• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Halo thread!

I always imagined the beginning of the movie to be like 300.

I really hope you don't see his face. That will be daring for a film like this. Following a hero where you can't see his face will be wuite interesting.

I don't think they can follow Chief as the main character. The plot will be driven by Cortana, Keyes, and Johnson.

I've said it a lot of times in many places but I really hope the movie just revolves around the marines. :up: Blomkamp's shorts and the Bungie ads show that a movie would be great even without the Chief.

For me, i would just like it to be centered round Master chief. Hes one of the most reconisable game characters today anway...

Which is ironical coz no one has seen his face. :D

The game has a big enough fanbase to survive a feature film in the universe without its iconic hero. I wouldn't mind seeing the Chief in action but really, at this point I'll just settle for some wicked space and ground battles between humanity and the covenant.

Which is ironical coz no one has seen his face. :D

The game has a big enough fanbase to survive a feature film in the universe without its iconic hero. I wouldn't mind seeing the Chief in action but really, at this point I'll just settle for some wicked space and ground battles between humanity and the covenant.

I don't think that would be the best idea, especially since the books offer us such great material to adapt cinematicly. Yes, you'd see Cheif's face, but honestly, I really wouldn't care, especially if they do an adaptation of The Fall of Reach.

A few years ago for ****s and giggles I was translating Fall of Reach into a screenplay page for page, I never finished but it was pretty badass. The movie would have to be epic to do the story any justice, and really I'd rather see a new story being told over an adaptation.

It's not even a matter of seeing his face. I myself would love to see the Spartan training program fleshed out from imagination, from their abductions to their surgical enhancements to their MJOLNIR armor; But with the depth from the novel it could feel half-assed on the silver screen. I trust in Bungie not allowing that though, and I'm simply hoping for a brutal sci-fi war film, but that's just me.

A few years ago for ****s and giggles I was translating Fall of Reach into a screenplay page for page, I never finished but it was pretty badass. The movie would have to be epic to do the story any justice, and really I'd rather see a new story being told over an adaptation.

It's not even a matter of seeing his face. I myself would love to see the Spartan training program fleshed out from imagination, from their abductions to their surgical enhancements to their MJOLNIR armor; But with the depth from the novel it could feel half-assed on the silver screen. I trust in Bungie not allowing that though, and I'm simply hoping for a brutal sci-fi war film, but that's just me.

I'm a little confused, are you saying the novel wasn't in-depth enough to do the story justice on screen?

However, I would definitely love to see an adaptation of Reach, because that's what made the Halo mythos more then the generic alien/human war story. I love the "for the greater good" theme that's explored in it, with the doctor wondering if what she did was right (in terms of kidnapping the children and all that). Not only that, but it's a perfect introduction of the Covenant.

Other way around. :up: It's an amazing story but there's too much stuff to compact.

That live action trailer is all kinds of awesome.

If they make a movie, I'm almost inclined to say I'd prefer if they focused on the Marines.

Yeah, Chief can be more like a God like figure whom the marines refer to and might spot him on the field of battle.

Who knows, maybe they can do the characters from ODST.

Other way around. :up: It's an amazing story but there's too much stuff to compact.

Oh yes, I agree. You wouldn't be able to fit everything in. I would give much of the tech stuff a background to the character development of the major players. Introduce it similar to how the tech in TDK or Batman Begins was introduced by Fox. Quick and to the point. However, for stuff like the operation
where many of the spartans die
I would have them explain that a bit more, to emphasize the importance.

Besides that, I would play up the kind of "jaws"-like tension that was created before they actually see the covenant species.

I also love the characterization of Captain Keys. It actually made me care about him when he died in the Halo game.

i hope Blomkamp directs it
How faithful do you plan on staying to the design of Master Chief's armor? Neill Blomkamp: Master Chief is certainly something that I do not want to change too much at all, there are certain things inside the Halo universe that are sacred and he's the main one. Having said that, there is a need to revise certain parts of him, just from a purely technical standpoint, he has to actually be able to move, like a human, and the game design right now does not allow for full motion freedom, which we will have to achieve.

Quint: Guy in a suit? CGI creation? Mixture of both?
Neill Blomkamp: Well, the film has to have a feeling of reality, and so that means that I want to keep him real as much as I can, there is a necessity for him to become cg in sequences where a guy in a suit would just not work, but for the most part I am aiming for real.

I don't follow Halo news too closely, but I like the universe, and I'd love to see a movie set in it. Any word on the Blomkamp shorts/veterans shorts/the new ODST ad making it on some sort of a DVD? Maybe as bonus features on that Halo animated DVD they're working on?

Dunno anything about a DVD but look up the Halo Wars cutscenes on youtube, when they're put together it makes a nice short movie. :up:

It's generally a bad idea to do a strict adaption, well actually it's generally a bad idea to adapt video games into movies period, but I digress.

I don't see what the big deal is with showing Master Chief's face. We see his face as a kid in a flashback in one of the trailers. Is it the end of the world if we see his adult face? We even know his basic features from the novel(s) and flashback.

I understand that in the games it's something of a tradition, but with film adaptions you have to be pragmatic.

If it's such a problem they can always use another Spartan, or a whole Spartan team like in Halo Wars.

I wouldnt mind in Fall of the Reach, them showing Cheif's face. I mean...you kinda have too. But the way i'd work is, hire a great actor, that no one has ever seen before.

Also, must be a ginger. Since Chief is a red head.

Hire Steve Downes. Don't show Chief's face.

And I'm positive there was a quote about how they will be not removing the helmet and not showing his face from someone. I'd have to dig through RVB's Halo movie thread, and that's something nobody wants to do.

I wouldnt mind in Fall of the Reach, them showing Cheif's face. I mean...you kinda have too. But the way i'd work is, hire a great actor, that no one has ever seen before.

Also, must be a ginger. Since Chief is a red head.

....I think you're getting him confused. Cheif's friend who was also a Spartan (Sam I think?) was a red head. He
died when they first battled the Covenant

Yeah, Chief can be more like a God like figure whom the marines refer to and might spot him on the field of battle.

Who knows, maybe they can do the characters from ODST.

That's the way I see him or would want to see him portrayed in a film. Like he's almost a myth and I think saving him for the end climax would be a great payoff.

I hope all the people that shot down this movie punch themselves in the balls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"