Flash Trilogy - Your thoughts and ideas

flashsculptadult.jpg

Just something intersting I found, not saying I want this to be what the costume looks like.
Actually I think the Flash, similar to Daredevil, would be hard to have on the big screen without him seeming goofy.

• What are your thoughts about suit versions?
The wingtips on his mask are a great signiture, and I bet they could come up with a nifty explanation for them, like the cape in Batman Begins.

Wasn't the explanation for the wingtips on the mask having something to do with hearing?
Like he had them on to allow him to hear things even though he was moving really fast or something?
I know once in the comic he was getting them fixed, like they were headphones.
Maybe they are so he can hear police reports.

Im pretty sure they are for police reports and JLA commlinks

What about Joe Carnahan helming? Wouldn't be bad, huh?

Who should be protagonist in the entire trilogy? Jay Garrick? Barry Allen? Wally West? Or maybe Bart Allen?

Wally West in all three films. We'd see Barry in flashbacks, while Jay would have a supporting part.

What villians should be put in the trilogy?

Film 1 - Gorilla Grodd
Film 2 - Kobra
Film 3 - Zoom and Abra Kadabra

Some of the other rogues would appear throughout in smaller parts.

Who should be the love interest?

Linda Park

Who should play Flash?

Matthew Fox

Who should play the villains?

Grodd would be animatronic and/or CGI; I'd have to think about the others.

Who should play the love interest?

Grace Park

Who would be the best choice of director?

Without getting too unrealistic: Brad Silberling.

What comics should be used as an inspiration for film?

A melding of ideas and storylines drawn from the runs of Bill Messner-Loeb, Mark Waid, and Geoff Johns.

What cities/countries would be best for filming?

Somewhere with lots of sunshine and a bright, friendly feel: Sydney would fit the bill.

What would be the best way to show scenes with Flash using his superspeed? Slow-Motion maybe?

A variety of effects should be used, including slow motion and Flash popping up in various places in a room with no visible movement between them. It would look almost like instant transportation, except he's actually moving so fast the eye can't pick it up.

How would you make one movie, if you got $150m from WB?

I'd play heavily on the fact that the mantle of The Flash is a legacy, handed down from generation to generation. The film would be fun and have a lot of humor, but still have depth, drama and a real sense of danger. Wally would fall in love with Linda Park, battle Gorilla Grodd and his forces, and come to terms with his feelings of whether he's properly living up to the example Barry set as a great superhero.

What are your thoughts about suit versions?

The traditional suit Wally wears in the comics, but enhanced with materials and some minor CGI elements that would give the appearance of a shimmering, crackling speed force at work whenever he wears it. The lightning bolt wings on his head and boots, for example, could actually be crackling bits of lightning instead of plastic stick-ons.

good god can someone puhleeeeze suggest someone for barry (whom i think the movie should be about) who ISN'T ryan reynolds, seriously i know he has vyed for the part but come on people, there are OTHER actors beleive it or not.

Who should be protagonist in the entire franchise?

Wally West

What villains should be put in the franchise?

Flash: Murmur/Captain Cold
Flash 2: Abra Kadabra/Mirror Master/Trickster
Flash 3: Weather Wizard/Magenta/Captain Boomerang
Flash 4: Grodd
Flash 5: Zoom

Who should be the love interest?

Linda Park

Who should play Flash?

John Krasinski

244.krasinski.john.100606.jpg

Who should play the love interest?

Linda Park

linda-park.jpg

Who would be the best choice of director?

David Fincher (Alien3, Se7en, Panic Room, Fight Club, Zodiac)
or
Louis Leterrier (Transporter, Transporter 2, 2008 Incredible Hulk)

What cities/countries would be best for filming?

Sydney, Australia – Location
Pinewood Studios – On Set/Back-Lot

What are your thoughts about suit versions?

Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr. to head costume department.

Evolution of the Spiderman suit. Deep Crimson, and Muted Gold.

What comics should be used as an inspiration for film?

Any and all material from Geoff Johns and Mark Waid.

What would be the best way to show scenes with Flash using his superspeed? Slow-Motion maybe?

Kinetic, and energetic. Almost anime in a way. Slow-Motion action has gotten far too overblown now.

------------------------------

CFE

Who should play villains? - pt 1

Murmur – Bill Moseley

42381_be.jpg

Captain Cold - Robert Patrick

doggettpic37.jpg

Weather Wizard - Kevin Bacon

bacon.lrg.jpg

Trickster - Mark Hamill

8936_24829_1.jpg

Abra Kadabra – Alan Rickman

Alan_Rickman.jpg

CFE

Who should play villains? - pt 2

Magenta – Courtney Cox Arquette

courtney-cox-picture-1.jpg

Zoom - William Fichtner

william_fichtner_prison_break.jpg

Captain Boomerang – David Thewlis

david_thewlis_07.jpg

Mirror Master - Nathan Fillion

182131__firefly_l.jpg

Grodd – Andy Serkis

SerkisTwoFace.jpg

CFE

GLL and CFE have some outstanding ones, though I disagree with their villain lineups. John Krasinski is especially inspired. Obviously, if we're going to have Barry in a Wally movie, getting John Wesley Shipp would be super-duper ideal.

Movie 1: Cobalt Blue with brief Captain Boomerang

You want a villain that will adequately bridges the generation gap (having fought Barry and kid Flash in flashbacks) while still providing a challenge for Wally's speed, and the best way to show it off, obviously, is contrasting it with other speed. At the same time, you want to introduce the concept of a flash-style Rogue.

Movie 2: Rogues - Captain Cold, Heatwave, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, Magneta

Get the whole nine and rock it out to the max. Have fun with the betrayals, the falling short and everything.

Movie 3: Zoom

With the whole Time-travel thing and all.

As of yet,I'd be undecided on the villains. Keep the costume the same as the Barry Allen/Wally West costume :yay:
Also, I personally think an amalgam of Barry Allen with Wally West would be great. I think there should be a few wisecracks,so Wally West should be the Flash. but also incorporate some of the Barry Allen stuff, such as the origin & I believe the scene where he's at the cinema & getting shot,but he's so fast that he feels a nudge on his neck, which turns out to be a bullet; I think that would look cool on screen :wow: :hyper:
Have the attitude of Wally with the responsibility of Barry :word:

why does it have to be a trilogy?

Can't we just have one really good standalone film?

I wouldn't mind that,but you know the producers are cash cows :hyper: lol
Daredevil: Director's Cut is (in my opinion) a good example of a great standalone film, but I would like that franchise to continue because he's my 2nd favourite comic book superhero (after Spidey :woot: :oldrazz: ), which seems unlikely at this moment :csad:

You know fanboys want everything to be a trilogy. Their main complaint about Iron Man was that Downey is too old to do a trilogy.

I'd like to see a series of Flash films, but each film should stand on its own and not feel like one incomplete part of a whole. That's the way to approach it in my opinion.

they can always shoot sequels back to back. But that would only happen if the first film was very successful.

I dont see why the whole trilogy would have to be about just ONE flash, flash is a mantle charecter, I think it would be cool to see Barry pass it on to Wally. And even check out Jay with just a hint of Bart

60 years of comics history

2 hours

That's a tall order, but I do like your thinking... press for the utmost quality all around instead of a 'setup movie' in the hopes that the second one will be better. What if they could do a nice 4-rogue movie with Zoom coming in for the last battle.

Is the going back and forth in time between Barry and Wally too much as people get used to this superhero? Not sure, but come to think of it, I'd love to have that instead of something decompressed...

I just hope fans can cope with the amazing amount of stuff that would have to be left out, period.

i'd like to see them use gorilla grodd as the villain in the first movie because they say barry allen is gonna be in the movie with wally west so its gonna be a rite to passage story and grodd is barry's nemises so it makes sense he's the first villain he should fight but i don't think the studio will use him though but other villains i like to see are ultra humanite weather wizzard ,captain cold and mirror master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"