The Winter Soldier Captain America is getting a sequel.......Already

I think having Cap fight and (kill?) Zemo during the War in a prologue, and then have it be one of Zemo's descendants in the present day for the rest of the movie would work. They could even have the prologue take place at one of the Hydra factories that we saw Cap destroy in the first film.

^It's a bad idea to include costumed villains that you won't develop. If he's only going to have five minutes of screen time, best to leave WWII Zemo out.

I'd rather May 2014 than June 2013. More time to make the film, and it would have a better BO spot.

Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 are being released in 2013.

It's going to be 2014 for a sequel.

make it 2014....summer 2013 is already full of superhero, iron man 3/superman/thor 2

Also, the only possible release date for cap 2 in 2013 is June, which mean it will be cap against superman. Captain America and Superman.....simply too much

The sequel has to be getting the June 27, 2014 date. That way it can capitalize on the 4th of July holiday!

Is anyone else a little worried that this movie isn't happening based on Disney announcing two "Untitled" films instead of confidently saying "CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 WILL be released on June 27, 2014!" I'm worried that we won't see a sequel when it's all said and done.

Do we know for sure that Cap 2 won't wind up being one of those two movies? Maybe an announcement at D23?

Only time will tell... its only a couple of days til the expo anyways.

Is anyone else a little worried that this movie isn't happening based on Disney announcing two "Untitled" films instead of confidently saying "CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 WILL be released on June 27, 2014!" I'm worried that we won't see a sequel when it's all said and done.

It's getting a sequel.

And its STILL getting a sequel even if there is no anouncement at D23.
If I were them ,I would use that event to focus on The Avengers and John Carter, not Cap.

I'm not worried at all. It took Marvel two months to announce a sequel for Thor, and Cap's numbers are pretty comparable, so I think it'll be a bit longer before they announce anything.

Nothing came out at D23 on the UNTITLED films.

I think Disney is still waiting on all the final results of Cap and also possibly Avengers before a decision is made.

Avenger, Cap's US numbers are comparable, however, Thor more than doubled Cap's international numbers. Thor made almost half a billion dollars worldwide.

Let's also be realistic here, the Cap movie basically underperformed. We can't get around that and we need to stop pussyfooting about it. It didn't do terrible business. It didn't tank, but it could've done a lot better.

Let's also be realistic about the fact that Avengers is going to make a ton of money. Now Marvel and Disney could say that's because of Downey and Hemsworth, but Cap's going to be a large part of it. They might even be able to get Whedon to write and or direct Cap 2 as well.

You never now batdude. We all thought Green Lantern was going to hit out of the park for a while as well.

Also let's not get ahead of ourselves with Whedon doing Cap 2. It could be interesting, but I want to see how he handles Avengers first.

Let's also be realistic about the fact that Avengers is going to make a ton of money. Now Marvel and Disney could say that's because of Downey and Hemsworth, but Cap's going to be a large part of it. They might even be able to get Whedon to write and or direct Cap 2 as well.

If Avengers is awesome that is as good of marketing for the sequels of CA, Hulk, Thor and IM as it possibly can be.

If the movie is an 80+ on RT and makes over 700 million world wide it's basically writing the checks for Cap 2 and Hulk.

When did they say Whedon was doing Cap 2? Where did that rumor come from?

Oops, I phrased that bad. Whedon actually script doctored Cap 1 and said he liked writing 40's dialouge. Anything about him and Cap 2 was a guess on my part.

Where did that come from that he did revisions on first avenger?

It was from some obscure Cap/Avengers site. I got linked to it from Whedonesque a fan site he at least posts on. It is old, but I doubt they would mention it if it wasn't true.

It was announced that Whedon would make some changes/addition to the TFA script back when he was hired to direct The Avengers.

Source 1 and Source 2. (via the TFA article on Wikipedia)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"