The official save RALPH DIBNY thread

Elongated Man

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok, guys just here me out. I bought issue #2 of "52" today, and OMG Dibny was potrayed as an official bad ass when it came to detective skills. Proving he wasn't the only high class one next to the likes of THE QUESTION AND BATMAN, or even other people like Nightwing. :o I'm really really, really hoping DC doesn't kill off my favorite character of all time, for I will be internally pissed if that happens. Thankyou.

Now please contribute to this thread fellas. :( :(

Sorry to say this buddy but I want him dead why you say because I like all the other players of 52 better and if any of them die I will be sad but if EM dies well no shirt off my back.

I like Elongated Man. It's bad enough that they killed Sue Dibny (although Identity Crisis was a great story).

deathshead2 said:
Sorry to say this buddy but I want him dead why you say because I like all the other players of 52 better and if any of them die I will be sad but if EM dies well no shirt off my back.

No way, I doubt it's going to be him. I want him to survive and end up with the new League damnit!!!:(

I like Elongated Man. It's bad enough that they killed Sue Dibny (although Identity Crisis was a great story).

With 52 I think they're going to reverse the process, and I think you can imagine how that makes me feel.. :mad:

Hmm..Well I was dissapointed with the way they had him in #1...however I loved how they portrayed him in #2.

I hope they keep him around. :up:

Cause it's so dissapointing when someone wants to kill themself after having their wife murdered by his friends wife and his house destroyed. He should have just moved on and been perfectly fine with it.

Having the strength to not pull the trigger should of made you people happy, but no, if a super hero has some human frailties it's bad writing.

Sue Dibney is dead? Why do people act like they care. When is the last time she actually appeared in a comic before then? When did the 'Ralph and Sue Dibney' comic sell out?

Same with Blue Beetle. It was just a bunch of people recalling how great of a slapstick team Booster and Beetle were back in the day until Ted died. Now it's a travesty that DC was stupid enough to kill one of their greatest characters.

If you showed the slightest interest ahead of time, they would have never killed these characters. And it is equally ridiculous that people are crying over spilt milk.

When characters die, you're not supposed to cry about how they died, especially when it is so tastefully done in the case of Sue or Ted. So they're not going to publish any more stories about the particular character unless they are brought back from the dead. People obviously didn't care enough about the character to keep them alive. Death is their way of going out with a bang.

You can like a character enough not to want them to die, without liking them enough to want to spend money on their book.

There is plenty of characters I don't want to die. But will I cry foul if they do bite the dust? Heck no.

I didn't want Ted Kord to die, but there was nothing I could do about it, and in the context of the story I was pleased that he was put out to pasture in this way. The story of his death was far more intriguing than having him sit in the background or used as filler.

i liked Ted's death, it was an extremely well written story and had a huge affect on the other superheroes, to reverse something like that would be risiculous, especially now that they have a new Blue Beetle that is great.

and who do i think is going to die during 52?
i hope it's Steel, i never really liked the character, but i have a feeling it is going to be Booster, after seeing the cover for #15.

Excuse me, dude...but I CARE. Sue was a part of my favorite JLA era, so there's your answer.

Their deaths were both VERY well done, but don't expect me to eat them and go "mmmmmm, tasty character death". I'm still SAD that they died. I'm only MAD when a character dies like a beeyotch, like Hawkeye.

Purple Man said:
Cause it's so dissapointing when someone wants to kill themself after having their wife murdered by his friends wife and his house destroyed. He should have just moved on and been perfectly fine with it.

Wow, touchy much?

The only reason I didn't like the way they had him in issue #1 was because it seemed to undermine the end of Identity Crisis.

There was a huge long discussion about this when the previews hit.

Having the strength to not pull the trigger should of made you people happy, but no, if a super hero has some human frailties it's bad writing.

No one in this thread said it was bad writing. In fact we didn't say anything bad about the writing at all.

Purple Man said:
There is plenty of characters I don't want to die. But will I cry foul if they do bite the dust? Heck no.

I didn't want Ted Kord to die, but there was nothing I could do about it, and in the context of the story I was pleased that he was put out to pasture in this way. The story of his death was far more intriguing than having him sit in the background or used as filler.
When BB died I had no idea who he was except for a comic relief or something but after awhile I started to respect him neat charactor to bad I never enjoyed any of his stories before he died.But he died like a hero which is great.:up:

Isn't somebody possibly dieing early in 52?

5752_180x270.jpg

DC website said:
It's the death you never expected in WEEK 15, featuring art by Shawn Moll and Tom Nguyen! Plus, the origin of Metamorpho by Waid and Eric Powell (The Goon)!

The cover certainly seems to indicate that Booster will get pwned by Supernova. Kind of makes you wonder what kind of "hero" Supernova's really gonna turn out to be. :o

my money is that supernova is the one screwing with things makeing skeets give out bad intel

Maybe Supernova is another Booster Gold. The hero he was always meant to become. Possibly they fight over what a joke the current Booster Gold is.

Just an idea. I've heard crazier.

Super Nova could also be the Red Inferno T.O.Morrow was talking about.

Purple Man said:
Super Nova could also be the Red Inferno T.O.Morrow was talking about.
I thought of that. "Inferno" does have an energy connotation. If Supernova has flame-based powers, I'm betting we'll have our answer right there.

What's the big deal if Booster Gold gets killed?

They will just bring back another Booster from a previous point in time.

In Detective Comics #818, he's referred to as "unavailable." That doesn't necessarily mean that he could be dead post OYL, merely that his focus is elsewhere. I'd hope that it wouldn't be him they're killing off, his characterization in issue #2 of 52 was well done. I liked that fact that he considered himself an old fashioned detective in today's world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"