The Northern & Southern hemisphere Rugby union thread (6 Nations,Super Rugby,sevens)

We drew with the Boks, which means our team is still getting it's combinations sorted - and the Boks have regained some form, full credit to them and Tassie Erasmus.

Without players like McCaw and Carter in the team I think a RWC three-peat is far from assured - who knows, maybe Australia will make a miraculous comeback - and of course Ireland, England and Wales all look good.

I honestly think that RWC should have a similar set up to a 7s tournament with a cup, plate and shield competition - so teams like Romania have something to play for rather than the honour of showing up and getting trounced by top teams or maybe scoring a rare upset and advancing to a quarter final.
Yeah it shows that you can be beaten. It’s good if the World Cup isn’t totally predictable.

Wow! Australia didn't just beat us, 47 -26 is an emphatic win and shows that our defence is not what it should be ( even with a man off the field). Anyone who bites about that Red card should shut up, if we're really as good as we think we are, we should be able to beat Australia while a man down.

What this really means is that Australia are officially back as a legit RWC contender - if they go on to win the cup ( despite all the Folau bull**** ) then that will be one of the biggest team turnarounds in rugby history. Full credit to them for the victory.

Wales may be #1 at the moment but they should be incredibly wary of Australia at the pool stage - true, they beat them in 2011, but if you give an Australian team a sniff at victory they often become unstoppable. I'll be off to put a sneaky fiver on them soon.

Wow! Australia didn't just beat us, 47 -26 is an emphatic win and shows that our defence is not what it should be ( even with a man off the field). Anyone who bites about that Red card should shut up, if we're really as good as we think we are, we should be able to beat Australia while a man down.

What this really means is that Australia are officially back as a legit RWC contender - if they go on to win the cup ( despite all the Folau bull**** ) then that will be one of the biggest team turnarounds in rugby history. Full credit to them for the victory.

Wales may be #1 at the moment but they should be incredibly wary of Australia at the pool stage - true, they beat them in 2011, but if you give an Australian team a sniff at victory they often become unstoppable. I'll be off to put a sneaky fiver on them soon.
Haha. Yes it's a heavy defeat for you. It shows that NZ aren't invulnerable and that the Aussies have a chance, amongst others. I can't wait for the tournament to start!

Argentina score first against South Africa!

Wallabies giving me false RWC hopes again, lol.

South Africa came on strong for the rest of the game. Finishes 46-13. I need to watch this tournament whenever it’s on from now on.

England 21-7 up at the end of the first half against Wales. (Friendly)

Springboks seem to be peaking at the right time,Rassie should of been coach long ago.
Great form going into the tournament. I like that there are quite a few teams who could realistically win or at least get to the semis.

England have got some penetration which is great to see. Wales still fighting though. 24-12 now.

Finishes 33-19 to England. I’ll take that ahead of the World Cup but we should definitely be wary of Wales when it really counts. They still have the beating of us when they get on song.

That was worrying, as only Falateau & Rhys Webb (don't ask) were missing from our strongest 15 there. Maybe question marks over Halfpenny but Liam Williams is one of the best 15's in the world right now and Biggar at 10 instead of Anscombe but not good form going into pre tournament friendlies.

That was worrying, as only Falateau & Rhys Webb (don't ask) were missing from our strongest 15 there. Maybe question marks over Halfpenny but Liam Williams is one of the best 15's in the world right now and Biggar at 10 instead of Anscombe but not good form going into pre tournament friendlies.
Yeah, I was surprised we won with some players out.

Wallabies giving me false RWC hopes again, lol.

Springboks seem to be peaking at the right time,Rassie should of been coach long ago.

Can't rule out either side, as they have both come into RWCs far from favourites and ended up winning.

Didn't even think about the Boks in 2007 until suddenly they were in the final. Nobody thought Aussie would get past us in 2003....until they did !

I would be very happy to see a new champion ( as in someone who hasn't won it already) lift the RWC. It would be good for the global game to see Ireland, France or Wales on the winners podium.

Probably would be good for the future for a new team to win it.

Well, the Black Ferns thumped the Wallaroos 37-8 . Hopefully that sets the theme for tonight's All Blacks rematch with the Wallabies.

Just after halftime and we lead 17 - 0.

The ABs haven't lost at Eden Park in 25 years, looks like that ain't gonna change tonight.

31 - 0 courtesy of a try from Sevu Reece, making his All Black debut. Reece was impressive for the Crusaders, look out world he had arrived.

It's all over NZ 36 Australia 0.

Annhilate
After the 20 point thrashing they gave us last week we respond with a 36 point annihilation. This sets up some epic confrontations to come at RWC 2019. Admittedly the Wallabies had an off day but in the kind of form we showed today I doubt any team could beat us......now the problem is maintaining that form and not having slumps like last week, because if we don't, we've seen what happens.

Wales vs England right now. Will be interesting to see how this one goes after the last match.

It's all over NZ 36 Australia 0.

Annhilate
After the 20 point thrashing they gave us last week we respond with a 36 point annihilation. This sets up some epic confrontations to come at RWC 2019. Admittedly the Wallabies had an off day but in the kind of form we showed today I doubt any team could beat us......now the problem is maintaining that form and not having slumps like last week, because if we don't, we've seen what happens.
Wow, I need to see this match. Crazy that Australia didn’t even get a point.

Great counterattack by Wales for the try when England were down a couple of men. 10-0 near the end of the first half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"