The Amazing Spider-Man The Offical "We All Love Spider-Man" Thread

Definately echo that sentiment DACMAN. Here's to hoping SM4 will be an experience that we can all enjoy :up:

I'm curious to see how many times I'll see this one in theaters myself. I saw SM1 - 4 times, SM2 - 5 times, and SM3 - 4 times. Hopefully I can get 5 out of this one an d keep my pattern going :oldrazz:

Spider-Man. :heart:

Spider-Man- 4 times
Spider-Man 2- 4 times
Spider-Man 3- 5 times

This week I played both Spider-Man games on PlayStation :up:

The first one was good, I could never get into Enter Electro though...

Funny about that one, Electro isn't even the hardest villain fight. lol

I actually flew to new york (I live in te UK) to watch SM1 as I didn't want to wait a month for it to hit the UK. that's how much I love spidey.
also I didn't hate SM3 I was just disappointed with it.
I freaking geeked out when I saw SM2, I left the cinema saying 'that is the best superhero movie I have ever seen, no way will sam top that'. unfortunately I was right.

That's EXACTLY how I felt. Loved 2, thought there was no way to top it. And I didn't hate 3, I was just very, very, disappointed.

Good thread.

I love Spidey. Here's hoping Spider-Man 4 has awe spiring Spider-Man action scenes, a more confident charming Peter Parker and wise-cracking hero Spider-Man, and a feeling that the film is not water downed.

Just a funny story when I saw Spidey 1, I went to the crappiest theater in Chicago, saw it at midnight with a bunch of homless people it felt like, and at point when the Green Goblin is talking to Spidey on the roof, one guy goes "Man... this is bulls#$%!" and he walked out.

He must have been disgusted with the tone of the film (not to mention the Goblin's costume). It was pretty funny.

I always admire the Goblin fight scenes, the way he disintegrated the suits on the ledge, and the final ass kicking battle Spidey got.

Good thread.

I love Spidey. Here's hoping Spider-Man 4 has awe spiring Spider-Man action scenes, a more confident charming Peter Parker and wise-cracking hero Spider-Man, and a feeling that the film is not water downed.

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

The first one was good, I could never get into Enter Electro though...
The best Spider-Man game was SM2 on the PS2, IMO.

Oh, and I heart Spider-Man. Here's hoping for an awesome SM4. :up:

Remember, no gun fire in this thread so I can say that...

Spider-Man 3 for the PS3/360 is my favorite.

100748-9-2.jpg

1175795609.jpg

spider-man-3-review-20070503093952854.jpg

230_spiderman312_r.jpg

I thought the swinging was the most realistic, the graphics were the best out of all the Spider-Man games, I loved the interative cinema thing, I loved how you could hang upside-down, I loved the combat (nothing beats a pile drive from 5 stories up.) and I loved how the game was chock full of Spider-Man lore. It had the Lizard's origin, Sandman's origin, the Green Goblin's origin, Venom's origin, Kraven, Kingpin, Scorpion AND Rhino. The game had tons and tons of Spider-Man lore. Plus it was really varied in the gameplay department. You could be taking pictures of a UFO for the Bugle in one mission and then be sent out to stop some dirty cops from making money on the side in the next by DeWulf. Who is also a big part of Spider-Man lore.

That's a good topic. Put your Spider-Man games in order from least to most favorite.

Last edited:
^^ Meh, I liked the S-M3 game, but the web-swinging was too slow for me. FUn game though.

Last edited:
Remember, no gun fire in this thread so I can say that...

Spider-Man 3 for the PS3/360 is my favorite.

100748-9-2.jpg

I thought the swinging was the most realistic, the graphics were the best out of all the Spider-Man games, I loved the interative cinema thing, I loved how you could hang upside-down, I loved the combat (nothing beats a pile drive from 5 stories up.) and I loved how the game was chock full of Spider-Man lore. It had the Lizard's origin, Sandman's origin, the Green Goblin's origin, Venom's origin, Kraven, Kingpin, Scorpion AND Rhino. The game had tons and tons of Spider-Man lore. Plus it was really varied in the gameplay department. You could be taking pictures of a UFO for the Bugle in one mission and then be sent out to stop some dirty cops from making money on the side in the next by DeWulf. Who is also a big part of Spider-Man lore.

That's a good topic. Put your Spider-Man games in order from least to most favorite.

YES. :up: the ps2 version was...ok. but the ps3 version = my favorite. WoS was alirhgt, but too repetitive for me.

I liked Web of Shadows for actually having a combat system that felt Spidey-ish, but hopefully they use that concept for a better game somewhere down the line.

I, too, loved alot of the msisions in the S-M3 game. The fights with Sandman, Scorpion, and Rhino are some of the best in the game, if you ask me.

I liked Web of Shadows for actually having a combat system that felt Spidey-ish, but hopefully they use that concept for a better game somewhere down the line.
The combat system for that game was fantastic, if you ask me. The only thing I would have liked for them to add in was to be able to web up enemies like in the S-M2 game. Just a little bit mroe freedom with the webbing. in terms of web-swinging S-M2 (2004) and WoS had fantastic web-swinging. However, I still consider S-M2 (2004) the best Spidey game ever.

^^ Meh, I liked the S-M3 game, but the web-swinging was too slow for me. FUn game though.

I'll give you it seemed slow. But it also seemed the most realistic. I loved how you could controle your jump off a wall run.

The combat system for that game was fantastic, if you ask me. The only thing I would have liked for them to add in was to be able to web up enemies like in the S-M2 game. Just a little bit mroe freedom with the webbing. in terms of web-swinging S-M2 (2004) and WoS had fantastic web-swinging. However, I still consider S-M2 (2004) the best Spidey game ever.

I liked SM2 alot myself, but after going back to it, it seems kind of dated. The combat is pretty simple, the story is really bad, and the graphics are terrible (even for an old XBox game.) The web swinging is still fun, but everything else is pretty dated. I think Ultimate Spider-Man still holds up better than SM2.

and your challenge, IMO my spider-man games go :

SM3 (PS3)
Spider-Man + Venom: MC
Spider-Man + Venom : Seperation Anxiety
Amazing Spider-Man vs. Kingpin
SM2
SM1
Spider-Man
Spider-Man : Enter Electro
Amazing Spider-Man for gameboy (it suckss)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"