The Official 24: Day 7 Thread /spoilers/

Exactly. It is an alternate universe where 9/11 happens on a pretty regular basis. Could you imagine what the political vaccum would be like? Of course there would be a practical revolving door of presidents.

As for your comments on a female president, I hardly think it is propaganda, especially since this woman is probably Republican considering she likely ran against either President Wayne Palmer (Democrat) or Vice-President Noah Daniels (Democrat)

I dont know about that. She could have been the successive democrat candidate.

I think Wayne Palmer would have retired all things considered if he survived....and Noah Daniels realized he wasnt fit for the presidency.

We don't know if Wayne regained the presidency. A strong female candidate could take on Daniels.

Question: Comic-Con has started some crazy rumors on possible character returns for 24. Tony might (again) be alive! Any news of that sort on your end?— Jordan

Ausiello: I'll tell ya, these Tony resurrection rumors just won't die. Ba-dum-bum. According to my 24 mole, producers briefly toyed with the idea of making Tony the Big Bad of Season 7, but that plot was scrapped. I know this because reliable sources say the show recently reached out to Gary Oldman to play Day 7's evil genius.

Source: Ask Ausiello

I read somewhere else (don't remember where exactly) that Oldman turned it down so... not so awesome.

Just a reason why Oldman said no.

Gary Oldman turns down '24' role

Monday, August 6 2007, 21:55 BST

By Daniel Kilkelly

Gary Oldman has turned down a role in the new season of 24.

The English actor, who most recently appeared as Sirius Black in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, was being lined up to play a villain in the seventh season of the terrorist drama.

A source told the Daily Star: "He's a big fan but didn't want to commit to the daily grind of filming it."

24 returns to US screens in January next year. Fans can expect a "major re-creation" following criticism of the show's sixth season.

We don't know if Wayne regained the presidency. A strong female candidate could take on Daniels.

Just a reason why Oldman said no.

Monday, August 6 2007, 21:55 BST

By Daniel Kilkelly

Gary Oldman has turned down a role in the new season of 24.

The English actor, who most recently appeared as Sirius Black in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, was being lined up to play a villain in the seventh season of the terrorist drama.

A source told the Daily Star: "He's a big fan but didn't want to commit to the daily grind of filming it."

24 returns to US screens in January next year. Fans can expect a "major re-creation" following criticism of the show's sixth season.

That's a real shame. While I'm sure I'll still tune in come January, for the first time since I started watching the show I am not anticipating the new season like I did past ones. If Gary was cast as the villain that would have officially sent my excitement levels for this season through the roof. At least they are trying new things. If there was no real indication the season would go down a different path from the last six seasons I may have chosen to just wait for the DVD. At least the crew is aware the last season was a let down.

That's a real shame. While I'm sure I'll still tune in come January, for the first time since I started watching the show I am not anticipating the new season like I did past ones. If Gary was cast as the villain that would have officially sent my excitement levels for this season through the roof. At least they are trying new things. If there was no real indication the season would go down a different path from the last six seasons I may have chosen to just wait for the DVD. At least the crew is aware the last season was a let down.

I agree, last season totally did not get my hopes up for the future of 24. But it isnt going to stop me from tuning in every monday night.

Production Delays Plague '24'
Kiefer Sutherland drama still expected to premiere in January

August 16, 2007

The producers of FOX's "24" are having a hard time getting this season's clock started.

For the second time this summer the production start date for the seventh season of "24" has been pushed back due to creative tinkering.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, shooting on the new "24" season was expected to begin on Aug. 27, but is being moved to Sept. 10 as writers scramble to complete a certain number of scripts.

At Comic-Con last month, producers admitted that the season's initial storyline -- rumored to take place largely in Africa -- fell through, a decision that initially moved the show's production start from late July to late August.

At the fan convention, the show's team admitted that they were attempting to correct some of the problems that plagued the lackluster sixth season of the Kiefer Sutherland-centric drama, specifically the repetition of certain season-to-season plot elements. The biggest change revealed at the time was that Los Angeles would no long be the center of the "24" action, with most events moving to Washington, D.C. In addition, the season would take place without CTU, at least not as an official government-sanctioned agency. It's unclear if those plans are still in the cards.

By this time last year, "24" was announcing guest stars at a rate of two or three a week, but the only new cast member announced so far has been Cherry Jones, playing the president of the United States.

As of now, "24" is still on target for its scheduled January premiere.

This makes me happy. I am glad they are spending time on scripts and not simply revamping ideas from previous seasons ala Season 6. I am glad they are not resorting to guest stars of the week and instead ensuring their scripts are as strong as possible no matter how much time it takes. It really gives me hope for the coming season :up:

So I just read that this season Janeane Garofalo is joining the cast as a regular and there's gonna be a female president...

I'm wondering how the conservative side of the 24 audience will react to this.

This makes me happy. I am glad they are spending time on scripts and not simply revamping ideas from previous seasons ala Season 6. I am glad they are not resorting to guest stars of the week and instead ensuring their scripts are as strong as possible no matter how much time it takes. It really gives me hope for the coming season :up:

Well the problem with guest stars is they went no where... They had Regina King, who I think is great... Yet she did absolutely nothing... They had the Assad Character, did absolutely nothing.. and teh list goes on...

Well the problem with guest stars is they went no where... They had Regina King, who I think is great... Yet she did absolutely nothing... They had the Assad Character, did absolutely nothing.. and teh list goes on...

Assad was actually a great character... wasted, but great.

So I just read that this season Janeane Garofalo is joining the cast as a regular and there's gonna be a female president...

I'm wondering how the conservative side of the 24 audience will react to this.

lol, and they are a lot

One of the first storylines of what hopefully is the final version of the four hour premiere.

One of the storylines of Season 7 will revolve around the death of the First Son, Roger. His death was classified as a suicide but his father, Henry, believes it was murder and wants to prove it. [Source: TV Squad]

This I liked. It brings it back to the Palmer storyline of season one where something personal is happening to the politician and not a terrorist threat. The son's death will probably be connected to whatever is going on with Jack, who is in D.C.

And a character returns

Bill is back! On the actor's website he mentioned he wouldn't be returning at the start of the season and then updated saying things have changed and the character will be at the start of the season and is excited to return

By ANN MARIE MCQUEEN, SUN MEDIA

Garofalo to fight terror on 24

Janeane Garofalo was as shocked as anyone to learn she was cast on the upcoming season of Fox's real-time counter-terrorism drama 24.

Garofalo was in an Ottawa suburb shooting made-for-television movie Binky when the news broke yesterday. The

42-year-old actress and comedienne has been an outspoken critic of the Iraq War. That she was hired on the right-leaning 24 is, she jokes, "much to my chagrin."

"That's why I feel like I'm being punked," she told Sun Media. "I feel like the creators are going to make me say things that cause my sphincter to tighten."

Producers are retooling for the seventh season of 24, adding Broadway actress Cherry Jones as the new president, and Rhys Coiro, who plays an eccentric independent film director on HBO's Entourage.

Garofalo says she and Coiro's characters will work closely together on a counter-terrorism task force. But she has no idea whether they turn out to be good or bad guys.

"They don't tell you in the long term," she said, "because they don't want it to affect how you might behave."

On Sunday, Garofalo checked out 1,000 people gathered on Parliament Hill to protest the arrival of U.S. President George W. Bush and Mexican President Felipe Calderon for the Security and Prosperity Partnership meetings.

"Seems like there's always a protest against George Bush, and rightly so," she said yesterday.

Garofalo can currently be heard as French-accented Colette in the animated hit film Ratatouille.

Chat with D.B. Woodside on the disappointing season of 24.

IGN TV: It would probably be a bit difficult at the moment schedule-wise, but do you think you might pop up on 24 again at some point?

Woodside: This is what I'm telling people; this is what I'm allowed to say. Anybody who watches 24 knows that the characters of 24 constantly kind of go away, maybe for a year, come back, go away, come back - unless they're dead. So what I can say is that Wayne Palmer does not die. That's what I can say, is he's not dead, so we'll see. We'll see what happens.

IGN TV: What did you think when you found out you were getting the big promotion to president last season?

Woodside: You know what, in the beginning I thought that was great. I found out like last April or May. I think that I wish that the writers and the creator had kind of stuck with the character that we had created in the previous two seasons. I thought a little bit like they were almost giving me a new character at the beginning of this year, simply because he was president. I think that they were probably somewhat nervous, and to be candid, it didn't work. And I think that as writers they know that -- as an actor, I sure as hell knew that -- and that both of us kind of dug an impossible hole that the writers and myself spent a good part of the year trying to climb out of. I think unfortunately, for most of the season, it was… I don't think it was bad, I just think it was disappointing. But I do think that the last three episodes that Wayne Palmer was in, before he went down for the final time, they went back to the Wayne Palmer that people know, the Wayne Palmer that people love; the fighter. The guy who's scrappy. The guy who can be intimidating and is somewhat volatile. I just wish they had started off the season with that guy. I think it would have been a lot more interesting to see what he would have done as president, versus almost like it was a brand new character, and the writing kind of had him being somewhat nervous and unsure of himself. Any true fan of 24 that watched Season 3 or Season 5 knows that Wayne Palmer is not that way. So I think that's what was a little kind of troublesome for a lot of people this year, on the president side, but we did the best we could.

IGN TV: I loved in Season 5 when you were out on missions with Jack.

Woodside: That was fantastic, that was fantastic! That was incredible.

IGN TV: The funny thing was you kind of disappeared near the end of Season 5, and I know people were trying to figure it out and making jokes like "Is he sleeping at Buchanan's house or what?"

Woodside: That's funny, because that was actually a simple thing where they wanted to bring me back, and I was already actually contracted to do something else. They wanted to bring me back for the final episode of Season 5.

IGN TV: I imagine it must have been a lot of fun to get to do those action scenes in Season 5.

Woodside: It was incredible, it was incredible. I mean it's hard, because last year was such a disappointment for me, because number one, I'm such a fan of the show, and number two, the other two years on the show I had the time of my life. So to go from something that was incredible to something that was just not working and something that was problematic was really frustrating, but that happens sometimes, and you just try to role with it. And like I said, I personally don't think it was a disaster, but I do think it was disappointing, and so I think that was hard for all of us. But I think that those guys are going to come out blazing next season and they're gonna have a great year, and I wish them well.

Is it true that this series will end soon?

Oh, ok. Two more seasons is fine with me.

Are they actually on schedule with day 7? 24 usually starts in Jan, yet i haven't heard anything about filming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"