What Happened to the Destroyer after the battle?

Vartha

Mod of Thunder
Reaction score
This has been a question asked a few times but never really discussed in detail.
What do YOU think Happened to the Destroyer after the battle?
Was it magically retrieved by Loki or Odin?
Did S.H.I.E.L.D. grab the Destroyer after Thor left?

I think this is an interesting question. I am not sure if we need the Destroyer in future Thor films, given Thor has more than enough strong material for more solos. But, it is cool that it's an option.

Yeah, I'm going with, I assume SHIELD took it.

It clearly took the Bifrost to get it to Earth. That says to me that Odin couldn't retrieve it without the Bifrost. I assume that Loki could... but Loki is... busy. I do think it's worth wondering whether, once Loki gets his act together, it occurs to him.

I'm also kind of assuming that its not meant to be destroyed, in keeping with how tough it is in the comics. Didn't we see it falling more or less intact? I don't think the fall would have damaged it, either. Thor managed to shut it down, but I didn't assume he managed to render it forever unusable. The sequence with Sif made it seem like it can self-repair.

The way they seemed to play it, Loki was able to see/hear through it and control it from a distance... but I was left wondering if that was particular to Loki and his magic, or if it is supposed that way for Odin as well.

I think most of the GA probably assumes it's destroyed, but at best I think Thor was just knocking it out for a long enough period for him to go and take care of Loki, which would in turn stop the immediate threat of the Destroyer, without Loki continuing to control it.

So my question is: if it's in SHIELD's hands (and why would Coulson leave it lying there, even if he thought it would never work again?), has it self-repaired and is just dormant? Could Odin make it do anything remotely, even without the Bifrost? Will Loki think to come get it? (Could he do anything to it, now that he isn't in Odin's position as king and no longer holds Gungnir?) ... Will we ever see it again?

(Part of me hopes so, and part of me agrees that since it's been a big set piece for the first film, we're kind of unlikely to see it featured prominently again. Especially since the audience saw Thor deal with it relatively easy once already. Which, as many people have already said, is a pity.)

Well I can see SHIELD Grabbing the dead shell of the Destroyer trying to figure out how to power it up. Without the Odin force it's basically just Armour. Could be another reason why they think the Cosmic cube might be able to power it and try to get "Eric's" help. :D

I think SHIELD possessing it is very likely. It would make sense, given the Destroyer went down right in front of tons of SHIELD agents.

heh or ON Shield agents lol

He started negotiating for a surprise appearance in The Avengers?

I wouldnt mind seeing The Destroyer returning in future Thor movies, it was put down a little too easily by Thor in the movie for me considering what i'd heard about how powerful it was, and it seemed very powerful in the movie as well before its encounter with Thor.

But yeah, Shield probably grabbed it and had Stark working on it right away, maybe they used it to imprison The Abomination somehow?

Shouldnt they already have The Abomination imprisoned by now?
He was defeated by The Hulk quite awhile ago.

Shouldnt they already have The Abomination imprisoned by now?
He was defeated by The Hulk quite awhile ago.

the timelines of the movies are much closer then the actual release dates of the films. kind of a chore to connect, especially since cap isn't released yet, but here goes. just kidding i tried putting it together a while back so i'll just copy and paste that rather than trying to do it again. it's pretty long so i will put it in spoilers

i figured the hulk university scene(culver) happened during the day of the stark expo.then the end if iron man 2 is the next day, after the expo, stark is with fury, the culver footage is on the screen. at the end of credits we see coulson in NM this is the scene in thor's beginning when he arrives on earth. at the end of TIH tony shows up on shields behalf i believe. at the end of thor fury shows up. so this means that stark was sent to look into the hulk situation and fury and shield went after thor since fury probably knows more about the cosmic landscape or because shield was already there investigating mjolnir.

so i figure the ending of iron man 2 is when the hulk is already happening, obviously since the university footage is on the screen in iron man 2, and thor is probably within a day of the end of TIH. like maybe the night the hulk fights abomination is the night that jane hit thor with her car.

Actually the ending of Iron Man takes place at the same time as thor, because coulson was sent to see thor's hammer and the film itself toke place in the time of 2 or 3 days.

Actually the ending of Iron Man takes place at the same time as thor, because coulson was sent to see thor's hammer and the film itself toke place in the time of 2 or 3 days.

the ending of iron man 1 had nick fury, the ending of iron man 2 had the mjolnir scene.

Yeah in THOR at the beginning when Thor falls to Earth, Jane and crew leave with Thor and soon after Mjolnir falls in the distance so IM2 is already start by the time Thor falls to earth.
They run just shy of each other time wise.

I'd like to think Odin is capable of retrieving what is his regardless of the Bifrost being damaged.

this is what i like with a shared universe, it's fun to piece the time periods involved.

Yeah in THOR at the beginning when Thor falls to Earth, Jane and crew leave with Thor and soon after Mjolnir falls in the distance so IM2 is already start by the time Thor falls to earth.
They run just shy of each other time wise.

Yep, and with the Culver university scene being on the screen at the end of IM2, the end of TIH must have happened around the same time as Thor's ending, maybe even a little after, so, wouldnt it be cool if we learned Stark somehow got the Destroyer to watch over Abom?

I figure......

Stark finds a way to use it to make some kind of Hulk Buster upgrade to his armor....

That or..... maybe just maybe it is melted down to form a new shield for Cap....

but more likely...... it's done for and we will never here about it again.

I more imagine Tony going nuts because he can't get it to work and can't figure out what powers it. Since nobody except Odin -- or someone wielding Odin's power -- can work the thing, can they? Without that power, isn't it basically just an empty metal suit?

What I want to know is whether Odin can make it go remotely. That seemed to be how it was working for Loki. Maybe it's inert and in a SHIELD lab or something, but could Odin make it wake up? (But there's not much reason for him to do so, until they can control the Bifrost; at which point he could reactivate it and make it come home.)

I would tend to agree that I don't think it's going to heavily figure into The Avengers, at least. But I sure would love to see a glimpse of it in the background in some scene -- being transported or stored in some facility, or in Tony's garage or something.

I figure......

Stark finds a way to use it to make some kind of Hulk Buster upgrade to his armor....

That or..... maybe just maybe it is melted down to form a new shield for Cap....

but more likely...... it's done for and we will never here about it again.
I can see that, there IS a Thor buster that actually appears after Lord Thor gives Tony a sample of what Powers Asgard's machines and instead of duplicating the energy source, Tony makes a Thor Buster Armor that resembles Destroyer.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Thorbuster

But yeah, Shield probably grabbed it and had Stark working on it right away, maybe they used it to imprison The Abomination somehow?

The Destroyer being used to imprison Abomination, which might lead to a fight between the two = :woot:

SHIELD probably took it as most people have said but who knows, they screwed up the destroyer and everything else so bad that it doesnt matter they could have done anything with it :doh:

I believe after the battle he got him, punched his card and moved to the Bahama's. Candid shots of him show him drinking little drinks with umbrellas by the beach and teaching surfing on the side, just enough money for that next drink.

I believe after the battle he got him, punched his card and moved to the Bahama's. Candid shots of him show him drinking little drinks with umbrellas by the beach and teaching surfing on the side, just enough money for that next drink.

No no no! You have it all wrong! Michael Bay cast him in Transformers 3 as a stunt double for Optimus Prime, the diva...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"