The Official Doomsday Thread

I liked superman returns but, I think they missed a good opportunity.

I mean I liked the death and return story, but I would have liked to have seen the movie set that as history, rather than him go off into space to seek out a planet, he was told by his father was destroyed, they could have had a cool action sequence from the word go, with Doomsday arriving and starting to destroy metropolis, show the two fight to the climatic end, and the world would move on, because of his death, not because he left. He would come back when the world needs him most.

Thats exactly my thoughts after seeing returns. It's the sequel to a film we never saw. But you have to admit it's kinda silly to just kill the hero on his big comeback... except that's what they did in returns... hmmm

Thats exactly my thoughts after seeing returns. It's the sequel to a film we never saw. But you have to admit it's kinda silly to just kill the hero on his big comeback... except that's what they did in returns... hmmm

I am not really sure how they would have brought him back to life in the movie adaptation, but I wonder what all they could have done with lex luthor, keep the vague history, drop the marry old widow on death bed that annoyed the crap out of me, I mean its too easy, Luthor maybe a badguy but even badguys have their pride thats the kind of stunt I would have expected out of an underling of luthors.

I am not really sure how they would have brought him back to life in the movie adaptation, but I wonder what all they could have done with lex luthor, keep the vague history, drop the marry old widow on death bed that annoyed the crap out of me, I mean its too easy, Luthor maybe a badguy but even badguys have their pride thats the kind of stunt I would have expected out of an underling of luthors.

Yeah, no amount of film school babble about religious symbolism will convince me Luthor using the dastardly schemes thought up by golddiggers like Anna Nichole Smith was the best way to go with the character there.

The parts of returns that work extremely well are the main idea of a superhero returning to win back the world. It would have been amazing to see superman die not lifting luthors otisberg but you know, like in the comic get beaten to death by doomsday. Then I wager we'd see how superman's son would take over for him like superboy did.

Yeah, no amount of film school babble about religious symbolism will convince me Luthor using the dastardly schemes thought up by golddiggers like Anna Nichole Smith was the best way to go with the character there.

The parts of returns that work extremely well are the main idea of a superhero returning to win back the world. It would have been amazing to see superman die not lifting luthors otisberg but you know, like in the comic get beaten to death by doomsday. Then I wager we'd see how superman's son would take over for him like superboy did.

I would like to have seen luthor dabble in politics, his greatest rival is dead, why bother with what he views now as the small stuff he can move on to bigger and better things.

As for doomsday, I agree about him just being a random killing machine should be open to change.

I would like to see them have him be formerly a kryptonian abducted by braniac and experimented on, I mean not go overboard with braniac, just use him for the purpose of backstory for doomsday, have braniac program doomsday to seek out and destroy kal el. Have him give him one days warning to come out and face him or earth would pay the penalty, I know this is a little zod esque, but unlike zod doomsday actually kills superman.

They could even save the braniac sup plot for post death him looking into doomsdays orgins upon his return.

I would like to have seen luthor dabble in politics, his greatest rival is dead, why bother with what he views now as the small stuff he can move on to bigger and better things.

Yes. I couldn't believe my eyes when I came here and saw people defending wacky wig wearing luthor 2.0. This is bryan Singer we're talking about, the man who had xavier and magneto sitting down playing chess as a metaphor for their rivalry. Good grief, what posessed him to rehash the old school luthor I'll never know...

Not a bad idea... I'd have preferred anything closer to the comic and further from the old movie.

As for doomsday, I agree about him just being a random killing machine should be open to change.

I have my views on this I wrote in a thread a year ago that's now deep in the bottom of the hype rotting in cyber hell... it was something about superman meeting his opposite, not just bizarro but something that's purely evil, no remorse, no pity, just a bad mo fo pure and simple and I like that. It's not as if superman's the most complex superhero in the world. He's the ultimate good guy. To me doomsday's the ultimate bad guy and when they clash, it's telling me when two opposites do battle, neither side truly wins. that's why I took from it anyway. I liked how superman couldn't solve the problem without giving himself up. "It's him or me." damn if that isn't something superman would say when facing the devil himself. I can't wait for that new movie.

I would like to see them have him be formerly a kryptonian abducted by braniac and experimented on, I mean not go overboard with braniac, just use him for the purpose of backstory for doomsday, have braniac program doomsday to seek out and destroy kal el. Have him give him one days warning to come out and face him or earth would pay the penalty, I know this is a little zod esque, but unlike zod doomsday actually kills superman.

They could even save the braniac sup plot for post death him looking into doomsdays orgins upon his return.

I'm thinking that's plausible. What was doomsday, a science project or something? I can't remember exactly. All I know is he should not just fall out of the sky like the symbiote. That's just ******ed. I'm of half a mind for Richard to become Doomsday... why not...

I'm thinking that's plausible. What was doomsday, a science project or something? I can't remember exactly. All I know is he should not just fall out of the sky like the symbiote. That's just ******ed. I'm of half a mind for Richard to become Doomsday... why not...

I could see richard, realizing that its not his son and leave and do a bit of soul searching and in the process being grabbed for the purpose of experimentation, even have braniac set up a base on the kryptonian island flying in space, for the purpose of watching his plan come to fruitition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"