Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Guerrilla, Jul 23, 2013.
I think we have to wait for SDCC 2014 for some first Pictures...
I just finished this series.
Hope you guys like them!
Very nice set.
Wow that's good
Just because I think this thread gets more activity than the IM3 one -
My Iron Man 3 fan art... Well, it's more fan art for the Iron Man 3 trailer more than the movie. It took longer than I usual, because I'd never drawn Iron Man before, yet alone all those various armours. Tough stuff, but I'm proud of the way it turned out. I don't know if you can see it on the poor quality photo (phone pic) but the glove he's wearing is part of the armour behind him, trying to hint at Tony's connection/over reliance on his suits. Hope you like.
Who can't wait for this film?
Here's a manip I did with some of the recent casting & location news, as well as a few rumors and speculations. Right-click - View Image for full-size! I doubt all of these characters will be in the film, but I decided to "go big" and throw in most everything. It's meant to be reminiscent of the full-page comic layouts where you have whole teams full of characters facing off against each other.
- I don't know who created the Ultron head manip, or I'd give them credit. But they did a fantastic job, and I hope they don't mind me borrowing it.
- I mostly tried to go with recent Phase II depictions of the characters when possible. One exception is Iron Man, because it was hard to find a shot of the Mk 42 doing anything other than sitting around on a couch. Also, I couldn't find a well-posed shot of Cap's second CATWS suit (the one with the red stripes) or I'd have used that.
- There were rumors of Rhodey being in this, so I threw in Iron Patriot. I threw in Falcon because I was feeling extra-generous, and he looks awesome taking to the sky behind everyone else. Not sure either of these will have large roles (if any) in the film. Not shown is Vision, because I'm not sure how that would even be done; maybe recolor IP to be green and gold?
- Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are on they villain side, along with Von Strucker, since they probably will start out that way. Crossbones has also been rumored to be in this. I threw in Abomination just to balance out the Hulk (and there were rumors of a jail-break sequence...).
- I deliberately placed Fury between the Heroes and Villains, to represent SHIELD's possible role in creating Ultron, and their potential moral ambiguity.
- When I added the Quinjet, it's twin red lights reminded me of Ultron's eye's so I made it look like Ultron is remote-controlling it to attack the Avengers. (I now very much hope that this will happen! Assuming they actually have any Quinjets left when Cap finishes with them in CATWS)
- The very recent news of the Fortress location was just too good to not include it. Originally, the backdrop was just going to just be a random destroyed city picture that I found online.
glad this section is picking up again. i made an ultron in blender3d. added some particles and made a gif. 2 version. just mouth variants
same ultron i made in blender3d just ran it through a different render process. looks better
made some changes to the ears. and added top teeth. ultron
new design i used. the other ones i used a mouse to move around verts. these i used a sculpting mode in blender. used a wacom pen. still doing work on the neck, gonna be wire looking, like the throat. just an update.
looks like melted lava. haha,
The first one was better
Not bad, just wish My laptop could use those.
yea my laptop can't handle much sculpting so detail is limited. but blender has some cool effects. that same image i can use a different light source and get a different result. like this one. same ultron just with a spotlight instead of various light sources.
this one i added more neck
I just wish Sketch up had texture effects like blender does.
Hey, no problem; I appreciate your honesty (would've been even better with constructive ideas for improvement). Anyway, I had hours of fun working on it in my limited amount of free time, and just wanted share it with others. The size of this cast just boggles my mind!
I made a new manip last night of what Vision might look like, using the conceit that Ultron uploads a copy of Coulson's consciousness (created during his resurrection) into a robotic body based the Mk 42. I don't actually think this will happen, but I wanted to see what it would look like. I can't upload it now (from work), but maybe when I get home tonight.
He called for it.
I'd just like to say a big thank you to all the artists and manip makers who create images for us to enjoy. I tried to photoshop a cover for my NaNo book… needless to say, it was not good.
I admire all your skills and imagination to bring these characters and movies to visual life before we start getting official images from the studio. And even then, when more manips and pics are created for these characters. I can't get enough!
You all rock!
Aw, thanks Suzanne!
Here's my Vision attempt... It's a wildly speculative "what-if" scenario, and I don't see it happening, but I attempt to stay true to what we've seen in the MCU so far, and incorporate a popular fan theory.
The idea here is that, as a more-grounded, MCU-based alternative to phasing, Vision is based off of the Mk 42, so his "superpower" is to break into individual pieces that can fly around independently and re-assemble. I know, it's not quite the same, but it's the best I could figure out, using pre-existing MCU tech.
The second idea is that when Coulson was resurrected, perhaps SHIELD kept a digital copy of his brain patterns, in a form that Ultron can upload into the Mk 42 Vision's body. In addition, Ultron recreates the faceplate to look like Coulson, using advanced facial animatronics.
The question is why would Ultron do something like that? The only thing I can come up with is that he wants to haunt Tony with a horrible vision of his former friend, hoping that it induces his PTSD...
That's my best theory for how you would go about incorporating Vision into the MCU, and here's what it might look like:
Ahhhh! That looks really awesome.
A request: could you try doing one with Paul Bettany's face on it? With the latest rumor making rounds now, I'd love more Bettany-as-Vision manips.
LOL! I seriously, did not see that latest rumor before I posted this (I actually made it last night,). How timely! I'll give it a try!
That's pretty good Man keep up the good work.
So even as I was doubtfully posting my speculative red/green/gold Coulson-Vision, credible rumors are breaking that there will be a white Bettany-Vision. A few tweaks later and voila!
Note, I kept the real eyes because, the fact that they're looking at white face powders suggests they'll keep it practical. Also couldn't really take the suit color to full-white without wiping out the background, so this is a compromise between the green and the white.
(Edit: I'm not sure I like the color scheme I used here, but I'm sure Marvel will make it look 100x better!)
Ooooh! Nifty! Great work, cph9fa!
Keep 'em coming.
Good job!! althought I don't like vision to be Iron Man's other suit I mean he's an android, right?