders (Terry Crews, Michael Jai White and Tyrese) any one of them could handle the role.

Luke Cage can be budgeted at $30-40mill and make a QUICK profit, thus leading to a sequel, an appearance in the avengers or a cameo of iron fist at the end.

When u think about it Luke Cage could make a GREAT weekly t.v. series. It's pretty simple he defends his hood and takes cases for pay and solves the clients problems. You can have many cameos (shield, etc) and longer story lines mixed in with the weekly subplots.

I still want to see a Terror Inc horror movie. I bought all 13 issues of Terror and I thought it was a really original idea.

A Deadpool movie is probably gonna be done by Fox after Wolverine. Unless, Marvel can have a lawyer say Deadpool's technically not a mutant. :grin:

I think they should do Luke Cage or Black Panther, I want a good black super hero on-screen. *Glares at Hancock*

I don't count Blade as a super hero, because he's half vampire.

Moon Knight could be pretty good too.

Are you only talking about Marvel Black superheroes because Meteor Man, Steel, and Spawn got there own films. And I think Blade can still be consider a superhero because he still has superpowers though he's half Vampire. Wolverine is a mutant, but he's still consider a superhero.

Marvel should really try to get LUKE CAGE going asap. Here's why, EVERY character in their A/B list requires a budget of at least $70-120 mill (or more). Luke is the ONLY character that has a name, a following and has a script that actually ready to go. Also we have 3 contenders (Terry Crews, Michael Jai White and Tyrese) any one of them could handle the role.

Luke Cage can be budgeted at $30-40mill and make a QUICK profit, thus leading to a sequel, an appearance in the avengers or a cameo of iron fist at the end.

When u think about it Luke Cage could make a GREAT weekly t.v. series. It's pretty simple he defends his hood and takes cases for pay and solves the clients problems. You can have many cameos (shield, etc) and longer story lines mixed in with the weekly subplots.

Michael Jai White said he would love to play Luke Cage. I posted the video of him saying that in the Luke Cage casting thread. Cage could be turned into a T.V. series. It could be like Shaft with powers. That's how he was in the MAX series.

Runaways, Luke Cage or Cloak & Dagger would be my choices.

My heart wanted to vote 'other' and suggest Captain Britain - then reality got the better of me - it would make no financial sense whatsoever for Marvel to film a big-budget CB movie. :csad:

Voted for Namor.

Captain Britain should appear in an Captain America sequel.

I think Marvel Studios has a long-standing hiatus and new projects are ceased until further notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"