Flash Trilogy - Your thoughts and ideas

Cinemaman

Avenger
Reaction score
Hi folks, I decided to make this thread to learn from your opinion how should really great Flash movie trilogy look like. So here are the questions:
  • Who should be protagonist in the entire trilogy? Jay Garrick? Barry Allen? Wally West? Or maybe Bart Allen?
  • What villians should be put in the trilogy?
  • Who should be the love interest?
  • Who should play Flash?
  • Who should play villians?
  • Who should play the love interest?
  • Who would be the best choice of director?
  • What comics should be used as an inspiration for film?
  • What cities/countries would be best for filmming?
  • What would be the best way to show scenes with Flash using his superspeed? Slow-Motion maybe?
  • How would you make one movie, if you got $150m from WB?
  • What are your thoughts about suit versions?
and etc...

;) :up:

Who should be protagonist in the entire trilogy? Jay Garrick? Barry Allen? Wally West? Or maybe Bart Allen?
Jay would probably be better for a JSA show or movie. They did Barry pretty good on the TV show. I'd probably go with Wally right now, maybe Bart in a couple of years after I've gotten used to him as Flash.

What villians should be put in the trilogy?
They may as well go with Geoff Johns's take on the Rogues. The first film would be the origin story. Maybe he could fight Grodd in the second, and in the third, they can introduce Zoom.

Who should be the love interest?
If Wally's the Flash, then the love interest might as well be Linda.

Who should play Flash?
Ryan Reynolds keeps popping up. He'd work for me.

Who should play villians?
Pass.

Who should play the love interest?
Grace Park.

Who would be the best choice of director?
I have no idea, but here's a few suggestions: Alex Proyas, David S. Goyer, Martin Campbell.

What comics should be used as an inspiration for film?
Geoff Johns. Period.

What cities/countries would be best for filmming?
They'll probably just shoot in Vancouver or something.

What would be the best way to show scenes with Flash using his superspeed? Slow-Motion maybe?
Something innovative, like Spider-Man's swinging. Something combining slow-motion and computer effects, maybe even motion capture.

How would you make one movie, if you got $150m from WB?
Read all of Geoff Johns's issues, and try to put something together based on that.

What are your thoughts about suit versions?
Three generations of Flashes have worn the red suit, so might as well go with that.

Except the Ryan Reynolds thing, I'm in total agreement with absolutely everything you just wrote. :up:
[*]Who should be protagonist in the entire trilogy? Jay Garrick? Barry Allen? Wally West? Or maybe Bart Allen?
Barry would be good for me in the first film and then Wally, but I guess Wally can fit perfectly all alone either. But no Bart Allen at all.
[*]What villians should be put in the trilogy?
Captain Cold, Zoom, the Rogues, Grodd, all his villains are great!
[*]Who should be the love interest?
Linda.
[*]Who would be the best choice of director?
I don't know. But about the story it's beyond obvious for me that G.Johns should write it.
[*]What comics should be used as an inspiration for film?
the G.Johns run is already ready.
[*]What are your thoughts about suit versions?
The tv serie's one is perfect for me ... or almost perfect. But nothing under the quality of the tv one.
flashtvshow.jpg

Who should be protagonist in the entire trilogy? Jay Garrick? Barry Allen? Wally West? Or maybe Bart Allen?
Wally West.

Vandal Savage, Weather Wizard. Introduce Jerry McGee in the first or second film. He becomes Speed Demon in the third.

ish005.jpg

If Wally's the Flash, I'd say he should have four women in the first film. Francis Kane, then he falls in love with Tina McGee and, finally, Linda. When Linda comes into Wally's life, he and Tina are basically just friends, since Wally must recognize that Tina still loves his (ex-)husband. Sounds cheesy, I know, but could work if well done!

Who should play Flash?
Ryan Reynolds would work.

I pass on that one, too.

Pass.

Robert Rodrigues, Alex Proyas, Sam Raimi, Frank Darabont

Differrent comics including Geoff Johns' and Mike Baron's run from 1987...

Pinewood Studios, London. Exterior shoots in Pittsburgh, New York and Los Angeles. Also use CGI for wide shots of the city.

What would be the best way to show scenes with Flash using his superspeed? Slow-Motion maybe?
Pass. But, again, I think Sam Raimi could pull it off, he's an expert in things such as this. (see Evil Dead, Spider-Man)

Read different runs by different writers, try to take the essence of the character and put it into one film. Try to make it as authentic as possible in terms of the Flash's power, study speed and physics for the film. Focus a lot on the characters, not too much on the science-fiction aspect. Wally West's not really a hero, not at the beginning, trying to focus on that, which would make it different from other comic book movies. Also make it as human as possible which you can sure pull off with a character like Wally West who's just one of us.

Red suit. Same material as Spidey's suit, also make it a bit more three-dimensional than the comic book version adding several (subtle) things, playin' with the material.

A thread with some thought! YES!!

Wally West... I think the first movie should be HEAVY on Barry Allen Flashbacks, with an extended Barry-centric opening sequence... but I think Wally West has the ability to tell Barry's story AND Wally's story. And I think both need to be told THIS trilogy.

Well, you end with Zoom, either one, the other, both or a mixture. And in the second I think there's room to expand on 4-5 rogues at once, with two-three being main, one being a joke/one-off and another being minor. I'd suggest trickester as the easily foiled one, with Captain Boomerang as the villain taken out early in the game while Weather Wizard, Heat Wave and Captain Cold comprise the main antagonists in the second movie. But how do you introudce the Flash?

Assuming Wally West, obviously Linda Park with a Magenta subplot in the second movie.

Who should play Flash?

It's easy to say Ryan Reynolds, but really.... Ryan Reynolds.

Now THAT's a hard one... I imagined Edward Norton as the Weather Wizard with someone a bit psycho like Ralph Fiennes as Heat Wave. Somebody with a lot of screen presence and respect as Cold, like Travolta or something. Trickers, I'd go young and give it to Seth Green or something, and a newcomer in the style of Bob Hoskins as Captain Boomerang.

Kelly Hu is FAR too underrated.

Honestly? I'd dare say something like Michael Bay. I'm not looking for a dark cerebral movie, I'm looking for big over the top stuff... assuming Michael can handle a little relativity thinking.

Movie 1: Early Wally West mixed together
Movie 2: Rogue War and some other good Rogue Stuff
Movie 3: The best of the Zooms storylinse, particularly Zoom 2's origin.

I'd say Canada, honestly... if we're pressed for cash, we can find what we need in Australia.

A mix, there should be some slo-motion stuff, but honestly, as the series progresses, people should appear stopped, scarecely moving at all. But also, sometimes Wally should just seem to dissappear, or blur away.

Wow. Give a big intro, with villain cameos of Barry Allen. Best. Superhero. Ever. Dies saving the world breaking the light barrier, leaving behind a bewildered nephew-sidekick. Opening Credits. 15 years later, Wally returns to his hometown after the crime rate gets bad. Aunt Iris as a shell of her former self, whom Wally spends the movie coaxing out and she becomes a valuable motivator. Linda Park as a too smart for her own good girl that gets swept off her feet and Captain Boomerang as a sidekick-styled adversary... happy to have Wally back and test out his rusty skills. (He actually gets a great sequence) as a main villain I would actually want Cobalt Blue as a sort of Anti-Mentor. That'd be fun.

Keep something spandexy, classic and cool for Barry, like something you would see in a Sandy Collora fanfilm. For Wally, give us some new fabric that looks sleek as water but still allows for great flexiblity. I'd actually flatten the lightning bolts on the ears to stylized decals for Flash, and would seriously consider giving him a styled helmet and visor over a cowl...

Again, excellent thread.

Come on, people! It's a great thread, don't let it die!

I would say Wally West and have Barry Allen already be established in the opening credits like Spider-Man 3. We can see Barry battling so some rogues.

About 4 Rogues in the first movie and then about 6 or 7 Rogues again in the second, plus the introduction of Zoom. Third film Zoom.

Linda Park

Who should play Flash?

Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans would be cool if he wasn't the Human Torch.

Captain Cold- Anthony LaPaglia
Weather Wizard- Kevin Bacon
Trickster- Charlie Hunnam
Heat Wave- Micheal Keaton
Pied Piper- cillian Murphy
Zoom- William Fitchner,
Captain Boomerang- Brendan Gleeson

Kelly Hu or Maggie Q

I know I am gonna get flamed for this but........ Tony Scott?

Vancover. Cheap Generic city.

Same material as Fantastic Four/Spider-Man. Scarlett colour.

Geoff Johns'

Like how Neo flys in the matrix movies only his running (if that makes sense) :yay:

* Who should be protagonist in the entire trilogy? Jay Garrick? Barry Allen? Wally West? Or maybe Bart Allen?

Definitely Wally. I think he has a more universal appeal. He knows when to be funny and when to be dramatic plus the idea of legacy is the best thing about the Flash series so that is best to be touched on by having Wally who was like the middle Flash.

* What villians should be put in the trilogy?

The whole Rogues gallery would interesting. They have great team dynamic. BUt there needs to be a ringleader. Even though Captain Cold can be pretty BA in the comic, he would prolly look like a Jackass on screen so Zoom would be best.

* Who should be the love interest?
If its Wally West, it has to be Linda Park. I dont know much about her but in JLU they showed her chasing after Flash rather than the hero trying to get the girl which is the usual way so i think she should be actively seeking a date with him

* Who should play Flash?

Ryan Reynolds. Hes proven he can do funny with pretty much all his eary career. Hes proven he can do action with Blade:Trinity. And hes proven he can do dramatic to an extent with Smokin' Aces even though the film ain't no Oscar winner. I can also see glimpses in his comedy of his real acting ability in the same way that I could see it in Jamie Fox pre-Ray.

* Who should play villians?

I do not really have any suggestions for this, but I would lean toward people with less star power than Ryan Reynolds (which isnt an incredible amount), but the right man for the job is the right man for the job so its up in the air

* Who should play the love interest?

NOt sure

* Who would be the best choice of director?

It needs to be flashy and action-packed but still serious and not too over the top. Peter Berg or Joe Carnahan or Tony Scott could both have a lot of fun with this.

* What cities/countries would be best for filmming?

I dont think fans have ever been asked this question. I'm not sure how to answer it. I think if they can do exteriors near a relatively big city in Missouri (where Central City is supposed to be) that'd be cool. But Canada might be the best bet. The filming incentives are better in that country. They suck in America, except in New Hampshire where there are no shooting fees or permits need. EVER!

* What would be the best way to show scenes with Flash using his superspeed? Slow-Motion maybe?

I like the way they did it in Smallville. I think its best because (i believe) Flash's whole body functions faster so when hes running it appears in slow motion because his brain and eyes percieve things faster which is why he sees more than just a blur.

* What are your thoughts about suit versions?

Similar to The Fantastic Four movie version costumes. It needs to be form fitting to reduce air resistance. Also the ear pieces should be lightning bolts (If i remember they also used wings at one point). No ring, wouldnt work on screen.

Who should be protagonist in the entire trilogy? Jay Garrick? Barry Allen?
Wally West should be the Flash in the movie and leave out Barry Allen and other Flashes.

Captain Cold and Professor Zoom
Whoever is Wally West love interest is.

Who should play Flash?
Jason Lee.

Thats hard

Someone who can act

Goyer, he gets the character.

Johns run on the series.

US

Something like smallville

Read all the comics I can and then try to tell the best story from the comics

Use the traditional costume

Damn, i just typed this whole thing and lost it! Okay

Wally West: Ryan Reynolds
Linda Park: either Kelly Hu, Lucy Liu, or Grace Park (Grace being the cheaper budget wise choice)
Zoom: John Wesly Shipp!

Their should be at least 3 Rogues, Gorilla Grodd, then Zoom
I'd base all the Flash movie(s) around the Geoff Johns run, it's very movie marketable and could very easily be turned into a trilogy.....I'd start with Blitz however cuz the second and thrid films would not be gaurenteed and Blitz is fun, romatic,and tragic. Then again so was Treminal Velocity, but I consider that the greatest love story ever,....also ending the movie with Linda and Wally losing the twins would be a great opportunity to show the depth of comic books that sometimes their movie counterparts lack. Their HAS to be a flashback with Barry as Flash and Wally as Kid Flash....

Wally West: Ryan Reynolds
Linda Park: either Kelly Hu, Lucy Liu, or Grace Park (Grace being the cheaper budget wise choice)
Zoom: John Wesly Shipp!

uhhmm.. no .. Linda Park should play Linda Park !

240x320.jpg
LindaParkFlash.png

• Who should be protagonist in the entire trilogy? Jay Garrick? Barry Allen? Wally West? Or maybe Bart Allen?
Barry Allen
Professor Zoom
Iris West Allen
  • Who should play Flash?
Ryan Gosling
Ryan_Gosling.jpg

Rupert Everett
869887.jpg

Sienna Miller
Sienna_Miller_%282007%29.jpg

the Team of Brian Taylor and Mark Neveldine, they both did Crank.
  • Story
Barry Allen is a police scientist in 2007/8/9 with a reputation for being very slow, deliberate, and frequently late, which frustrates his fiancee, Iris West. One night, as he is preparing to leave work, a lightning bolt shatters a case full of chemicals and spills them all over Allen. As a result, Allen finds that he can run extremely fast and has matching reflexes. He dons a set of red tights sporting a lightning bolt, dubs himself the Flash (after his childhood hero in the comic books, Jay Garrick), and becomes a crimefighter. I took that straight out of Wikipedia I Have no idea how to incorporate Prof. Zoom.

[*]Who should be protagonist in the entire trilogy? Jay Garrick? Barry Allen? Wally West? Or maybe Bart Allen?

I'd like to fit Jay, Barry and Wally into the trilogy. But less emphasis on Jay and Wally, focus on Barry the most.

[*]What villians should be put in the trilogy?

Captain Cold, The Trickster, Mirror Master, and Professor Zoom.

[*]Who should be the love interest?

Give each Flash their respective lovers. Well, in Barry's case, I'd let him have Iris.

[*]Who should play Flash?

It wouldn't exactly work, but dammit, I want John Wesley Shipp to come back to play Barry! For Wally and Jay? I got no idea.

[*]Who would be the best choice of director?

Danny Bilson and Paul DeMeo need to co-op it.

What I would do is start out with the first third of the first film about Jay Garrick. Flash forward to years later and we get Barry's origin, with Jay coming out of retirement to help him by the film's end. Captain Cold and The Trickster (Played again by Mark Hamill!) are the villains, and perhaps Captain Cold is someone who hassled Jay years earlier, so the two Flashes share a greater link.

Second film picks up with Barry fighting as the Flash with Jay sort of an on-off Speedster. By the midway point, Wally becomes Kid Flash, and in the film, they take on the Mirror Master as a minor villain and Professor Zoom as the greater threat, who is fully realized by the end, but mysteriously disappears. Zoom is also played by Shipp.

The third film begins with Barry trying to tie the knot with Iris, but somehow, his life is getting wrecked. Until he eventually gets blamed for a crime he didn't commit. The film deals with him on the run as he tries to discover who ruined his life. Jay and Wally lend support, and eventually, the three Flashes confront the Trickster, assuming it's his fault, but he's only a pawn for Zoom. In the final confrontation, Barry takes Zoom in a climactic battle in which, to stop him, Barry must give up his life. End with Wally taking on the mantle.

I'd prefer the trilogy revolve around Wally West. Start the movie off with a brief telling of Barry Allen, ending with him passing the mantle to Wally.

I know it's been said before, but I really do like the idea of Ryan Reynolds as the Flash/Wally West. I think he looks the part and has his personality down. The Flash is kinda like Spidey, quick to throw in a quip or two while going toe-to-toe.

I'd definitely like to see Gorilla Grodd and Zoom. Possibly a less-camp Captain Cold. Grodd would be done with CGI of course. Zoom could be played by Karl Urban and Captain Cold by Billy Zane.

Introduce Impulse halfway through the third film and end the trilogy with Wally handing the Flash mantle over to Bart.

I'd prefer the trilogy revolve around Wally West. Start the movie off with a brief telling of Barry Allen, ending with him passing the mantle to Wally.

I know it's been said before, but I really do like the idea of Ryan Reynolds as the Flash/Wally West. I think he looks the part and has his personality down. The Flash is kinda like Spidey, quick to throw in a quip or two while going toe-to-toe.

I'd definitely like to see Gorilla Grodd and Zoom. Possibly a less-camp Captain Cold. Grodd would be done with CGI of course. Zoom could be played by Karl Urban and Captain Cold by Billy Zane.

Introduce Impulse halfway through the third film and end the trilogy with Wally handing the Flash mantle over to Bart.

Agreed

"Danny Bilson and Paul DeMeo need to co-op it" - DocLatropBrown

Sorry, but these two need to stay as far away from this project as possible, did you read the first eight issues of the current Flash!?

uhhmm.. no .. Linda Park should play Linda Park !

240x320.jpg
LindaParkFlash.png

See, I said Linda Park at one time too, but she ain't done anything since Enterprise, so I have to go with Yunjin Kim from Lost right now, as she looks moreso like the various artist interpretations of her than Park does.

"Danny Bilson and Paul DeMeo need to co-op it" - DocLatropBrown

Sorry, but these two need to stay as far away from this project as possible, did you read the first eight issues of the current Flash!?

Yes, and I liked it.

Did you see the Flash TV series? Perfection. And those two were behind it.

See, I said Linda Park at one time too, but she ain't done anything since Enterprise, so I have to go with Yunjin Kim from Lost right now, as she looks moreso like the various artist interpretations of her than Park does.
dude.. imagine the credits...

Linda Park As Linda Park! dude!

and she plays one of the leads in the TV series "Raines" .
and shes done 2 movies

The sucky director will probably hire Frankie Munez as The Flash.

Actually, Ryan Gosling isn't a bad choice either.

• Who should be protagonist in the entire trilogy?
I would imagine wally...jay is too obscure, barry is to irrelevant and bart is too new.
I'd like to see zoom personally...if you're gonna do the rogues you really need a bunch of them to be in it.
well if it's wally then its gotta be linda
  • Who should play Flash?
ryan reynolds was on it for a while because goyer was writing it and reynolds requested goyer write a script so he could be the flash...but once dc booted goyers ass in favor of the guy who did night at the museum...(eff me) reynolds bounced too sooooo outsid eof him i dont know.
i suck at that game.
didnt we do that one already?

i was happy with goyer.
  • What comics should be used as an inspiration for film?
i would love to see something like blitz/rogue war...thoguh that can be a little trippy.
  • What cities/countries would be best for filmming?
who knows...something in the midwest
  • What would be the best way to show scenes with Flash using his superspeed? Slow-Motion maybe?
good question....thats why im a graphic designer and not a director
  • How would you make one movie, if you got $150m from WB?
see above.
  • What are your thoughts about suit versions?
i think the standard wally one looks fine...hey man might even get some walter west in there...we all love him right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"