The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
The haters have a thread, so I am making one for those disappointed by this reboot!

I liked all three. I thought Toby dancing was funny.

Raimi will be missed. We may not get to see Peter Parker and MJ get married, but at least Raimi's trilogy had a beginning, middle, and end. It might not get quite the send off it deserved, but at least it Raimi gave us two great movies and one good one (IMO).

Sony is taking the loser's way out. Reboots are not a get-out-of-jail-free card when a franchise has a weak link, and I hope that the box office results for Spider-Man Begins prove me right.

Let's get some o' dat dancing Toby in here!

ih04tc.gif

Raimi will be missed, and I hope people feel foolish when they see what Sony will now have in store for them and realised that it was whining about John Malkovich as the Vulture being the villain that got them there. Ridiculous.

Knock yourself out Kid :cwink:

I will :heart:

Thank you for making this thread.

No prob :)

I feel like this had to be made. We're getting a new Spider-Man series, but Raimi is responsible in large part for the boom of comic book films, and making Spider-Man as huge as he is now. I have enjoyed his run on Spidey, and wanted to see it end on a higher mark.

Let's remember the good times in here :spidey:

Raimi will be missed. We may not get to see Peter Parker and MJ get married, but at least Raimi's trilogy had a beginning, middle, and end. It might not get quite the send off it deserved, but at least it Raimi gave us two great movies and one good one (IMO).

Sony is taking the loser's way out. Reboots are not a get-out-of-jail-free card when a franchise has a weak link, and I hope that the box office results for Spider-Man Begins prove me right.

I agree. SM3 was not a bad movie. Just not as good as the first 2.

I think Sony's handling of this is somewhat unprofessional. It seems like they are throwing Raimi under the bus, and leaking all this garbage on him. I have no respect for that.

I did not like S3 but I think it's a shame Raimi couldn't have delivered one final great Spidey film that gives a proper conclusion before stepping down (the somber S3 finale is kind of a depressing place to end it IMO). And it's a shame I won't get to see Malkovich as the Vulture, and the Vulture becoming a more well-known and respected villain.

What bothers me is how incomplete Raimi's films are now. There was absolutely no closure.

Agreed. This is what I wanted from SM4. Closure. Ending it on SM3 is weird, cause they kind of get back together, kind of don't. I feel like there is more to be told when watching it. I would have been all for a reboot after SM4, but to get it now really disappoints me :csad:

I liked all three. I thought Toby dancing was funny.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE MATT I USED TO KNOW AND RESPECT?!?!?!?!

LOL.. Really? Funny Ha Ha or Funny CRINGE SAD??? :cwink:

I will always love these films. Spider-Man 3, while very flawed, Is my favorite. Gee, I wonder how long it is before DACMAN and his army join in to bash....

What bothers me is how incomplete Raimi's films are now. There was absolutely no closure.

I wouldn't say that. Peter Parker and MJ presumably made up and eventually got married, because it ended with Peter going back to MJ and the two of them having an embrace. There was no real cliffhanger in Spider-Man 3-- no unresolved plot points. If it had ended with Peter looking at MJ through the window of the jazz cafe then yes, it would not have ended with closure, but the fact that he went in and held MJ again showe us that they were both ready to start healing, and that better times were ahead of them.

I love Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, and I can't thank him enough for making those movies. Spider-Man 1 is my favorite superhero origin movie, Spider-Man 2 is my favorite comic book movie PERIOD (and I don't think anything will top it), and Spider-Man 3, while heavily flawed, is still an enjoyable movie for me to watch.

Haters to the left. Raimi rocks.

I somewhat like the first entry, like the sequel a lot and hate the third film.

Spider-Man: 6.5/10
Spider-Man 2: 8/10
Spider-Man 3: 2/10

I will always love these films. Spider-Man 3, while very flawed, Is my favorite. Gee, I wonder how long it is before DACMAN and his army join in to bash....

I hope they do it in other threads. I made this thread for us to discuss what we liked about the trilogy, possibility of a 3.1, what did you want from SM4, and to just overall show appreciation for a franchise that I feel we have all taken for granted since the SM3 backlash.

I'm not going into the "We Hated Raimi's Spider-Man" thread, and I hope they respect mine.

I hope they do it in other threads. I made this thread for us to discuss what we liked about the trilogy, possibility of a 3.1, what did you want from SM4, and to just overall show appreciation for a franchise that I feel we have all taken for granted since the SM3 backlash.

I'm not going into the "We Hated Raimi's Spider-Man" thread, and I hope they respect mine.

:up: THIS. No hate here guys. Even if you absolutely detest SM3, this is a positive-only thread please.

I have a really bad feeling about this reboot. Nothing to do with me being so in love with Raimi that I want it to fail, but it is just the way the whole thing has been handled. Even down to what Sony was doing during SM3. I really think the reboot is in the wrong hands.

Heck yeah! Long live the Raimi!

raimis_army.jpg

LOL! I love this poster.

I'm glad I made this thread! Good to see some other people on here willing to stick up for Raimi :yay:

i was really looking forward to spider-man 4 but oh well, really going to miss raimi's spiderman

cryspideycryel7.gif

IMO, although he had to re-hash pretty much all of Elfman's themes, Young's score for SM3 was my favorite. Sad we didn't get an official release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"