The Official 100 Bullets thread

rondroid said:
and was wondering what you guys think of brian azzerellos comics and this one in particular.

100 bullets = the shiznit

Azzerello's Max Cage mini-series = steaming pile of camel shiznit

Loveless = it's aaiiiight

Elijya said:
wait until you get to the third, hammerhead

I'm a pretty big fan of the series, but I feel it has it's faults. It's lost it's focus, gotten so wrapped up in the conspiracy while leaving the original premise (the briefcase) long behind, when it was one of the most fascinating parts of the series. It's not as awesome as I felt it was when it started, but it is still very very good.

and yeah, Cole's a ****ing hardass :up:

I own some original art from the book, actually
I wholeheartedly agree. The conspiracy should always have been left a subplot, an interesting background note, something to be wrapped up within a couple of arcs. The briefcase, and what people choose to do with it, was always the best part of the series.

droogiedroogie2 said:
The conspiracy should always have been left a subplot, an interesting background note, something to be wrapped up within a couple of arcs.

:huh: But the conspiracy is what the book is about...

Has it been confirmed that 100 Bullets will end with issue #100?

droogiedroogie2 said:
I wholeheartedly agree. The conspiracy should always have been left a subplot, an interesting background note, something to be wrapped up within a couple of arcs. The briefcase, and what people choose to do with it, was always the best part of the series.
Always seemed to me like the conspiracy was the main plot of the book, with Graves and the briefcase just a way for him to get close to the families and manipulate them (and other important characters) through innocent, ordinary Joe Schmoes.

Bullseye said:
Has it been confirmed that 100 Bullets will end with issue #100?

As far as I know that was always the plan.

I wasn't aware that was the plan for the comic. Not too long ago I did hear that issue #100 would be the last issue.

I like the conspiracy. The briefcase thing was cool, but a bit random if it was the center of the plot. It's the conspiracy it revolves around.

So, any 100 Bullets fans out there? If you ain't, you should be!! :oldrazz:

So we have reached issue #99, just one more to go! With that, I thought it was about time a thread was made for these truly amazing books. Think of a Quentin Tarantino film made into a comic, you'd have 100 Bullets. It's been a long ol journey and we are closing in on the climax, and what a climax it will be.

Brian Azzarello, like him or not, is one of my favourite writers. Considering he has had all 100 issues planned out from the start, it's no easy task to keep things fresh and interesting for all this time. I love his characterization, each character is so different and unique. And he really seems to get the world he is writing about. To keep a solid level of quality he deserves some major props. I love Eduardo Risso's art as well. Drawing for all 100 issues and keeping the same consistency is no easy task and I just love his style. I would like to pay tribute to them. :up:

I started this thread so fans or even people who haven't got into it yet can come and discuss their favourite parts or ask for more info about it.

I'm collecting the trades. I've read the first three and they were excellent.

Merged with a couple other 100 Bullets threads that were floating around and moved it to the correct forum, since 100 Bullets is published by DC's Vertigo imprint.

I was reading it in trades but I was short on cash after the fourth one, I think, so I stopped and never started back up. Now I'm just waiting for the series to finish at #100 and the final trade to come out before I start up again, since I have a habit of reading series or watching TV shows straight through from beginning to end obsessively. I don't want to start reading the trades again now and come up to a gap while I wait for the final trade to be released in a month or two.

Merged with a couple other 100 Bullets threads that were floating around and moved it to the correct forum, since 100 Bullets is published by DC's Vertigo imprint.

I was reading it in trades but I was short on cash after the fourth one, I think, so I stopped and never started back up. Now I'm just waiting for the series to finish at #100 and the final trade to come out before I start up again, since I have a habit of reading series or watching TV shows straight through from beginning to end obsessively. I don't want to start reading the trades again now and come up to a gap while I wait for the final trade to be released in a month or two.

Nobody asked you that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"