Favorite Moment or Dramatic Scene

When the most memorable scenes of a big budget summer movie are the more intimate, character interactions, rather than the big SFX shots and action scenes, you know you've got a good movie on your hands.

That's not to say the action scenes were poor, although The Destroyer could have posed more of a threat to Thor really, it's just a testament to Branaugh as an "actors director".

^ Yeah, the dramatic and comedic scenes were easily the best parts about the whole movie, IMO.

I loved the action scenes for two reasons: 1) HAMMER SPIN! and 2) HE FLIES! Those were big question marks (to me, since I avoided spoilers) before the movie actually opened, so the fact that we got both and Thor really felt like Marvel's Thor ('cause how often do you hear of the mythical Thor spinning Mjollnir?) made my day as a Thor fan. But the character work was handled beautifully and elevated the movie above your standard popcorn action fare.

Ah man, the part where he flew through that Frost Monster thing's head was just... pure Thor. Awesome.

Haha, yeah, one of my biggest "awesome things to show in the movie" wishes was something like that shot from Ages of Thunder of Mjolnir punching straight through a giant's head, but I never imagined they'd have Thor himself do it. :hehe:

My absolute favourite:

Odin telling Loki who he really is.

My absolute favourite:

Odin telling Loki who he really is.
Agreed. It was easily one of the best moments with the emotion behind it. The interactions between Thor, Odin, and Loki were all great.

I'm throwing in some dark horses here:

*When Eric, Jane and Darcy argue about Thor's origins, culminating in the citing of Clarke's third law.
*Thor explaining to Jane about the Nine Worlds.
*Loki making Heimdall admit he has to obey him.
*Jane, crestfallen that Thor is not coming back, the silhouettes of Darcy and Eric walk away in front of her.

All of Hemsworth, Hopkins and Hiddleston's interactions were great, which is why I'm taking it for granted and dwelling on these smaller moments.

I'm throwing in some dark horses here:

*When Eric, Jane and Darcy argue about Thor's origins, culminating in the citing of Clarke's third law.
*Loki making Heimdall admit he has to obey him.
*Jane, crestfallen that Thor is not coming back, the silhouettes of Darcy and Eric walk away in front of her.

Loved those. That first one in particular. The whole exchange between Selvig and Jane was beautifully done.

1. Odin reveals to Loki his true origins
2. Thor's Banishment
3. Thor tries to lift Mjolnir and fails
4. Thor vs. Loki
5. Loki last words to Odin before falling through the wormhole
6. Thor sacrifices himself for the safety and survival of Jane and the people of earth against the Destroyer armor then he's resurrected
7. Your not a King yet
8. Loki lies to Thor while he's imprisoned / Can I come home ?
9. Thor flies
10. [blackout]Loki reveal and The Cosmic Cube with Nick Fury[/blackout]

When Thor is in need of a horse. I've quoted it so much since seeing it yesterday.

The most underrated scene for me was the bar scene ending with "He drank, he fought, he did his ancestors proud." This gave the movie true heart and slipped in some great wisdom. What the doctor told Thor at the bar are words to live by. It also bonded the characters. It showed why the doctor was with Jane and led directly to the camp fire scene with Jane.

This movie deserves much more credit around the Net for being wonderfully written. It's getting a lot of praise for being fun and for being visually stunning but Thor is a winner from the script on out.

I also thought The ending Where Thor talks with Odin after the Loki Battle was very Touching where he says something like "I will never be a wiser king then you"

My favorite dramatic bits:

-Loki finding out that he was adopted
-Thor being stripped of his powers and mjolnir
-Odin cutting off Loki in the middle of him talking

For those who liked (adult) Thor's intro scene...this should look familiar:

It's from Branagh's Hamlet. That YT video really doesn't do it justice (Branagh shot it in gorgeous 70MM and this a faded pan and scan VHS version), but it is all I could find of it on YT. If you see the whole scene it goes on to have Hamlet come out to greet his king and mother. However, the roles are ironically reversed where Hamlet is weary of this celebration, viewing it as an affront to his recently dead father and is clad in black. I thought of this scene instantly when Thor came into his throne room and Odin looked on with disapproval and weariness.

Gotta say the entire finale confrontation between Thor and Loki, really showed how far Loki had fallen, "Is it madness? is it? IS IT?!" Hiddleston really captured the intensity well.
And I have to say, when Thor placed mjolnir on Loki's chest I had the hugest grin, really awesome moment.

This movie had some superb dramatic moments, the best in any Marvel movie yet for me, but the moment I got the biggest goose-bumps was a powerless Thor approaching The Destroyer and the subsequent scene, really powerful stuff, as were Loki's last words to his father in the movie.

Gotta say the entire finale confrontation between Thor and Loki, really showed how far Loki had fallen, "Is it madness? is it? IS IT?!"

I was so sure he was going to say "This is ASGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!"

He drank he fought he made his ancestors proud

This movie had some superb dramatic moments, the best in any Marvel movie yet for me, but the moment I got the biggest goose-bumps was a powerless Thor approaching The Destroyer and the subsequent scene, really powerful stuff, as were Loki's last words to his father in the movie.

I agree, with that music playing and the slow walking towards The Destroyer is just amazing. My favorite moment is easily when he gets the hammer and his power back, when the hammer comes flying in and he grabs it. I had the biggest smile on my face such a great moment.

I agree, with that music playing and the slow walking towards The Destroyer is just amazing. My favorite moment is easily when he gets the hammer and his power back, when the hammer comes flying in and he grabs it. I had the biggest smile on my face such a great moment.

That was my favorite scene as well!:yay:

probebly the scene I remeber the most was when he walked up to the destoryer armor and apologiesed to Loki for however he had wronged him all the way up to the end. But that starting moment really showed that Thor was reallly concerned for Loki and felt genuely sad for how he may have hurt him.

One of mine is after the Frost Giants broke into the vault and Thor is having a back and forth with Odin. He then says to him, "As king of Asgard ...." only to be interrupted by Odin's, ".... BUT YOU'RE NOT KING. Not yet." Hopkins really owned that little moment.

Yes, that was ****ing brilliant.

Also, when Odin comes to Jotunheim and Thor is like "We'll crush them together father!" And Odin just hisses at him. "Silence".

But I think my favourite dramatic scene in the whole movie was Loki confronting Odin. Just a masterclass in acting. That scene would not look out of place in some high brow, Oscar bait period drama.

I really dug Hopkins' performance. I think the really great thing about these moments was that, for me, it was quite unexpected. In the trailers, we only saw Odin as a calm, judicious character. Even when he's about to banish Thor his tone is fairly subdued (in the trailer, that is). That's what made his outbursts so cool.

The way he shouts "But your NOT..." and hisses, "Silence" are just so great and an abrupt change from that really measured delivery. So good.

I will also mention the holding cell scene because, again, I didn't expect how moving that would be. The vulnerability with which Thor asks to come home. Really well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"