The Official Destroyer Thread

The destroyer Thor fight is the one iam actually more excited to see. Imagine thor leaping and smashing his hammer into the destroyers face with sparks flying off:thor:

^^^ This is the stuff dreams are made of :)

I sure hope the fight between Thor and the Destroyer isn't short and unsatisfying like *cough* Iron Monger and *cough* Whiplash.

I want the fight to be lengthy and nerve wrecking.

I sure hope the fight between Thor and the Destroyer isn't short and unsatisfying like *cough* Iron Monger and *cough* Whiplash.

I want the fight to be lengthy and nerve wrecking.

Same here I want it to be about the length of the Abomination fight (pretty good fight) except with more destruction & devastating blows.

Abomination holding Hulk against a wall then Hulk defeating Abomination by strangling him was "mediocre".

Last edited:
I think The Destroyer is too bad*** for this thread to be dead, so let's try to liven it up.

I hope Thor & The Destroyer's fight is a epic as these pics
sheppard_thor1.jpg

102_THOR_606_large.jpg

87387731330.151.GIF

87387731330.118.GIF

thor.jpg

Last edited:
The Thor/Bor fight from Thor #600 is my current standard for amazingly awesome Thor fights. If the Destroyer fight in the movie can approach that level of awesome, I will be a happy panda. :cool:

I hope the Destroyer battle gets the proper attention it deserves, not just a little side story. This should be a pivotal moment in the movie, which I think it will be.

The Thor/Bor fight from Thor #600 is my current standard for amazingly awesome Thor fights. If the Destroyer fight in the movie can approach that level of awesome, I will be a happy panda. :cool:

It was better than The Destroyer/Thor fights?

Can you post some links to some scans?

I hope the Destroyer battle gets the proper attention it deserves, not just a little side story. This should be a pivotal moment in the movie, which I think it will be.

Absolutely, I want Thor & The Destroyer to be the focus of the movie during their whole battle. I hate when a director spends too much of the fight scene showing things other than the actual fight.

Last edited:
I think the Destroyer's look in the trailer shows why these guys try so hard not to allow early leaks (even though we're always pushing for them). He looks so much better than that Latino Review picture suggested he would (not that it was bad).

It was better than The Destroyer/Thor fights?

Can you post some links to some scans?
I've never really compared it panel-by-panel to Thor/Destroyer fights, but it was like half of that oversized #600 issue, so they didn't shortchange us with a quick fight, and the way it played out just seemed really epic to me. Thor and Bor are tearing up streets, throwing cars and statues, hitting each other with lampposts, etc. It's awesome.

I can't post anything right now because I'm at work, but I'll post some scans when I get home (unless someone beats me to it).

I've never really compared it panel-by-panel to Thor/Destroyer fights, but it was like half of that oversized #600 issue, so they didn't shortchange us with a quick fight, and the way it played out just seemed really epic to me. Thor and Bor are tearing up streets, throwing cars and statues, hitting each other with lampposts, etc. It's awesome.

I can't post anything right now because I'm at work, but I'll post some scans when I get home (unless someone beats me to it).

Oh they were fighting on Earth? I thought they would be fighting in Asgard.

Nah, Loki tricked Bor to Earth and clouded his mind with magic so he saw Thor as an enemy and Earth as some kind of hellish nightmare.

Yeah,that fight is already a classic.

Why would they have to explain it? They never explain why Bruce turns into a gigantic green man...

Ditto.

Even so, how hard would it be to whip up some genetic, hi-tech, explanation for Abom....dormant genes, dormant genes inherent in the formula related to a reptiles ability to regenerate, etc., etc., add infinitum.......

I remeber the statues people were posting in the TIH forums. There was one of abom that was stunning and I was thinking, man if we get that on screen going toe to toe with the Hulk................:wow::wow:

The Destroyer is one of the most "spot on" villains in a superhero movie to date (I like the "athletic" build). If you think about it, he's probably the most powerful as well.

They said the small town in "Thor" was built to be destroyed. So I expect Thor's fight with The Destroyer to be one of the most destructive & lengthiest battles in comic book film history. Im hoping for vehicle throwing, impact craters, several hand to hand blows, & one of them being knocked through a building (maybe both of them).

Im also hoping to see The Destroyer interacting with the world a good bit before the final battle.

Tell me you don't love that sound he makes as he walks.....sort of mechanical yet otherworldly.............awesome.

Yup an Earth fight. VERY cool fight.

Tell me you don't love that sound he makes as he walks.....sort of mechanical yet otherworldly.............awesome.

That sound it makes when it walks is "EPIC" in every sense of the word. It basically lets you know that he's about to wreck some ****.

Okay, I'm home so here are a few scans from the Thor/Bor fight. Like I said, it takes up like half the issue, so I'm not gonna post the whole thing. Here's just the opening few pages:

Thor600013.jpg

Thor600014.jpg

Thor600015.jpg

Thor600016.jpg

Thor600017.jpg

Thor600019-20.jpg

Okay, I'm home so here are a few scans from the Thor/Bor fight. Like I said, it takes up like half the issue, so I'm not gonna post the whole thing. Here's just the opening few pages:

Thor600013.jpg

Thor600014.jpg

Thor600015.jpg

Thor600016.jpg

Thor600017.jpg

Thor600019-20.jpg

Woah, if The Destroyer/Thor fight is even 50-75% as epic as this then it will be my favrite comic book movie fight EVER!!!

Man I hope this battle in someway inspired some of the fighting in "Thor.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. I forgot how awesome that was.

Thor600013.jpg

Thor600014.jpg

Thor600015.jpg

Thor600016.jpg

Thor600017.jpg

Thor600019-20.jpg

That fight--and I'm guessing the rest of it as well, is tailor made for the big screen. It screams major motion picture to me.

That fight--and I'm guessing the rest of it as well, is tailor made for the big screen. It screams major motion picture to me.

Yep I could see a fight like this blowing people away on the big screen. The Hulk vs Abomination fight wasn't even this good.

I want to see a What-If story if Bor lived through that fight. Say if somehow the interaction between Thor and Bor broke Loki's spell.
Odin would have had to deal with HIS father just as Thor dealing with Odin. Bor wasn't too HAPPY about Odin putting life on Earth Either as I recall, so it makes me wonder how Bor would have reacted to Mortals had he been kept around instead of being killed off.

I would like to see "Bor" appear in a Thor sequel. I think it would be cool for Thor's inheriting of the Odin Force and Bor to be worked into a third film.

My favorite thing about that fight, I think, is the implied force of everything. They're not doing super-quick martial arts--both are gods of such colossal power that every single one of their blows shatter windows around them and toss each other several blocks. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"