The Winter Soldier Captain America is getting a sequel.......Already

Mrs. Sawyer

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-captain-america-gets-a-sequel-f-k-yeah-12568

So I will come out and say it, the "Captain America: The First Avenger" Super Bowl spot rocked my world!

As a matter of fact I bet it rocked Marvel's world too because guess what?

Stephen McFeely & Christopher Markus, the screenwriters who penned "CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER" just got hired to write the sequel for Marvel Studios!

Obviously the sequel is going to be present day and take place after THE AVENGERS.

Does this mean that we get to see Bucky as THE WINTER SOLDIER?

Does this also mean we get a Captain America sequel in 2013?

Who knows. I don't have any more details at the moment except that the writers got hired so stay tuned for an official announcment.

Until my next comic book scoop later tonight...

First Green Lantern and now Captain America getting sequels before the movie is released? Nice.

And by the way Captain America is the only Marvel film to officially get a Post-Avengers sequel so far.

Nice. But I don't know if it will be 2013, since IM3 is out that year. But this year we have Thor and Cap coming out, so who knows?

Yeah, 2014 is a better idea for both Captain America 2 and Iron Man 3, since the latter doesn't have a writer or director (still hoping Marvel signs Shane Black for IM3).

I like that they're preparing for a sequel early though. There's no problem with that. I love the faith Marvel has in Captain America, and it's especially more telling that Thor doesn't have a sequel yet.

And by the way Captain America is the only Marvel film to officially get a Post-Avengers sequel so far.

Iron Man 3

And no way does this get released in 2013. Marvel already has Iron Man 3 and likely Runaways for that year (maybe Ant-Man too, depending on when production on that ramps up). Plus, they're not going to have Evans film Cap, Avengers, and Cap 2 back-to-back over three years. 2014 for this is more likely.

Cap already has a sequel announced - the Avengers!

Why is the sequel "obviously" set in the present? Surly all that can be said about Cap in WWII will not be said in this one movie. If Marvel works this right they will leave the door open for sequels in both WWII and today.

It's nice to see that Marvel Studio has faith in Captain America. As mentioned a 2014 release date is more likely although I would like them to take their time and not rush the production for the sequel, I don't want it to end up being another Iron Man 2.

Iron Man 3

And no way does this get released in 2013. Marvel already has Iron Man 3 and likely Runaways for that year (maybe Ant-Man too, depending on when production on that ramps up). Plus, they're not going to have Evans film Cap, Avengers, and Cap 2 back-to-back over three years. 2014 for this is more likely.

My mistake: Iron Man 3 is official. It just doesn't have a screenwriter/director yet. They better do Mandarin dammit! :cmad:

Plus 2014 is definitely the release date. And don't forget about Black Panther.

Cap already has a sequel announced - the Avengers!

Why is the sequel "obviously" set in the present? Surly all that can be said about Cap in WWII will not be said in this one movie. If Marvel works this right they will leave the door open for sequels in both WWII and today.

My thoughts exactly. I hope Marvel changes its mind with this present day setting business.

Not surprising. I'm sure Marvel wants to get all 6 films with Chris Evans.

So now we have...

Iron Man 3
Captain America 2
Black Panther
Ant Man
War Machine
Nick Fury (?)
Avengers 2 (?)

...am i missing any?

Quite a lineup already for the many years post-Avengers, and i have little doubt we'll be seeing many more film announcements coming down the road.

This has been a dream of mine for the longest time.

How do I think Cap will be in the Avengers?
By have the prologue sequence in the Avengers being set at the end of WWII and him riding the rocket and dropping into the ocean, etc.
After the opening credits Nick Fury and co. find him and thaw him out...just like in Avengers #4 [more of less...].

and it's especially more telling that Thor doesn't have a sequel yet.
Why would you assume that? Just because noone at LatinoReview reported it doesn't mean noone is working on a script for a Thor sequel

The first will have to do well at the box office first. If it is a hit, they'll probably greenlight it IM2 style for a 2013 release. If it doesn't, they'll have the script on standby and say "we'll see" while they quietly scrap the project a la TIH2. Don't get too excited just yet.

Why would you assume that? Just because noone at LatinoReview reported it doesn't mean noone is working on a script for a Thor sequel

Calm down down man. They may be. It wasn't announced yet or anything but I was just point out.

This isn't a big deal. We all know there will be sequels to all the movies, they have already said so. They are just getting started on the scripts early.

Feige has stated that the plan for Marvel was to build up to where they are releasing 4 movies a year. I think we might be surprised how many are on the slate soon.

People love superhero movies, but it's going to get to the point where people will get tired of keeping up with them if they put out too many. I'd say that between Marvel and DC, there's probably just enough room for 4 superhero movies in a year. How much audience can Marvel actually count on? This isn't like an issue of a comic where you only need a few hundred thousand readers to bring in a profit. These movie franchises are huge investments, and if one of them loses money, if could affect Marvel's other franchises as well. If your studio releases 4 superhero movies a year, it's inevitable that some of them will flop, especially when competition from other films is taken into account.

As much as I admire what Marvel has managed to accomplish, Fiege has a lot to learn about the movie biz if Marvel is going to have a lasting presence in movies, because right now he seems to think he can run it the same way Marvel runs its comcis (which doesn't even work very well for comics much of the time). Whether it's treating the talent and creativity like they're all disposable cogs or overestimating how tolerant audiences are of cross-polination between franchises outside of crossover movies, they seem to be slow learner. I hope that changes because it would be a terrible shame if they came this far only to screw it all up.

Having said that, I am glad to hear that Marvel has enough faith in Cap that they're already prepared to start on a sequel, pending the first film's success. I just hope that we don't end up with an Iron Man 2 mess where the film gets bogged down in establishing its ties with the other Marvel franchises.

Last edited:
Calm down down man. They may be. It wasn't announced yet or anything but I was just point out.
I'm completely calm. This wasn't announced either, El Mayimbe got a scoop.

I guarantee you a Thor sequel script is being worked on as well.

It is. I thought all this was a given. The only news is WHO is doing the scripts.

Sequels are happening for ALL major properties whether we have news of script writers or not.

Marvel already has films slated up into 2018 if I remember correctly.

As much as I admire what Marvel has managed to accomplish, Fiege has a lot to learn about the movie biz if Marvel is going to have a lasting presence in movies, because right now he seems to think he can run it the same way Marvel runs its comcis (which doesn't even work very well for comics much of the time). Whether it's treating the talent and creativity like they're all disposable cogs or overestimating how tolerant audiences are of cross-polination between franchises outside of crossover movies, they seem to be slow learner. I hope that changes because it would be a terrible shame if they came this far only to screw it all up.

I agree that Feige somewhat thinks he can run a movie business like it's a business, but let's be honest, most audiences are not caring about cross-over of characters. They were not aware of it in Iron Man 2 and I think it's a little to early to say that after one film of alleged "Avengers commercial (a sentiment I not only do not share but feels like it undermines the movie)" that there will be much cross over business in these films. Shield has a presence but I doubt it will interfere with the story. People forget that Shield was worked in nicely in the film. I think the writing was the bigger problem with Iron Man 2 than anything else.

Likely. I'm just wondering why no news on Thor. It's a scoop, but there could easily be a scoop for both.

Because whatever agent El Mayimbe got the info from knew who the writers for the Cap 2 script are, but not the writers for the Thor 2 script?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"