Iron Man 3 The Official IM3 Trailer Thread! - Part 1

She's always pissed at him, since her first scene in IM1.

She was never pissed at him in the first movie. Upset or slightly frustrated with him, maybe, but never pissed. For the most part, she was very even-tempered and understanding of Tony.

She was surprisingly very pissed and very out-of-character in Iron Man 2 (one of the many reasons why I dislike that movie so much). They got her character completely wrong in that film.

Pepper is pissed because he slept with Maya Hansen and impregnated her. The shot of her in the Hulkbuster armor is Pepper coming after Tony to bash him up.

Doubt it. I mean, c'mon, the higher ups were hesitant to let the word ***** to be used, no way will Disney ever allow them to go down that road.

I don't see why. I mean, hell, in TA, Stark even mentions a "huge bag of weed" when asking Banner how he stays so calm.

I don't see why. I mean, hell, in TA, Stark even mentions a "huge bag of weed" when asking Banner how he stays so calm.

And "mewling quim". :oldrazz:

Also, in X-Men:FC Wolverine got a "go F*** youself" past the suits.

After Feige mentioning those scenes with swearing I really want to see that version of the film.

^^Well, you are allowed one F-word in a PG-13 movie so I don't think they cared.

And "mewling quim". :oldrazz:

Also, in X-Men:FC Wolverine got a "go F*** youself" past the suits.

After Feige mentioning those scenes with swearing I really want to see that version of the film.

Yep, and even Bruce talked about attempting suicide with a gun, but the "big guy" spit the bullet out.

She was never pissed at him in the first movie. Upset or slightly frustrated with him, maybe, but never pissed. For the most part, she was very even-tempered and understanding of Tony.

She was surprisingly very pissed and very out-of-character in Iron Man 2 (one of the many reasons why I dislike that movie so much). They got her character completely wrong in that film.

I disagree completely(though I love IM2). She was completely justified in being angry with Tony in that film. Her anger there was coming from a place of caring about him while he was acting erratically and not explaining to her why he was behaving that way. I'd say that given what happens to her in that movie they got her character completely right. This wasn't a situation like Dunst's MJ being a total selfish b***h for all 3 Spidey films or Rachel Dawes being a self-righteous now-it-all pest in the first 2 Batman films. Those characters really didn't have any redeeming reason for being so unlikeable. Pepper in IM2 does.

I disagree completely(though I love IM2). She was completely justified in being angry with Tony in that film. Her anger there was coming from a place of caring about him while he was acting erratically and not explaining to her why he was behaving that way. I'd say that given what happens to her in that movie they got her character completely right. This wasn't a situation like Dunst's MJ being a total selfish b***h for all 3 Spidey films or Rachel Dawes being a self-righteous now-it-all pest in the first 2 Batman films. Those characters really didn't have any redeeming reason for being so unlikeable. Pepper in IM2 does.

i agree about the character, but i felt that Paltrow wasnt her best in IM2.
She was better in avengers lol

You nailed it. Pepper spent most of IM2 being thrown off-guard by Tony's behavior and her responsibility for dealing with the fallout of his actions. By shutting Pepper out, Tony made it impossible for her to understand why he was acting the way he did. Tony unintentionally put Pepper in an untenable position where she had to deal with him on one side and the company/government/press on the other. Thus she could neither help him nor show him the kind of compassion he clearly wanted from her.

You nailed it. Pepper spent most of IM2 being thrown off-guard by Tony's behavior and her responsibility for dealing with the fallout of his actions. By shutting Pepper out, Tony made it impossible for her to understand why he was acting the way he did. Tony unintentionally put Pepper in an untenable position where she had to deal with him on one side and the company/government/press on the other. Thus she could neither help him nor show him the kind of compassion he clearly wanted from her.

no comment on this post, but I love your signature thingy where it says "#coulsonlives ..told you so " hahha.. I heard awhile ago he's Captain Mar-vell and that it will be explain in this Phase of Marvel movies, but who knows? haha. Would be a cool angle to take

Lol. This fan made trailer is hilarious and kinda brilliant.

[YT]H-3-GjZMlyc[/YT]

A quick thought on the scene where the suit is hovering over Tony and Pepper in bed:

If I was a betting man, my money would be on the idea that it's not actually a "nightmare scene" per se, but rather that it's a side-effect of Extremis. By that, I mean to say that it's something along the lines of Tony having a dream/nightmare where he is trying to protect Pepper. The suit is just doing what it's being "told" to do, even if just by Tony's unconscious.

Last edited:
A quick thought on the scene where the suit is hovering over Tony and Pepper in bed:

If I was a betting man, my money would be on the idea that it's not actually a "nightmare scene" per se, but rather that it's a side-effect of Extremis. By that, I mean to say that it's something along the lines of Tony having a dream/nightmare where he is trying to protect Pepper. The suit is just doing what it's being "told" to do, even if just by Tony's conscious.

Makes sense to me.

I know it's just the color maybe, but doesn't the "Hulk Buster Armor" busting through the wall look like it is blueish gray? I know the crimson color could look blue in the dark, just an observation I made.
I don't know who said it, but I agree and I even told my little boys after the first trailer, that my feeling was that it was not Rhodey in the Iron Patriot that walks down the carpet with the uniformed soldiers. The landing seems jagged, like someone who hasn't had experience in the suit. I would think surely by now, Rhodey would have adjusted to the weight of the suit and had better balance when he lands. I could be wrong and it could've been more of way to land cautiously around the secret service guys standing there too.

I know it's just the color maybe, but doesn't the "Hulk Buster Armor" busting through the wall look like it is blueish gray? I know the crimson color could look blue in the dark, just an observation I made.
I don't know who said it, but I agree and I even told my little boys after the first trailer, that my feeling was that it was not Rhodey in the Iron Patriot that walks down the carpet with the uniformed soldiers. The landing seems jagged, like someone who hasn't had experience in the suit. I would think surely by now, Rhodey would have adjusted to the weight of the suit and had better balance when he lands. I could be wrong and it could've been more of way to land cautiously around the secret service guys standing there too.

I too think it's one of Mandarin's boys in the suit at that point. Also I don't see I.P. helping Iron man catching falling people

I too think it's one of Mandarin's boys in the suit at that point. Also I don't see I.P. helping Iron man catching falling people

when we first see people getting sucked out of the plane one of them looks like Rhodey.

when we first see people getting sucked out of the plane one of them looks like Rhodey.

Iron Patriot is definitely on board AF1; we even see him punching some guy in a suit in a different scene. And I think that guy in the suit might be President William Sadler.

So I'm pretty sure the guy in the IP armor during that whole scene isn't Rhodey at all, but whoever steals the armor.

If I was a betting man, my money would be on the idea that it's not actually a "nightmare scene" per se, but rather that it's a side-effect of Extremis. By that, I mean to say that it's something along the lines of Tony having a dream/nightmare where he is trying to protect Pepper. The suit is just doing what it's being "told" to do, even if just by Tony's unconscious.

I kinda agree with that.

Iron Patriot is definitely on board AF1; we even see him punching some guy in a suit in a different scene. And I think that guy in the suit might be President William Sadler.

So I'm pretty sure the guy in the IP armor during that whole scene isn't Rhodey at all, but whoever steals the armor.

yes I do remember the IP armor slamming someone onto a table in a previous trailer. If Rhodey is on Af1 with the IP armor then the question is why is Rhodey not helping Tony save all the other falling passengers? I am happy to see the film to have my question answered.

maybe after [BLACKOUT]extremis surgery, Mandarin is probably messing with Tony mentally[/BLACKOUT]

maybe after [BLACKOUT]extremis surgery, Mandarin is probably messing with Tony mentally[/BLACKOUT]

Quite possibly.

However, I think it's just as likely that it will be tied into Tony's apparent paranoia post-Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"