The Official Black Widow Casting Threads

BT18

Superhero
Reaction score
I'd like some suggestions before I do a poll. I actually came up with alot of ideas . But people probably have some others. We don't know how old the character is going to be. But anyway here are a bunch of actresses in alphabetical order. Many of them came from suggestions at IMDB and from the "stax report" at IGN. Sorry if I've taken the liberty of excluding people I don't ever think would agree to star in a 2nd string character Marvel movie from a first time director (David Hayter) like Charlize Theron and Angelina Jolie. Cameron Diaz is the only A+ list star I included because unlike those I just mentioned, she's yet to try a solo female action chick movie. Jolie already has with Tomb Raider and Charlize is with Aeon Flux. I also excluded people they reccomended or some might reccomend who wouldn't be considered traditionally hot enough to star in the movie (Franka Potente, Cate Blanchett, Naomi Watts with dark hair)

anyway here's my list. There are only 25 choices but I'm sure people will suggest some that are better than some of these. Anyway....

Mischa Barton 18
Jessica Biel 22
Kate Bosworth 21
Jordana Brewster 24
Brooke Burns 26
Cameron Diaz 32
Eliza Dushku 24
Carmen Electra 32
Katherine Heigl 25
Katie Holmes 25
Scarlett Johansson 19
Milla Jovovich 28
Kristanna Loken 24
Josie Maran 26
Eva Mendes 30
Alyssa Milano 32
Bridget Moynahan 33
Jaime Pressly 27
Denise Richards 33
Rebecca Romijn-Stamos 31
Izabella Scorupco 34
Amy Smart 28
Kim Smith 21
Uma Thurman 34
Liv Tyler 27

Blackwidow.jpg

Here's how I see the list.

Katherine Heigl 25
Scarlett Johansson 19
Milla Jovovich 28
Kristanna Loken 24
Bridget Moynahan 33
Rebecca Romijn-Stamos 31

Jessica Biel 22
Scarlett Johansson 19
Milla Jovovich 28
Bridget Moynahan 33
Rebecca Romijn-Stamos 31
Uma Thurman 34

How about that chick from Van Helsing?

She's quite a piece of ass, if you don't mind my saying...

Not really. I mean, I don't think so. She's very overhyped and she's had alot of work done, doesn't come off as natural both litterally and figurativly. Not to mention Van Helsing absolutely sucked. It made "Pearl Harbor" look like the Godfather.

Just my opinion. I just think casting her would be a boring choice as she's already overexposed in that genre, and the work she's overexposed herself in it has sucked. Same for Milla Jovovitch

I definitely like Milla Jovovich for this. Great action star, looks the role and you can't beat the authenticity of someone who is actually from the Soviet Union.

resident46.jpg

Bridget Moynahan 33
RR Stamos 31
Milla Jovovich 28
Uma Thurman 34
Scarlett Johansson 19

CaptainStacy said:
How about that chick from Van Helsing?

She's quite a piece of ass, if you don't mind my saying...

Kate beckinsale,she played in Pearl harbor,Underworld,and Van helsing.she was kick butt in underworld,I like the pick! shes rumored,or more of just wanted,to play wonderwoman.

I want them to make a Black Widow movie,and after Elektra does good,then the'll rush to make alot of female supwerhero movies!

pics of the actressess,plz!!!!!!

Would anybody even see this movie besides comic fans???

Sure. Most of the people who see these movies are NOT comic fans.

Kate Beckinsale is definitly a hottie but i see her more like Psylocke from x-men

Milla might work
Becca Romijn would be hott as the widow
Loken would be good 2 except now she is playing Rayne from the ps2 game Bloodrayne

RaginCajun said:
Kate Beckinsale is definitly a hottie but i see her more like Psylocke from x-men

Milla might work
Becca Romijn would be hott as the widow
Loken would be good 2 except now she is playing Rayne from the ps2 game Bloodrayne

I don't wanna see an actress who has already played a character in a comic book movie or video game movie....we need a new face for every new character.

RedIsNotBlue said:
I don't wanna see an actress who has already played a character in a comic book movie or video game movie....we need a new face for every new character.

I'm ok with some instances of using the same actor twice even within the Marvel movieverse. But 3 times is a bit much. I guess Rebecca works so well because she's one of the few real women to have the perfect proportions that so many artists like to draw their women as having. But I have zero problem with using someone who's already played someone in a comic or videogame movie, in a different universe than Marvel.

I just think someone like Kate Beckinsale or Milla Jovavich would suck trying to star in a movie like this. They're very meh' to me. Very un extraordinary and fake-ish.

BT18 said:
I'm ok with some instances of using the same actor twice even within the Marvel movieverse. But 3 times is a bit much. I guess Rebecca works so well because she's one of the few real women to have the perfect proportions that so many artists like to draw their women as having. But I have zero problem with using someone who's already played someone in a comic or videogame movie, in a different universe than Marvel.

I just think someone like Kate Beckinsale or Milla Jovavich would suck trying to star in a movie like this. They're very meh' to me. Very un extraordinary and fake-ish.

I am not so sure because already Wesley Snipes is in talks of doing a Black Panther movie...you wouldn't thin kthat would be weird to see the Black Panther movie and be seeing Blade the whole time?

RedIsNotBlue said:
I am not so sure because already Wesley Snipes is in talks of doing a Black Panther movie...you wouldn't thin kthat would be weird to see the Black Panther movie and be seeing Blade the whole time?

I don't think he'll end up playing T'Challa if anyone in the black panther movie. I think his production company is just going to work on it. I don't think they'd have a relatively old guy playing someone who would probably have to be young in his origin movie.

No one should play her. There shouldn't even be a Black Widow movie. I mean it's bad enough that Elektra isn't going to burn up the box office, what the hell has Avi and the movie studio's thinking that Black Widow would do any better?

They should just use this time, money and resources on more important projects like The Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Hulk 2.

Still A ThorFan said:
No one should play her. There shouldn't even be a Black Widow movie. I mean it's bad enough that Elektra isn't going to burn up the box office, what the hell has Avi and the movie studio's thinking that Black Widow would do any better?

They should just use this time, money and resources on more important projects like The Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Hulk 2.

Exactly....kill Avi and take his place please.

Still A ThorFan said:

Well too bad because it's going to happen. It'll be David Hayter's directorial debut. I don't think Electra is necessarily going to be that good, but I don't really like Jennifer Garner. However look at Tomb Raider. Action or sci-fi movies with female leads can be successful. There just haven't been that many of them. I mean, you could also compare it to kill bill, even if Black Widow isn't as gorey or whatever. I don't think they'd be going ahead with this so quickly if it wasn't a pretty good script.

Isn't Rebecca Romijn already signed on for Widow? I thought I heard her being in talks...

DarkKnightJRK said:
Isn't Rebecca Romijn already signed on for Widow? I thought I heard her being in talks...

Nope. Talks are quite different than being signed. I think Hayter wants her because he's had experience with her. She already played a role similar to her in "Femme Fatale". A very convoluted movie with the hottest non-nude scene I've probably ever seen. Rebecca dancing in her bra and panties on and around a pool table.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Would anybody even see this movie besides comic fans???

cool action espionage flick with a hot chick in tight black leather...you tell me

cryptic name said:
cool action espionage flick with a hot chick in tight black leather...you tell me

Sounds like Catwoman and look how well that did. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"