Xbox The Official Gears of War Thread

Yeah it was randoms.

I just finished the campaign. Kinda stopped just as it was getting good. I'm pretty underwhelmed by it. That last segment was amazing, but I wanted the game to keep going.

Oh right. I just started it yesterday night in co-op and did the first Act. Like you said earlier I'm not really a fan of the boring robot enemies that you can get in any other game and looking forward to getting them out of the way. Shame that the first few waves of Horde feature them too. Have you played the previous games?

It needed it! Was too stingy before.

I only get to play on the weekends mostly Friday night and Saturday and I'm enjoying it so far but I'm severely behind in Map recognition I'm getting flanked in MP quite a bit and in Horde teammates quit to often

Yeah that'll happen when there are guys who have had the game early and been playing 24/7 since lol. You can test the maps on private games (think you can turn the bots off) if you juts want to learn them quickly without the pressure of a real game. Also there is the co-op Vs AI which can be played on casual to learn maps.

Yes a lot of people quit on Horde unfortunately. Can add me if you want as our group doesn't quit.

is this story pretty much self-contained, with a good review/recap of the prior games?

or do you really need to have played the prior games to understand and enjoy the story?

is this story pretty much self-contained, with a good review/recap of the prior games?

or do you really need to have played the prior games to understand and enjoy the story?

Well, you are the son of Marcus Fenix. Problematic relationship. The planet lives some relative peace after the events of the original trilogy. You will be spoiled by deaths of previous characters. It's a new cast for new age, basically. New with some old.

If you're interested, just watch a quick recap on YT. That will do it.

Well, you are the son of Marcus Fenix. Problematic relationship. The planet lives some relative peace after the events of the original trilogy. You will be spoiled by deaths of previous characters. It's a new cast for new age, basically. New with some old.

If you're interested, just watch a quick recap on YT. That will do it.

thanks.

Some of it will be more rewarding by knowing what happens in the previous stories. The previous games are quick campaigns. About 5 hours each solo and for more speed can be played on casual difficulty and in co-op. They are backward compatible and pretty much free too if you care (plus loads of free download codes going around). Otherwise yeah just watch the scenes on youtube although it might have less impact that way.

Some of it will be more rewarding by knowing what happens in the previous stories. The previous games are quick campaigns. About 5 hours each solo and for more speed can be played on casual difficulty and in co-op. They are backward compatible and pretty much free too if you care (plus loads of free download codes going around). Otherwise yeah just watch the scenes on youtube although it might have less impact that way.

thanks.

edit: and it looks like they're running a promo where if you purchase/download GOW 4 before the end of 2016, MS will send you code tokens to download all the 360 GOW games as BC.

just redeemed my code for GOW 4, so I guess I'll await those code tokens. :)

Last edited:
thanks.

edit: and it looks like they're running a promo where if you purchase/download GOW 4 before the end of 2016, MS will send you code tokens to download all the 360 GOW games as BC.

just redeemed my code for GOW 4, so I guess I'll await those code tokens. :)
Oh great. They've given codes for the past games quite a few times too. What X console have you got now then, or do you mean you'll be saving the codes for when you buy one in future?

Oh great. They've given codes for the past games quite a few times too. What X console have you got now then, or do you mean you'll be saving the codes for when you buy one in future?

I just got the Gears 1TB console!!

the $50 sale made it $100 cheaper than the Pro. too good to pass up! :woot:

That's how disappointed I was with the Pro. It drove me back to the X1.....lol.

also, since my old router was having trouble and had to be replaced, I started to suspect it was my router, and not the console, that was causing the networking problems from before. Hopefully......knock on wood.

and, I heard that they were updating the Blu-Ray app to properly upscale 1080p Blu-Rays to 4k ( it works now ).

so, the issues I had before were removed and I could not resist the call to come back home to Xbox. :oldrazz:

I just got the Gears 1TB console!!

the $50 sale made it $100 cheaper than the Pro. too good to pass up! :woot:

That's how disappointed I was with the Pro. It drove me back to the X1.....lol.

also, since my old router was having trouble and had to be replaced, I started to suspect it was my router, and not the console, that was causing the networking problems from before. Hopefully......knock on wood.

and, I heard that they were updating the Blu-Ray app to properly upscale 1080p Blu-Rays to 4k ( it works now ).

so, the issues I had before were removed and I could not resist the call to come back home to Xbox. :oldrazz:
Oh congrats!

At least having previously owned the S you know what to expect so you're unlikely to be disappointed if your previous problems are fixed (internet and upscaling).

Oh congrats!

At least having previously owned the S you know what to expect so you're unlikely to be disappointed if your previous problems are fixed (internet and upscaling).

yep. that's true.

and as I've said before, I always feel more at "home" with the X1 and Xbox brand. I like the MS ecosystem and I want to be part of that for my gaming.

yep. that's true.

and as I've said before, I always feel more at "home" with the X1 and Xbox brand. I like the MS ecosystem and I want to be part of that for my gaming.

Did you ever have a 360? I feel you should do Gears 4, Halo 5 and Forza Horizon 3 just as part of the novelty of bedding in with the new brand lol.

Did you ever have a 360? I feel you should do Gears 4, Halo 5 and Forza Horizon 3 just as part of the novelty of bedding in with the new brand lol.

Yeah. I had a 360. Got it in '08 I think. Got the 360 before I got a PS3. The 360 was my first Xbox console and the first console I got when I made the switch from the old tube tv to HDtv.

Despite reports of RROD, my 360 never gave me much trouble and lasted a good 6 years or so when I traded it in.

Maybe that's why I have more of a loyalty towards Xbox than PlayStation, since I got the 360 before the PS3.

oh, and I do have Forza Horizon 3. I want to play through the Master Chief Collection before getting Halo 5 ( unless I see it cheap during BF ).

I also want to play Quantum Break, Ori, Recore, and other X1 exclusives that I've been wanting to try out.

Yeah. I had a 360. Got it in '08 I think. Got the 360 before I got a PS3. The 360 was my first Xbox console and the first console I got when I made the switch from the old tube tv to HDtv.

Despite reports of RROD, my 360 never gave me much trouble and lasted a good 6 years or so when I traded it in.

Maybe that's why I have more of a loyalty towards Xbox than PlayStation, since I got the 360 before the PS3.

oh, and I do have Forza Horizon 3. I want to play through the Master Chief Collection before getting Halo 5 ( unless I see it cheap during BF ).

I also want to play Quantum Break, Ori, Recore, and other X1 exclusives that I've been wanting to try out.
Oh right. It all makes much more sense now. Yeah good plan on doing MCC first. Are you impressed with Forza? Can take this general game discussion to the X1 chat if you want unless you want to talk more about Gears (which I definitely recommend lol).

Oh right. It all makes much more sense now. Yeah good plan on doing MCC first. Are you impressed with Forza? Can take this general game discussion to the X1 chat if you want unless you want to talk more about Gears (which I definitely recommend lol).

yeah. we can take this to the general X1 thread. :cwink:

Yeah it's great to get the new maps but it sucks that we also lose 2 from the rotation (Relic and Gridlock).

Yeah that'll happen when there are guys who have had the game early and been playing 24/7 since lol. You can test the maps on private games (think you can turn the bots off) if you juts want to learn them quickly without the pressure of a real game. Also there is the co-op Vs AI which can be played on casual to learn maps.

Yes a lot of people quit on Horde unfortunately. Can add me if you want as our group doesn't quit.

completely forgot these game forums lol I'll add you when I get a chance but you can add me as well

xbox gamer tag: supreme beast78

Yeah it's great to get the new maps but it sucks that we also lose 2 from the rotation (Relic and Gridlock).

Gridlock was the only map I feel at home for obvious reasons and they take it and the excuse they used [community will be overwhelmed with so many maps] is rather insulting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"