Favorite Moment or Dramatic Scene

I know it's been said before, but the whole entire conversation between Loki and Odin near the beginning of the movie. Both actors nailed this scene.

I copied and pasted it from IMDB. From what I remember, I'm pretty sure it's accurate:

"Am I cursed?"
"No."
"What am I?"
"You are my son."
"What more than that? The Casket wasn't the only thing you took from the Jotunheim that day was it?"
"No. Amongst the rubble I found a baby, small for a giants offspring, abandoned and helpless. Laufey's son."
"Laufey's son? Why? You were knee deep in Jotun blood, why would you take me?"
"...can't remember."
"No, you took me for a purpose. What was it?
TELL ME!!!!!"
"I thought that perhaps one day we could bring about an alliance between the two worlds. Through you."
"Wha-? So I'm just another one of your stolen relics, locked away here until you might find use of me?"
"Why do you twist my words?"
"You could've told me what I was from the beginning. Why didn't you?"
"I wanted only to protect you from the truth."
"That I'm the monster that parents tell their children about at night? You know it all makes sense now why you favored Thor all these years. Because no matter how much you claimed to love me, you couldn't have a Frost Giant sitting on the throne of Asgard!!!"

I especially loved the "TELL ME!!!" line that Loki yells to Odin. So much emotion and intensity from Tom Hiddleston. Probably one my new favorite actors. Looking forward to seeing him in [BLACKOUT]The Avengers.[/BLACKOUT]

I know it's been said before, but the whole entire conversation between Loki and Odin near the beginning of the movie. Both actors nailed this scene.

I copied and pasted it from IMDB. From what I remember, I'm pretty sure it's accurate:

I especially loved the "TELL ME!!!" line that Loki yells to Odin. So much emotion and intensity from Tom Hiddleston. Probably one my new favorite actors. Looking forward to seeing him in [BLACKOUT]The Avengers.[/BLACKOUT]

One of my favs as well... IIRC (will be seeing it again today) didn't Odin mention...

about Loki as an infant "....abandon and helpless, suffering." and then he changes infant Loki to an Asgardian? It was IMHO as though Odin wanted to convey to Loki that he could have killed him there as an infant but didn't.... (because he had a greater plan in mind).

One of my favs as well... IIRC (will be seeing it again today) didn't Odin mention...

about Loki as an infant "....abandon and helpless, suffering." and then he changes infant Loki to an Asgardian? It was IMHO as though Odin wanted to convey to Loki that he could have killed him there as an infant but didn't.... (because he had a greater plan in mind).

Well he did feel sorry for him I think he would have taken him anyway,maybe not to raise as his own but to save him. However when he realized that he was not a child of a random frost giant but Laufey's son he saw a greater purpose for loki , which was as he said to rule over that kingdom and bring peace but his mistake was not telling this to Loki and raising him to believe he could rule Asgard, loved it when loki points out that Odin had no intention of letting a frost giant rule his kingdom and he was right.

Definitely the scene between Odin and Loki when Loki learns what he really is. That was excellent, imo...

Just came back from another viewing (in glorious IMAX 3D) and Odin said
"...abandoned, suffering, left to die..."
Need to get to another IMAX viewing before Friday, before the Pirates take over. On a side note I'm quickly becoming a member of Team Loki because of that scene.. is that right? :hrt:

MAN I wish I could see it on IMAX.

MAN I wish I could see it on IMAX.
Most of what you get is not "true" IMAX but just a larger screen with a more favorable seating arrangement. There are two in the Cincinnati area where I live... AMC in Newport, KY and Cinema De Lux in Springdale (northern burbs). Cinema De Lux is much better IMHO with a bigger screen and better audio. Of course, you'll have to shell out more money... when I went this afternoon the matinee price was $12.50

-"Tell Me!" Of course. Such pain and anger there.
-"Can I come home?" Of course. Such vulnerability there.
-"I could have done it Father! For you!"

A couple of other moments...

-"You've gone soft...was it that woman? It was, wasn't it?!? Well maybe, after I'm done here I should pay her a visit!" It was all in the delivery and it really encapsulated how divided Loki's emotions are regarding his brother; hates him, jealous of him, and yet still wanting/needing Thor to be the indomitable warrior. Also, "I'm not your brother! I never was!"

-Loki's double crossing Laufey-didn't see it coming but his line, "Know that it was Odin's son who killed you..." that scene was important on so many levels, and then hugging Freya and "Mother, I promise you they will pay for what they've done." Wish I'd seen more of Freya really and her role in the family.

-Jane mourning her stolen research. It's so rare in these movies that the female love interest has real depth and a backstory but Jane's passion for her work was a major plot point and defining point for her as a person and I like that.

-Loki telling Heimdall, that he has to obey him. Elba managed to convey so much inner rebellion with just a twist of his mouth there. It was like it was taking all his inner strength not to slap Loki down right then and there.

-Selvig and Thor at the bar. The grumpy old professor being the one to FINALLY get through, to Thor that sometimes you just have to accept NOT knowing all the answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"