The Next Generation Console Thread

Arkady Rossovich

Superhero
Reaction score
Which one do you think will be the best console? The Wii (Nintendo),
X-Box 360 (Microsoft), or Playstation3 (sony). Which will dominate?

Give reasons for which console could dominate the rest,as well talk about the gaming genre on the verge of the "Next Generation" gaming power.

I'll do that as soon as you give a good reason why you needed to make this when there are already 500,000 threads on the same ****ing thing :o

I say PS3 and Wii will fight for #1. The PS3 won't do as great as the PS2 due to price and people will still buy it b/c it's Sony and a PS. Nintendo has made some huge steps with the DS and will likely do the same with the Wii. The 360 is a great console, but it lacks Japanese support unlike the Wii and PS3 which have a strong appeal in all markets.

Axid said:
I'll do that as soon as you give a good reason why you needed to make this when there are already 500,000 threads on the same ****ing thing :o
Because thread necromancy is frowned upon.

Anyhow I voted for the 360. Cause someone had too. And it does impress me. Where as Sony only impresses me with it's arrogance. :down And Nintendo only impresses me with it's refusal to accept that the gamming industry has changed. :(

Spidey-Bat said:
I say PS3 and Wii will fight for #1. The PS3 won't do as great as the PS2 due to price and people will still buy it b/c it's Sony and a PS. Nintendo has made some huge steps with the DS and will likely do the same with the Wii. The 360 is a great console, but it lacks Japanese support unlike the Wii and PS3 which have a strong appeal in all markets.

QFT

Nintendo and PS have fan boys that will swallow up whatever scraps they are given, so in that respect they have the advantage...

but in terms of games, 360 by FAR. Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Crackdown, Halo 3, etc....

PS3 will probably win due to the sheer amount of fanboys it has, sadly.

Wii could be great if it turns out to be more than a bit of a gimmick, but I'm not sure if I will have the inclination to play all the games with a controller and expend a lot of energy when game playing is supposed to be relaxing....and playing the games with a controller will be like playing game cube or last gen games. But I'm su re Nintendo also has enough fan boys to see it through.

I hope 360 wins overall, but this time it's closer than ever with so many variables.

Wii impresses me the most. Xbox 360 impresses me the least. I am indifferent towards PS3.

I think launches for both upcoming systems, like the Xbox 360, will be slow at first.

Hardware goes to the PS3, because they're trying waaay too hard, lol.
Generally the 360 because of Live and the Market Place and whatnots.
And the Wii just doesn't really impress me. But I still mayhaps might buy it.

SoooOOOo right now, I voted 360.

the 360 and ps3 will be more powerful than wii. will 3rd parties want to make games with wii's power in mind and scale back the graphics, or will they use ps3 or 360 as the benchmark

Horrorfan said:
Nintendo and PS have fan boys that will swallow up whatever scraps they are given, so in that respect they have the advantage...

but in terms of games, 360 by FAR. Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Crackdown, Halo 3, etc....

PS3 will probably win due to the sheer amount of fanboys it has, sadly.

Wii could be great if it turns out to be more than a bit of a gimmick, but I'm not sure if I will have the inclination to play all the games with a controller and expend a lot of energy when game playing is supposed to be relaxing....and playing the games with a controller will be like playing game cube or last gen games. But I'm su re Nintendo also has enough fan boys to see it through.

I hope 360 wins overall, but this time it's closer than ever with so many variables.

You can be a fanboyish ass at times you know that :o

First of all lets take off those Capcom games you mentioned on account that Capcom will port them to the Playstation 3 when they "underperform" and then say that they were planning to do that from the start of production.

The Playstation 3 has Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Tekken 6, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Resistance: Fall of Man, Assassin's Creed (which will probally get ported to the Xbox 360), the next Ratchet and Clank game, and the next Naughty Dog game. Not to mention it has full backwards compatability with the Playstation and Playstation 2, unlike the Xbox 360. And has connectivity with the Playstation Portable.

The Wii, has the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It has full backwards compatability with the Gamecube and has the ability to download games from the Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, and TurboGrafix 16. The innovative gameplay along with the ability to have traditional gameplay is an added bonus.

hippie_hunter said:
You can be a fanboyish ass at times you know that :o

First of all lets take off those Capcom games you mentioned on account that Capcom will port them to the Playstation 3 when they "underperform" and then say that they were planning to do that from the start of production.

The Playstation 3 has Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Tekken 6, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Resistance: Fall of Man, Assassin's Creed (which will probally get ported to the Xbox 360), the next Ratchet and Clank game, and the next Naughty Dog game. Not to mention it has full backwards compatability unlike the Xbox 360.

Those games are all **** to me. Assasins creed has been officially confirmed for x box 360. But those games are all lame, especially in comparison to Bioshock, Halo 3 and Gears of war and Alan wake. How many of those will ps3 be getting?

You can keep your ''exclusives'' as far as I am concerned, since I couldn't give a rat's testicles about any of them.

Backwards compatibility....great. How many old games will you be playing on your 600 bucks supercomputer? You can get backwards compatability easy with x box live.

People who buy PS3 are complete ******s. Not because of taste, but for opening there mouth and letting sony dump in them, and shows the true stupidty of the fanboy. It's not about gaming tastes, its about letting companies treat you like idiots. But hey, if you act like it, I can't blame them.

You can show them a lesson, or you can suck sony cock. the choice is yours and doesn't effect me either way.

what bothers me is the sheer arrogance that sony has had, more or less ***** slapping us consumers, and some of you STILL go back for more. It makes me angry because it gives them the message its ok to treat us like it. Its got little to do with game quality, even though the games they have exclusive are ****ty and not worth the asking price.

Zomfg teh PSP. :o But actually, I like PS3, Wii, 360 and PSP equally. :up:

Horrorfan said:
Those games are all **** to me. Assasins creed has been officially confirmed for x box 360. But those games are all lame, especially in comparison to Bioshock, Halo 3 and Gears of war and Alan wake. How many of those will ps3 be getting?

You can keep your ''exclusives'' as far as I am concerned, since I couldn't give a rat's testicles about any of them.

Backwards compatibility....great. How many old games will you be playing on your 600 bucks supercomputer? You can get backwards compatability easy with x box live.

People who buy PS3 are complete ******s. Not because of taste, but for opening there mouth and letting sony dump in them, and shows the true stupidty of the fanboy. It's not about gaming tastes, its about letting companies treat you like idiots. But hey, if you act like it, I can't blame them.

You can show them a lesson, or you can suck sony cock. the choice is yours and doesn't effect me either way.

what bothers me is the sheer arrogance that sony has had, more or less ***** slapping us consumers, and some of you STILL go back for more. It makes me angry because it gives them the message its ok to treat us like it. Its got little to do with game quality, even though the games they have exclusive are ****ty and not worth the asking price.

You just called Tekken, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy lame!! :eek::mad:

XwolverineX said:
You just called Tekken, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy lame!! :eek::mad:

Yes.... I did.

I''ll say it louder: THEY ARE LAME :p :up:

Horrorfan said:
Yes.... I did.

I''ll say it louder: THEY ARE LAME :p :up:

Meh, that's your (Fanboyist) opinion. :o:p I still voted 360 no doubt, but I love 'em all. :up:

So far the only console to be released is the 360,its been said to have the strongest graphics of the consoles.But Microsoft is also playing it extremly careful in Japan,since the first X-Box did poorly there.

The PS3 might have the strongest fan base of them all,especially since Nintendo has been quiet with its system as of late.

If Nintendo wants to gain a edge,they will have to break the "Mario" or childish sterotype they have had for the past 10 years.If Mario games are going to be the only games,then there will be trouble.

Mario games have never been the only games on a Nintendo console:o

Xbox 360- It's the only one I'm getting. I just need the games I want for it to be released, then I'll get one

Jourmugand said:
So far the only console to be released is the 360,its been said to have the strongest graphics of the consoles.But Microsoft is also playing it extremly careful in Japan,since the first X-Box did poorly there.

The PS3 might have the strongest fan base of them all,especially since Nintendo has been quiet with its system as of late.

If Nintendo wants to gain a edge,they will have to break the "Mario" or childish sterotype they have had for the past 10 years.If Mario games are going to be the only games,then there will be trouble.

Actually, the PS3 is supposed to have the superior graphics.

XwolverineX said:
Actually, the PS3 is supposed to have the superior graphics.

Wow someone still believes that?Where's the games that look like the Killzone trailer?

How comes that racing game looks drastically different to the cgi footage that Sony ''promised'' was representive of the in game footage?

That is why sony will always win, people, because the gullible will always buy into their corporate crap. It's human nature, and human nature sucks ass.

Horrorfan said:
Wow someone still believes that?Where's the games that look like the Killzone trailer? How comes that racing game looks drastically different to the cgi footage that Sony ''promised'' was representive of the in game footage?That is why sony will always win, people, because the gullible will always buy into their corporate crap. It's human nature, and human nature sucks ass.

My key word was " Supposed " I don't know who will win in Graphics, and I bet the difference will be barely noticeable. But right now, PS3 has the slight proclaimed victory in that category.

XwolverineX said:
My key word was " Supposed " I don't know who will win in Graphics, and I bet the difference will be barely noticeable. But right now, PS3 has the slight proclaimed victory in that category.

So tell me one PS3 game that looks superior to the others in graphics terms....MGS4 looks good, but certainly no better or worse than Gears of War, next gen Splinter Cell, Halo 3 and Bioshock, among others...

Doesn't the PS3 have more processors or something? So it won't really be a visual advantage, more of a content thing I guess.

Master Chief said:
Doesn't the PS3 have more processors or something? So it won't really be a visual advantage, more of a content thing I guess.

Exactly. Maybe two or three more explosions or something. Hardly worth the cash they want from us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"