The Official 24: Day 7 Thread /spoilers/

How would they have been able to use Africa in the 24 structure ?:huh:

Plus where did we find out that S6 was set in 2013 ?

I like that it's up in the air,the idea of Washington and the story attached seemed a bit average and all the characters coming back seemed to waste the opportunity the end of last season presented to start fresh,so glad it was fake.

That was the whole point I guess to reinvent 24. Jack can take on some dictator from some unamed country.

Wikipedia with evidence! is where we find out what year the past season took place. The writers don't reveal dates and years just the gap between seasons. No actual date was given, its a mess just sit back and enjoy. Its a rought estimate, viewers have used brief dates that have appeared on screen and the election cycle to come to a date.

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Drama Series

24 · Fox · Imagine Television & 20th Century Fox Television in association with Realtime Productions Jean Smart, Jean Smart as Martha Logan

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series

24 · Fox · Imagine Television & 20th Century Fox Television in association with Realtime Productions Kiefer Sutherland, Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer

Outstanding Music Composition For A Series (original Dramatic Score)

24 · Fox · Imagine Television & 20th Century Fox Television in association with Realtime Productions Sean Callery, Composer

Outstanding Sound Editing For A Series

24 · 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM · Fox · Imagine Television & 20th Century Fox Television in association with Realtime Productions Sound Editing, sound Editing Nominees TBD

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series (one-hour)

24 · 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM · Fox · Imagine Television & 20th Century Fox Television in association with Realtime Productions Bill Gocke, Production Mixer Jeff Gomillion, ADR MIxer Kenneth Kobett, Supervising Re-Recording Mixer Michael Olman, Supervising Re-Recording Mixer

Outstanding Stunt Coordination

24 · 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM · Fox · Imagine Television & 20th Century Fox Television in association with Realtime Productions Jeff Cadiente, Stunt Coordinator

After winning Best Drama last year, they aren't nominated this year. There was a leaked list that had 10 nominees for each category and 24 made that but with the season it had and the strong seasons other shows had it wasn't going to happen. Some great shows never get nominated or win but I'm sure this will motivate them more, whether it produces the right results we'll see. Sutherland nabs his sixth straight nomination, he won last year.

That was the whole point I guess to reinvent 24. Jack can take on some dictator from some unamed country.

Wikipedia with evidence! is where we find out what year the past season took place. The writers don't reveal dates and years just the gap between seasons. No actual date was given, its a mess just sit back and enjoy. Its a rought estimate, viewers have used brief dates that have appeared on screen and the election cycle to come to a date.

So the whole season was gonna be shot in Africa ? the way it read i figured it was only some of the season which would have messed with the time structure.

Hahaha i never try that hard but thanks for the info:up:

BTW do you know where i can see the attempted escape from China that they supposedly shot as a bridge between season 5 and 6 ?

Found it:up:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=22342

Jones is 24's New President
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
July 21, 2007

jones24.jpg
Cherry Jones has been appointed president on the upcoming season of "24," says The Hollywood Reporter.

Jones has come on board the real-time thriller, the first major casting addition to the show's upcoming seventh season.

"24" producers had been contemplating having a female president next season for some time.

Production of the 20th Century Fox TV/Imagine TV-produced "24" was recently delayed until August when a set-in-Africa storyline fell through and the producers went back to the drawing board.

Jones' feature credits include Ocean's Twelve and The Village.

So now 3 of Fox's biggest shows - 24, The Simpsons, Prison Break have ALL elected female presidents.

So now 3 of Fox's biggest shows - 24, The Simpsons, Prison Break have ALL elected female presidents.

she wasn't actually elected.

but yeah, I can see Jones doing well in the role, but I still wish we'd keep away from the political storylines this year and focuse more on character and action.

From TV Squad

24 director Jon Cassar and producer/writers David Fury, Evan Katz and Manny Coto fielded an hour's worth of questions from Comic-Con attendees and fans. I've posted some of their insights after the jump in case any of them might be construed as spoiler-esque in spirit.
- CTU will be disbanded by the government at the start of Season 7. Jack will be hauled in front of a Senate Committee to explain his actions over the past several seasons. The show, itself, will be set in Washington DC and not Los Angeles.

- While it wasn't filmed, there was an alternate ending to Season 6 discussed. It ended with Jack walking away from the cliff and hearing a voice. "Jack, we have a lot to talk about." Jack turns, and who should he see, but Tony Almeda - alive and well. The panel reminded us that unless we have seen someone dead, deader than a doornail, they very well may not be.

- While a 24 movie won't be made until the television show is complete, one of the devices they considered using for it was making the first hour of the movie in movie time, and the second half in real time. As in, something would set off the clock in the second half. They may not go with this structure, but it was put on the table.

- They thought once or twice about filming a prequel, but realized that the show's drama is dependent on putting people in grave danger. Since we know Jack lives, it just wouldn't be much fun.

- Josh is not Jack's son, but they did consider making him Phillip's son. They decided against it because it made them feel icky. Me, too.

- There are no immediate plans to bring Chase back.

- Peter Weller (Christopher) talked himself out of being killed off before Tony and even talked himself into way more episodes than he was originally intended to be in.

- The fan phone kept on director Jon Cassar's desk will be turned back on in January. Don't leave a message.

she wasn't actually elected.

This makes her the first female president to be elected. Both Presidents in Commander in Chief and Prison Break had to step down due to health issues. Just letting you know for that 2000s Television Trivial Pursuit question 10 years from now.

From TV Squad

24 director Jon Cassar and producer/writers David Fury, Evan Katz and Manny Coto fielded an hour's worth of questions from Comic-Con attendees and fans. I've posted some of their insights after the jump in case any of them might be construed as spoiler-esque in spirit.
- CTU will be disbanded by the government at the start of Season 7. Jack will be hauled in front of a Senate Committee to explain his actions over the past several seasons. The show, itself, will be set in Washington DC and not Los Angeles.

This sounds positive IMO

This makes her the first female president to be elected. Both Presidents in Commander in Chief and Prison Break had to step down due to health issues. Just letting you know for that 2000s Television Trivial Pursuit question 10 years from now.

As I've referred to above;

482px-Bart_to_the_Future.png

...I knew that. :o

Its just shady timing with the whole Clinton thing.. it feels like some kind of underlying democrat propaganda.

Besides this revolving door of new presidents is getting old.

From TV Squad

That should make for an awesome scene.

I'm glad they are not doing the whole 12 hour skip for him to get from Africa back to America.

Its just like 9/11 every 2-3 years.

Exactly. It is an alternate universe where 9/11 happens on a pretty regular basis. Could you imagine what the political vaccum would be like? Of course there would be a practical revolving door of presidents.

As for your comments on a female president, I hardly think it is propaganda, especially since this woman is probably Republican considering she likely ran against either President Wayne Palmer (Democrat) or Vice-President Noah Daniels (Democrat)

I dont know about that. She could have been the successive democrat candidate.

I think Wayne Palmer would have retired all things considered if he survived....and Noah Daniels realized he wasnt fit for the presidency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"