The Walking Dead The official 'DARYL DIXON': Crossbows and Squirrels Thread!

Daryl definitely deserves some of the blame for Glenn’s death. Not only b/c he step out of line to punch Negan and therefore Glenn was punished for it. If Daryl had stayed put and set aside his personal vendetta with Dwight. The Saviors wouldn't had ambushed Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita, b/c they wouldn't have to go after Daryl. Though Glenn would've still ended up in the line up b/c he would've been in the RV (with Rick and whoever would volunteer) to be by his wife and unborn child's side at the Hilltop. First Daryl gets Denise killed and now Glenn. Anyways now that he’s Negan’s prisoner it’s not looking good for Daryl.

Daryl definitely deserves some of the blame for Glenn’s death. Not only b/c he step out of line to punch Negan and therefore Glenn was punished for it. If Daryl had stayed put and set aside his personal vendetta with Dwight. The Saviors wouldn't had ambushed Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita, b/c they wouldn't have to go after Daryl. Though Glenn would've still ended up in the line up b/c he would've been in the RV (with Rick and whoever would volunteer) to be by his wife and unborn child's side at the Hilltop. First Daryl gets Denise killed and now Glenn. Anyways now that he’s Negan’s prisoner it’s not looking good for Daryl.

Yup. I keep saying to myself: Dude, this is so not like what happened to Sophia, Herschel and Beth. There's no win when Negan's about

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Glenn do something to irritate Negan in the season 6 finale? I think he was gonna be killed even before Daryl punched him.

Glenn lashed out when he was talking to Maggie. He was the allowed "one".

Ah okay then, so I guess Daryl was partly responsible for what happened.

I'd have to say Darryl was entirely responsible. It was incredibly stupid. Maggie should want to kill Darryl.

"I'm gonna punch the guy who has a whole army of men still holding all of us at gunpoint, after he just got done beating one of us to death, and also warned that he would not tolerate anything like that. Surely this will go well and totally be worth giving Negan a sore jaw for a few minutes."

I can't help think that dumb move earned a future death. I don't think they want people to dislike the character at all of course, but maybe that he had it coming.. like they need a good reason to end that character and may want to telegraph that one big time so fans aren't enraged.

"I'm gonna punch the guy who has a whole army of men still holding all of us at gunpoint, after he just got done beating one of us to death, and also warned that he would not tolerate anything like that. Surely this will go well and totally be worth giving Negan a sore jaw for a few minutes."

Agreed. At his core Daryl is still a pissed off, hot headed redneck, It wasnt a very smart move and definitely wasnt his finest moment. (though it was kinda satisfying to see Negan get punched in the face even if the satisfaction lasted only a minute lol.)

I noticed that during Rick's brief dream sequence that Daryl looked clean. It figures that only in a dream sequence Daryl actually showered. lol

I noticed that during Rick's brief dream sequence that Daryl looked clean. It figures that only in a dream sequence Daryl actually showered. lol

I'll bet Negan will punish Daryl by tossing him in a bath. :o

I'd have to say Darryl was entirely responsible. It was incredibly stupid. Maggie should want to kill Darryl.

Seeing how Maggie didn't go off on Rick at the end like in the comic, I can see her going off on Daryl or that bit be omitted from TV especially after her reaction to the probability of them killing him next after watching Glenn and Abe die. She lost too many people

Maggie did seem upset at the fact that Daryl was loaded into the van at the end.

It wasn't smart, but it was in character for Daryl.

I sort of took it as an attempted suicide by Negan, because there was NO way someone dying was NOT an obvious consequence. He's shot and in pain, just saw what Negan did to Abraham. He knows they're all in danger, and it was looking like Rosita was pissing Negan off enough to kill her. If he can piss Negan off more, that would divert Negan's attention to himself, potentially saving Rosita from Lucille.

But that might be giving Daryl too much credit, haha.

The Walking Dead: Norman Reedus says Daryl is 'in kill mode'

Entertainment Weekly said:
He was stripped of both his clothes and his dignity, forced to eat dog food and listen to the most infuriatingly peppy song ever recorded on a continuous loop, but Daryl Dixon escaped all that in The Walking Dead’s midseason finale.

So where is Daryl emotionally now that he has been reunited with his friends when things pick back up in the Feb. 12 midseason premiere? According to Norman Reedus, the dude is hella pissed off. And he’s ready to make some people pay. “He wants revenge,” says Reedus. “He’s ready to fight. When he goes back in that last episode and hands Rick back his stuff, it was like, ‘Let’s go! Let’s go beat this guy up. Let’s go take what’s ours and fight this monster.’ So, you know, he’s in kill mode.”

Kill mode! The best of modes on this show, by far. It sounds like Daryl’s emotions after watching his friends bludgeoned with a baseball bat have progressed from grief to rage. “I feel like he spent his time in the hole thinking about Glenn and thinking about Abraham,” says Reedus. “He took it very personal, and felt like it was his fault and he was deserving what he was getting.” But no longer. “Now he’s ready to get revenge. He’s ready to go kill everybody.”

Reedus says he’s especially excited for the back half of season 7 in general and what may be in store for Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s Negan. “I think you’re going to start to see a little fear in that bad guy’s eyes,” he says. “He’s been walking tall long enough wielding his little toy bat around. Time to bring that guy down a notch.”

Asked for the best way to describe the next eight episodes, Reedus settles for the following: “It’s going to be consistently loud.” Bring your earplugs.

I'm looking forward to 7b, but the cast (especially Reedus in particular)and crew tend to overhype an episode, season, or event, but we'll see.

The Walking Dead: Norman Reedus says he hated filming the first half of season 7

Entertainment Weekly said:
Norman Reedus was not a happy camper during the filming of the first half of The Walking Dead’s seventh season. But that’s okay, because it turns out he wasn’t supposed to be happy about it. We spoke to Reedus about some of the fan complaints about the first eight episodes, and then he unloaded with some complaints of his own, even revealing that he took those complaints straight to showrunner Scott M. Gimple.

It seems being stuck in a cell naked by yourself is none too fun, and Reedus made sure his boss was aware of it, only to be told that it was necessary to serve the story. (An assessment it seems Reedus ultimately — if begrudgingly — agreed with.) Read on as Reedus explains how filming the story deviation was anything but “Easy Street” (sorry, couldn’t resist) and why he says he’s “happy that we’re back on that first track again.”

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Obviously, one of the big differences from the first half of the season to the second half is seeing you all reunited again. What’s it like getting the gang back together since you guys were all splintered off?
NORMAN REEDUS:
Oh, God, it’s great. You know, this show always feels like the show to me when that group is working in unison, and that first half was very hard for us to film. It was just rough. We were all separated, and we just kind of missed each other. We missed having the feeling that we had when we started this thing. I mean, I know the show evolves and all of that stuff, but man, that first half was rough, so I’m excited that we’re all back together. I know everybody’s excited.

Andrew Lincoln said the same thing. But he also said it really feels like the old show again in this back half.
Yeah, it does, and you know, that’s what we like doing. That’s what we miss doing, so it was nice to have that gang back together, for sure.

There was obviously some chatter out there from viewers about the first half and some complaints about the tone. What do you make of that?
I mean, I was saying that about the first half. I think part of that chatter you’re talking about came from me. But you know, it’s true: You can’t make everybody happy about everything. But we try, and you have to keep the story moving forward at all times or you just tell the same story over and over again. But I know new actors that came onto this show that were like, “Man, I miss the old group,” and they were playing new roles this season. So I know that everybody felt it, but people think we’re headed to the left, and we go to the right. So that’s just how we keep people on their toes. But I’m happy that we’re back on that first track again, you know?

You all have a history of doing an episode here and there that shows us a whole new group or community, but we’ve never had so many of those back to back like this. And the only time you all have been splintered off like this into small groups for so long was the second half of season 4. Do you think the audience missed seeing the big group together?
Yeah, and I mean, I understand when characters go through certain things, and mostly they’re cut off from the rest of the group, but I didn’t even see anybody. I was in a hole by myself, naked. It just did not feel right to me. I’d talk to Gimple, and I’d be like, ‘Man, this sucks. I hate this.’ And he’d be like, ‘You’re supposed to.’ I’m like, ‘Oh, there you go.’ You know what I mean? He was right. It was supposed to suck, and it did suck — for me, anyway. But you know, it just makes coming back together that much more special.

I wonder if Daryl is still a virgin. He seems so clueless around women.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"