Civil War The Official Black Panther Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
17omWe25.jpg

Florence Kasumba (woman on left) is credited as "Security Chief" on IMDB, so I think it pretty much confirms the Dora Milaje

Also, notice the license plate

BT-CP

Black T'Challa Panther

They really need to put Lupita in here. Play something other than a CG character already.

Lupita for Shuri but for Ramonda definitely Angela Bassett

My quick review

Christ ALMIGHTY!!

Just finished seeing civil war!

Best comic book movie ever! That's it. Simple.

The story, the action the emotional last 20 minutes. I can't even process adequately what I just watched.

This film was brutal and insanely entertaining. This is NOT Avengers 2.5. This is very much a captain America film and it was beyond glorious.

Black Widow's fight in Lagos was INSANE and surprised me how good it was, Cap and Iron Man went balls deep, Spider-Man was ****ing fantastic, easily the best cinematic incarnation of the character ever and my guy, King T'Challa/Black Panther...damn, he was bloody superb, he had that elevated sense of presence and monarchical authority and the way he fought...jeeeeez! Catching this again tomorrow!

Oh and wait till y'all see a brief scene of the outside of Wakanda and the huge ass Panther statue. That was the most grizzly looking Panther ever. Definitely made to intimidate and scare the hell out of people.

Last edited:
They really need to put Lupita in here. Play something other than a CG character already.

Exactly. Hollywood really seems to be clueless putting such a beautiful actress behind CGI creatures.

Man, Black Panther was the **** in this movie. I can't get over how despite he's literally vengeance incarnate, he still manages to exude regalness and control. I don't remember him raising his voice even once. Very unique amongst the other heroes.

My quick review

Christ ALMIGHTY!!

Just finished seeing civil war!

Best comic book movie ever! That's it. Simple.

The story, the action the emotional last 20 minutes. I can't even process adequately what I just watched.

This film was brutal and insanely entertaining. This is NOT Avengers 2.5. This is very much a captain America film and it was beyond glorious.

Black Widow's fight in Lagos was INSANE and surprised me how good it was, Cap and Iron Man went balls deep, Spider-Man was ****ing fantastic, easily the best cinematic incarnation of the character ever and my guy, King T'Challa/Black Panther...damn, he was bloody superb, he had that elevated sense of presence and monarchical authority and the way he fought...jeeeeez! Catching this again tomorrow!

Oh and wait till y'all see a brief scene of the outside of Wakanda and the huge ass Panther statue. That was the most grizzly looking Panther ever. Definitely made to intimidate and scare the hell out of people.

Does Widow fight Crossbones at all?

Yes. [BLACKOUT]He knocks her around too and then seals her off in a tank with a grenade locked inside.[/BLACKOUT]

[blackout]Yeah, that was a cold move from CB, fortunately it wasn't one of those detonate in 1.5 seconds grenades[/blackout].

Black Panther fights Buck clip!

[YT]watch?v=KPDqb45P2Mg[/YT]

Black Panther fights Buck clip!

[YT]watch?v=KPDqb45P2Mg[/YT]

Holy crap, I definitely see what the Russo's meant when they said Panther moves differently than any other character in the movie. He fights like a legit martial artist, it doesn't look as choreographed as other characters when they fight.

Black Panther fights and moves like a big cat.

Just in that brief snippet I saw bits of Taekwondo and Muay Thai

One of the best part of the movie along with Spidey.

Though im not that familiar with this character, but i liked Black Panther!
Very cool when he is in the costume, and very royal when he presented himself as T'Challa.

One little touch I loved is that, whenever he leaps from a height and lands on his feet, he never makes a sound.

Boseman is a phenomenal actor, he really embodied the character with such organic ease. As someone with African parents (Nigerian) it was easy to see the nuances employed in his performance as a character dripping with African nobility. His performance with John Kani (T'Chaka) as little as it was was poignant and full of depth. Also, Boseman gave BP this dignified ferocity on his pursuit for vengeance and it was crazy the amount of times he came so close to killing Bucky.

Black Panther stole the show for me, he was brilliant just amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"