First Avenger The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1

The Red Skull used the cosmic cube on the last thread :csad:

After seeing my second showing of it, I enjoyed it much more.

7/10 to 8/10

I saw it lastnight and I must say I liked it. One of the better comic book movies to come out this year. The acting, story and FXs was all good. All N all I'd give it a 9 out of 10. :up: :)

The Red Skull used the cosmic cube on the last thread :csad:

339980-95251-red-skull_large.jpg

the-red-skull-discovers-the-cosmic-cube_gallery_primary1.jpg

lol:woot:

I liked it. Some things to nitpick about. I don't feel Captain America defeated Red Skull, he defeated himself. And what happend to him? Did he die or get sent into space? Or Asgard maybe? I guess the left it open on purpose. Some of the action looked more like a video game cut scene. And the ended fell flat. "I was promised a dance" - End. The movie literally just stops. While the romance felt more rushed than even Thor, it had more emotion as Cap was crashing. I really felt sorry for them. I still feel I liked Thor and First Class more. Let's hope the don't mess up Avengers.

Now that I think about it, do you think that the element that Tony created in IM2 was an artificial Cosmic Cube? His dad was last seen in Captain America finding the Cube. I'm guessing that he spent his life studying it, failing to replicate its power, only to entrust his son to finding the solution with the clues he left for him.

I liked it. Some things to nitpick about. I don't feel Captain America defeated Red Skull, he defeated himself. And what happend to him? Did he die or get sent into space? Or Asgard maybe? I guess the left it open on purpose. Some of the action looked more like a video game cut scene. And the ended fell flat. "I was promised a dance" - End. The movie literally just stops. While the romance felt more rushed than even Thor, it had more emotion as Cap was crashing. I really felt sorry for them. I still feel I liked Thor and First Class more. Let's hope the don't mess up Avengers.
What do you mean the romance felt more rushed than Thor? They knew each other for 2 to 3 years.

What do you mean the romance felt more rushed than Thor? They knew each other for 2 to 3 years.

I don't remember them saying how long they knew each other. They met for a little bit, they parted ways for how ever long Cap was doing those tours, then they met up again towards the end.

Now that I think about it, do you think that the element that Tony created in IM2 was an artificial Cosmic Cube? His dad was last seen in Captain America finding the Cube. I'm guessing that he spent his life studying it, failing to replicate its power, only to entrust his son to finding the solution with the clues he left for him.

There's another guy on CBM (unless you're him hehe) that speculates the same thing. I think that would be crazy awesome if true, talk about fridge brilliance.

When she met him again during his USO tour to the end of the movie covers something like the last 2-3 years of the war. It's done in montage but that's happening over years.

Speaking of the Starks...I've been thinking.

How friggin old was Tony's Dad when Tony was born? Stark looked...maybe 21 at the youngest (and that's pushing it. I figured him to be at least 25). Tony's 45 at the most. If Cap went down at the end of the war...Stark Sr. must have still been at least around 50 when Tony was born.

Sounds to me like baby Tony was an "oops" baby.

How friggin old was Tony's Dad when Tony was born? Stark looked...maybe 21 at the youngest (and that's pushing it. I figured him to be at least 25). Tony's 45 at the most. If Cap went down at the end of the war...Stark Sr. must have still been at least around 50 when Tony was born.

Or Stark pulled a Larry King

Howard had some grey hair in that film during IM2, LOL!!!

Howard is in his mid twenties in this film. Probably had Tony when he was in his mid-late 50's.

I have now watched this thing for the 6th time.

It's so nice to have this stable of Marvel films that I could watch endlessly ..... i.e. TIH, Thor, and Cap

6 times really?
regular 2D, matinee?

I got the sense that Howard Stark was pretty much a wunderkind, like Tony, and flew right through school like his son later would. He had a real carefree, playboy vibe about him in TFA, which leads me to believe he was a twentysomething. I'm going to guess maybe 25 at the most. Do we know anything about Howard Stark's father? Maybe the Starks were already rich, so Howard didn't have to worry about building a fortune--he already had one, he just multiplied it by a huge number.

Anyway, if he's, say, 25 at the end of TFA, and Tony is around 40 in IM1/IM2 (my own supposition), that means Tony would have been born in or around 1968, which would have made Howard around 48 by the time Tony was born. That's not outside the realm of possibility; Howard certainly sounds like the type who would have been completely focused on his inventions and his business, and probably hadn't planned on having any children. Much like Tony, actually: at the age of 40 he was still single and childless, and in IM1 he didn't seem too interested in doing anything to change that.

Howard also appeared to be in his early-to-mid 50s during the first Stark Expo in 1974, so maybe Howard was born in 1920.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"