The Official Hellboy/B.P.R.D. Thread

I just finished up Conqueror Worm last night, and my initial reaction is "More Lobster Johnson, please".

That guy's nuts.

That's my favourite HB story....I'd love to see a movie based on that comic arc.

The scene with Rasputin and the German girl made me realise Rasputin is NOT your typical bad guy.

Lobster Johnson rules. I think there was talk a while ago about Mignola doing a Lobster Johnson mini or one-shot, but I don't think anything ever came of it.

I think it's still in the works, actually. I can't remember where, but I did read something just recently about it.

Also, there's talk of Bruce Campbell taking on the role in Hellboy 3.

I think I would explode if Lobster Johnson and Bruce Campbell came together as one...

I'd just go see the movie and like it a lot, but that's just me. :cwink:

Fine, but only because you phrased your request like Uncle Jessie.

UncleJesse.gif

Full House was the pinnacle of primetime family sitcoms. :up:

Oh yeah, I managed to score a copy of Darkness Falls #1 from my shop. I guess I missed it the week it came out because they still had two copies on the racks they move one- or two-week-old comics to. I saw it on my way out and asked them to hold it in my file since they have a credit card minimum and I didn't have any cash. So I'll buy it with next week's comics and get to readin'. :up:

Full House was the pinnacle of primetime family sitcoms. :up:

Oh yeah, I managed to score a copy of Darkness Falls #1 from my shop. I guess I missed it the week it came out because they still had two copies on the racks they move one- or two-week-old comics to. I saw it on my way out and asked them to hold it in my file since they have a credit card minimum and I didn't have any cash. So I'll buy it with next week's comics and get to readin'. :up:

The tone of the story, and even the way it's told is a lot different from past Hellboy issues.

And when I went to San Fransisco, we sought out the park in the intro, and had a picnic there. The spirit of Uncle Jesse was there. I felt it.

Of course. I even grabbed the nearest child in a pink sweat suit and told it to look like it's having fun.

Yep. We brought a radio with us and listened to the Rush Hour Renegades. Then we went on over to the Smash Club to see Jesse and the Rippers play. It was a good day.

*sigh*

This isn't going to work, if it's just going to be the two of us. Seriously, no one else on the Hype digs Hellboy?

At the end of the Wake the Devil trade, Rasputin wonders if a man can "become a god."

Was this plotline ever elaborated upon? If so, where?

And the BPRD/Abe-centric stories, are they in the graphic novel form, or just regular comic book? I need to know where to look. :yay:

At the end of the Wake the Devil trade, Rasputin wonders if a man can "become a god."

Was this plotline ever elaborated upon? If so, where?

And the BPRD/Abe-centric stories, are they in the graphic novel form, or just regular comic book? I need to know where to look. :yay:

Someone else in this thread?! That's craziness.

In repsonse to your questions, I think Darkness Calls is going to build off of a lot of the stuff in Wake the Devil. And the BPRD series is like Hellboy. It's a series of miniseries. The current one is Garden of Souls.

Read a few volumes of B.R.P.D, though I'm still missing a few, and a few hellboy trades...but wow, not that the art was bad for the other arcs, but they really should have kept Ryan Sook...ever since I saw his work on Buffy Ring of Fire, he reminded me of Mike Mignola, and I automatically assumed in this book it was Mignola till I read the credits later...

Is Roger still dead? I liked him...and is Hellboy coming back to the B.R.P.D? What's the new Hellboy mini about and is it any good?

I also noticed that the plague of frogs are going to make an apperance in the videogame which is cool...

I also can't wait for the new series of figures...

and what happened to the proposed Hellboy vs Universal Monsters? I'd buy that for a dollar...

I bought issue 2 of "Darkness Calls". Ha ha! Finally, Hecate got owned!

I finally got Wake the Devil in the mail yesterday, which completes my Hellboy collection. I think I'm going to read that after work today, and then reread Darkness Calls #1 before diving into #2.

On the BPRD front, I also got The Black Flame in the mail, so that'll be read some time this weekend, then Universal Machine and then finally I can read those 3 issues of Garden of Souls I've been sitting on.

It took awhile, but now I've got every Hellboy and BPRD issue. :up:

This "Darkness Calls", is it collected in TPB form yet? I could've swore I saw Hecate in the Strange Places TBP, along with several of Big Red's older foes. :huh:

Oh, and congrats, photojones! Did you ever check out The Bones of Giants by Christopher Golden? Argueably the best Hellboy novel I've ever read...though I do have a small library of those: The Lost Army, The Bones of Giants, On Earth As It Is In Hell (weakest one, imo), and most recently The Dragon Pool (second favorite). :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"