• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World The Offical Spider-man's Vs. Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Goblin.

I love that big John Romita art Spider-man and Green Goblin picture you posted GGVenomSandman! :up:

Match 7 Round 1

Firestar!

firestar.jpg

Vs.

Nova!

AmazingSpider-Man171.jpg

Vs.

Lasher!

300px-Venom_Spawns_%28not_including_carnage%29.jpg

(he's the Green one to all the newbs :ninja: )

VOTE NOW!!

lasher-5(still DAMN!)
Nova-1
Firestar-0

This just proves that symbiotes have a 90% chance of winning each match....

still damn....

And, by the way, It's John Romita Jr.
John Romita Sr.

http://allinblackandwhitefor75cents.blogspot.com/2007/01/spectacular-spider-man-2-marvel.html

1968 I doubt that Romita Jr. was even in the business then....

The first issue (which I don't own as of yet) was in black-and-white, and featured art by Spidey's main artist, John Romita. Apparently, it was not a huge success sales-wise, so Marvel decided to add color to the mix with this issue.

Under a beautiful cover painting by John Romita, this issue features a 58(!)-page story featuring, you guessed it, Spidey facing his #1 foe, The Green Goblin (yes, I said #1 foe; siddown, Octavius).

Too bad, since this is a nice package--a solid, long-form Spidey story by his (IMHO) best creative team--Lee and Romita--with no ads, to boot. Marvel would abandon the magazine format for several years, but when they brought it back, it would be in a far different manner.

:cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back